• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA Letter to Obama

jmar254

My letter

This is what I wrote to Obama, and I clicked contact me

I fully support and agree with the letter from the National Rifle Association dated 03/14/2011. I couldn't have said it any better.

Beretta92FSLady

I agree with the approach of half the letter, while the approach of the other half is crap. Obama is a pragmatic thinker, so pontificating what the NRA considers to be his nominations and/or backing of anti-Second Amendment folks to SCOTUS or in his administration is a waste of time.

I have read(e) and heard a number of people accuse President Obama of being a flip-flopper. Well, if he is in fact a flip-flopper then the NRA or any other pro-Second Amendment group should be able to get Obama to flip-flop on Second Amendment issues.

I would recommend that the NRA take a less political and more pragmatic approach when dealing with Obama. But what do I know...the current approach is working so well, right?

since9

Campaign Veteran
I found the entire letter to be well-written and a pragmatic view of the issues surrounding Obama's and his administration's attacks on 2A rights and attempts to undermine the 2A altogether.

I't's highly unlikely Obama will ever read this letter, much less respond to it. Whatever flunky appointed to handle that task will undoubtedly be as anti-2A as Obama, yet will respond with a non-committal, neutral POV message that says nothing and does less.

A much more effective approach would be to write one's state and national legislators.