Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: California Legislature Wants Being a Politician as Good Cause for CC Permit

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Sons of Liberty's Avatar

California Legislature Wants Being a Politician as Good Cause for CC Permit

Citing the recent shooting of Congresswoman Giffords, our California legislature has proposed a bill that would make being an elected State official a "good cause" for a CCW permit!

What's outrageous is that we have a bill going through that would make open carry illegal for citizens, thus taking away a significant means of protection. However, our elected officials feel that somehow they deserve special privileges just because they are elected. So, if the same thing happened in California that happened in Arizona, the politician would be able to defend him/herself, but the 18 other law abiding citizens would have no protection!

Here's my answer to our legislature: The laws are currently written whereby you can carry a gun openly for protection (given certain restrictions). Just do it! Then you'll know how stupid some of these restrictions are!
    Clinging to God & Guns: The Constitution Restoration Project

That's such bullcrap. It just gives you clear proof that our servants are scared of their lifes being taken by the very people they are serving, which is another classic case of prejudice and sterotyping. All of the sudden 1 man can strike the fear in many servants and they start carrying pieces? But they are abolishing our second ammendment rights more and more every day.

What if I thought all politicans were cheating lieing pieces of crap so I took away their right to free speech?

If this passes I think I will be seeking a mountain home to get away from it all.

The last thing I need is a bunch of white collar politicians carrying around guns bigger than their dicks that they practically did nothing to obtain and don't know how to use.

If it makes sense for a politician to ccw for that reason, then it makes sense for a child to ccw because he would be more at risk of a violent crime than a full grown adult.

This really boils my blood.
    Last edited by realityfatality; 03-15-2011 at 10:05 AM.
    My Grandfather once said, "Don't don't start any fights but always get the first punch, don't take out your guns unless you plan on using them, and always be a hard working man." And I'll live those words till the day I die.

Apparently they haven't read their own constitution...unless they're looking to use the last line of this article/section as their basis...

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/.const/.article_1

Article 1 Section 7b
    (b) A citizen or class of citizens may not be granted privileges
    or immunities not granted on the same terms to all citizens.
    Privileges or immunities granted by the Legislature may be altered or
    revoked.

Awesome-

I have a two word response;

Equal Protection
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

Founder's Club Member
    Lets not overlook the bonanza they just handed us.

A politician in another state gets shot. One politician in how many years since the last?

And, now suddenly all politicians should have CCW permits? Great! I love it!

Citizens get shot, robbed, and raped much more often. Thus, by the politician's own logic, citizen's should have had shall issue and loaded OC years ago.

Also, their proposal is a complete inversion of the 1968 gun control act. Back then, three opinion leaders got shot--two Kennedys and ML King. The "solution" was to pass draconian gun restrictions that are still with us today. The current proposal is not to pass more anti-gun laws--it is to start arming the targets! Infrequent targets at that.

Wonderful! Thank you, politicians!

Just hammer those talking points, and any other related angles you can dream up.

Quote Originally Posted by ConditionThree View Post
    Awesome-

I have a two word response;

Equal Protection
    YES!

Please let them pass this bill. We might even be able to convince a court to apply P&I analysis this time around!

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bad_ace's Avatar
    This level of hypocrisy on this one is off the charts!

I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Since we already have laws granting privileges and immunities to all employees of certain corporations (Police departments) that do contracted work for another corporation (<inset name of your city here>). Shouldn't these laws be altered or revoked?

This Bill will be heard in the Senate Public Safety committee on Tues, March 22,

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar

Folks...

This bill should be passed as is. Read between the lines.
    Last edited by Gray Peterson; 03-17-2011 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Peterson View Post
    This bill should be passed as is. Read between the lines.
    I would love for this to become law. Let the leg. be their own worst enemy.
    Last edited by cato; 03-17-2011 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    I would love for this to become law. Let the leg. be their own worst enemy.
    Maybe we shouldn't talk about this. lol

But I had to ask myself: Is this an intentional trojan horse?

But, no, there's a (D) behind it. Just the moronic legislature up to their usual idiocy.
    Last edited by marshaul; 03-17-2011 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Maybe we shouldn't talk about this. lol

But I had to ask myself: Is this an intentional trojan horse?

But, no, there's a (D) behind it. Just the moronic legislature up to their usual idiocy.
    Except Senator Rod Wright is not one of our anti-gun enemies. He's probably the most pro-gun democrat in the State Legislature, more pro-gun than some of the Republican caucus, go figure. He's one of the reasons why the CGF Carry Licensing Initiative has been so successful in getting sheriff's to eliminate their unlawful fees and requirements (Solano County, San Mateo County, etc)

If you read the rest of the bill, you'll see the reasons why this bill is supported. There is also some 9th Circuit Court case law on equal protection that would be helpful to us.

This bill should be passed.

-Gray

more pro-gun than some of the Republican caucus
    More so than most, I would expect, if he truly is remotely aware of the implications of his bill.

There is also some 9th Circuit Court case law on equal protection that would be helpful to us.
    Is there an echo in here?

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.shop42a.com

Quote Originally Posted by ConditionThree View Post
    Is there an echo in here?
    Yep.

I think any pro gun laws would be good. Just because I can not benefit from this law YET dose not make it bad. Hey maybe more gun guys would run for an office if they got an instant CCW. Imagine a flood of gun nuts running for office to get a CCW! Now that would be funny.

"If squirt guns are outlawed, only outlaw squirts will have guns!"

James Taranto
    "If squirt guns are outlawed, only outlaw squirts will have guns!"

James Taranto

Quote Originally Posted by ryanburbridge View Post
    I think any pro gun laws would be good. Just because I can not benefit from this law YET dose not make it bad. Hey maybe more gun guys would run for an office if they got an instant CCW. Imagine a flood of gun nuts running for office to get a CCW! Now that would be funny.
    No, that's not why this bill is awesome.

While I support the fundamental human right of representatives to be armed for self-defense, they certainly shouldn't be given an exemption to laws they pass violating those rights.

If that's all this bill did, it would be nasty and vile.

But, that's not all it will do. It is solely for its further potential that we hope it will pass.
    Last edited by marshaul; 03-17-2011 at 06:20 PM.

Let them serve us before they serve themselves by repealing open carry restrictions. We need less restrictions on open carry, not more legislation on government permission carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sons of Liberty View Post
    Let them serve us before they serve themselves by repealing open carry restrictions. We need less restrictions on open carry, not more legislation on government permission carry.
    That ain't gonna happen, SoL, and you know it. This is California, not New Hampshire.

That ain't gonna happen, SoL, and you know it. This is California, not New Hampshire.
    Gray, the problem with your position on most things related to open carry is that you don't anchor your principles and objectives to the Constitution. Your vocalized strategy on the boards has been to accept defeat before you start and to compromise/negotiate/litigate for something less than what is guaranteed. Your path and those who advocate that California is not somehow amenable to ensuring its citizens the full breadth of rights documented in the Constitution will always fall short of restoring 2A rights as the founders intended. You fall short because you aim short.

Regardless of what the differences are between California and New Hampshire, we must hold all state legislatures accountable to the basic rights enumerated in the Constitution.

Regardless of what the differences are between California and New Hampshire, we must hold all state legislatures accountable to the basic rights enumerated in the Constitution.
    How do you propose to hold the California legislature accountable to their Consitutitional obligations?

The problem with this, is that the constituents keep reelecting the same garden variety anti-gun polititians over and over again. Since the legislature and the executive branches of our government are controlled almost exclusively by anti-gunners, we have to recognize and act on the softer targets to both gain traction and constrain the bad actions of our representatives. That leaves the courts which are bound by precident and our honored Constitution.

If we ever tip the balance of power enough to control the assembly or the senate we may be able to hold them accountable in the way you are suggesting, but until then we must utilize the separated powers of our trilateral government to attain our goals.

www.shop42a.com

Gray, the problem with your position on most things related to open carry is that you don't anchor your principles and objectives to the Constitution.
    The California politicians and the electorate have been ******** all over the US constitution for several decades.

ConditionThree pointed out the fallaciousness of your arguments to the level of it's outer extent. Unless you're planning on doing actual civil disobedience (loaded pistol carry in an incorporated city), then your suggestions are pretty much unhelpful. Going after PC626.9 results in judges ruling that the government has the right to make any place a sensitive place with no actual evidence. Going after PC12031, or even full carry bans like what exists in DC and Denver (for certain non-residents), or may-issue carry licensing, will result in, at first, federal judges ruling that carry is not at the core of the Second Amendment, and then masquerade the scrutiny level in intermediate, but is actually rational basis that they're applying.

Your only choice that you offer is civil disobedience, which unlike a matter of race (Please read the "Letters from Birmingham Jail" by MLK), gun carry is a choice that is not well regarded by our media. You will have no sympathy from anyone, including judge/jury or the prosecution.

In reality, you offer nothing.
    Last edited by Gray Peterson; 03-19-2011 at 01:32 AM.

In reality, you offer nothing.
    In reality, I offer freedom and liberty as the founders intended through the 2A. You offer chains and servitude.

In reality, I offer freedom and liberty as the founders intended through the 2A. You offer chains and servitude.
    So, Sons, since you offer freedom and liberty as the founders intended, when are you going to start open carrying a loaded pistol in Riverside City?

So, Sons, since you offer freedom and liberty as the founders intended, when are you going to start open carrying a loaded pistol in Riverside City?
    He better get his license denial a la Heller to maintain standing to challenge his conviction...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast