• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Earlington Ky 42410 ATV area NO Weapons

klloyd

Madisonville, Mortons Gap KY(Western Ky), ,
** TICKETS PURCHASED, NO BAN LISTED IN RULES DUE TO "FALL OUT" FROM LAST YEAR.**

I have not verified this, but will do so tomorrow when I purchase tickets for the weekend. I have been told by a reliable source that the rules say no guns allowed either OC or CC in the ATV park. The only local officer is an avid ATVer and has sad the same thing. (reliable source road with him) I believe this is a city owned property, and they charge a fee to access it. I dont know if that makes a difference or not. Apparently there is a roving ranger that IS armed and will arrest anyone armed.
I AM indeed going to the ATV park this weekend, as I live right down the road from it. Once the rules are handed to me and I sign the waiver and know what is true, I'll let you know for sure. I just wanted to know where I stand as an OCer and a CCer. I'd like to be armed going into 600+ acres of woods, not knowing who, or what is out there... From all I've read, they can regulate the CC, but can they really regulate OC?

KDL

Last edited:

Thos.Jefferson

I have not verified this, but will do so tomorrow when I purchase tickets for the weekend. I have been told by a reliable source that the rules say no guns allowed either OC or CC in the ATV park. The only local officer is an avid ATVer and has sad the same thing. (reliable source road with him) I believe this is a city owned property, and they charge a fee to access it. I dont know if that makes a difference or not. Apparently there is a roving ranger that IS armed and will arrest anyone armed.
I AM indeed going to the ATV park this weekend, as I live right down the road from it. Once the rules are handed to me and I sign the waiver and know what is true, I'll let you know for sure. I just wanted to know where I stand as an OCer and a CCer. I'd like to be armed going into 600+ acres of woods, not knowing who, or what is out there... From all I've read, they can regulate the CC, but can they really regulate OC?

KDL

I am not a lawyer but it sounds to me like you are signing a contract agreeing to waive your Rights in return for using the facility and as such you are not being deprived of your Rights but voluntarily giving them up.

neuroblades

First, find out who owns the ATV park and who is banning the guns. Is it the city/county that says it's illegal? If so what law is being violated? If the city or county owns it, the gun ban is illegal and unenforceable. OC can not be banned in any manner and CC can only be banned in buildings, by passing an ordinance. I doubt a 600 acre ATV park is inside a building. Charging admission does not change anything. If the park is private property guns may be banned by the owner, but it would not be a crime to violate that and city/county LEO have no business enforcing private property owners policies. The owner could only ask you to leave or deny entry, if they knew you had a gun. If you refused to leave the LEO could cite you for trespass. Who employs the Ranger? Is he a certified law enforcement officer? Does he have a badge and uniform? What insignias does the uniform have? For what crime will he cite a person with a gun?

Kudos!

klloyd

Madisonville, Mortons Gap KY(Western Ky), ,
No Ban

Ok, got tickets, read rules, and NOTHING is mentioned in there about weapons. Just drugs and alcohol. I asked about the weapons ban from previous year, and the lady at the desk said there was some "fall out" about the restrictions from the last riding season, and subsequently had to change the rules. :) Looks like some of you guys beat me to this one!

UnfetteredMight

One also has to remember that even if you sign a contract, if a provision of that contract breaks state law, the provision is null and void regardless of you signing it.

This comes up most in lease agreements for rental properties, but it applies to anything.

Last edited: