• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA, CCRKBA take Obama to woodshed

Dave Workman

Obama wants a "new discussion" on gun rights and gun control

CCRKBA and NRA counter with: "We're already having a discussion...about Project Gunrunner"

================================

NRA to Obama: ‘Stop Fast and Furious immediately’

In a blistering letter to President Obama yesterday, the National Rifle Association – which has about 90,000 members in Washington state – not only declined to participate in a “new discussion” about guns proposed by the president’s Sunday Op-Ed piece in a Tucson newspaper, but instead suggested that he “bring an immediate stop” to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives’ “Fast and Furious” gunrunning sting operation.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-seattle/nra-to-obama-stop-fast-and-furious-immediately

Bellevue v. Obama: Gun safety, not gun hysteria

Bellevue’s Alan Gottlieb, chairman of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, offered some advice today for Barack Obama after reading the president’s guest column about gun rights and gun safety in the Arizona Daily Star over the weekend.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-seattle/bellevue-v-obama-gun-safety-not-gun-hysteria

Dreamer

In a blistering letter to President Obama yesterday, the National Rifle Association – which has about 90,000 members in Washington state – not only declined to participate in a “new discussion” about guns proposed by the president’s Sunday Op-Ed piece in a Tucson newspaper, but instead suggested that he “bring an immediate stop” to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives’ “Fast and Furious” gunrunning sting operation.

If the NRA had any spine at all, they would have left the last six words off that statement.

Because THAT would reflect what the People of this Nation REALLY believe needs to be done with BATFE...

Last edited:

RooksGambit

EXTREMELY poor choice of words for the headline.

To the point that (being new here and to this culture) I hesitate to lend credibility to the source since someone who carries that sentiment seems to value its information. I'll read and draw conclusions on my own as I always do, but wow.