• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

California Lawmakers at it again

Whitney

To amend title 10, United States Code, to provide police officers, criminal
investigators, and game law enforcement officers of the Department
of Defense with authority to execute warrants, make arrests, and carry
firearms.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?r112:5:./temp/~r1128C7nuU::

SPEECH OF
HON. BOB FILNER
OF CALIFORNIA
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
MONDAY, JANUARY 24, 2011
Mr. FILNER. Mr. Speaker, I recently introduced the Department of Defense and Civilian Law Enforcement Coordination Act of 2011 (H.R. 324). My bill would amend federal law to permit Department of Defense law enforcement officers to better coordinate and cooperate with civilian law enforcement agencies. I drafted this legislation in cooperation with the Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) because many DOD law enforcement officers in my district have informed me that they are prohibited from basic coordination and cooperation with civilian agencies near DOD facilities. We need to ensure that federal, state, and local law enforcement are able to work together to apprehend criminals and to prevent and solve crimes. I hope that my colleagues will join me in co-sponsoring this important legislation.

Why do we need this?? How will this ensure cooperation with civilian agencies near DOD facilities? Sounds like a leadership problem to me.

~Whitney