• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Public Invitation to Maplewood's annual "Coffee Crawl"

Superlite27

In light of one of our member's recent harassment at the Maplewood Wal-Mart, I ran across this while perusing the local news:

http://www.feaststl.com/online-exclusives/the-feed/article_cdaedbda-4c12-11e0-b882-00127992bc8b.html

Seems as though the city of Maplewood has extended an invitation to the public to attend a showcase of local coffee oriented businesses in Maplewood's business district.

I believe this is an excellent opportunity, not only as another excuse to get together (which is always a hoot), but also to show solidarity for a fellow OC'er who has encountered problems in this municipality.

What better way to fulfill our mission of educating the public (and LEO's as well) than to attend a function promoted by the very municipality that is a little foggy on it's own citizen's firearm rights?

In the above link, there is a request to RSVP with the city of Maplewood in order for them to "headcount" for attendance. I intend to do so. Anyone else feel like joining me? (Especially those who would be interested in video recording such an interesting event...and any possible interactions.)

StevenSTL

If I'm off work, count me in. However, with it being wedding season, I don't imagine I'd be off on a Saturday.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I can not take any risk the rest of the week since the military guys are in town for training and I have my kids on Saturday so I can not make that but I may very well head to stroll maplewood this weekend.

cash50

I'm in. If Maplewood is OC legal to the states definition I'll try and bring a new guy or two.

And is the event said free? Does that mean free coffee?

kylemoul

they cant arrest us all.

and if they do remind them about all the paperwork they will have to start doing.
and of course the lawsuits that will follow lol

mspgunner

they cant arrest us all.

and if they do remind them about all the paperwork they will have to start doing.
and of course the lawsuits that will follow lol

Don't think this will happen now! They would arrest all who OC! Might want to show up and CCW with the T-Shirt of Missouri Open carry!

kylemoul

yea just read the maplewood posts a little bit ago...

the whole world has turned soft. too many people living in the fantasy life that everyone is a good person and there is never crime, and it wont happen to them.

zekester

If it passes

If the ordinance passes....it will be illegal to carry openly at this event.....But that said....do like they do in Texas, have a holster with no firearm...gets the point across....I guess...

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Don't think this will happen now! They would arrest all who OC! Might want to show up and CCW with the T-Shirt of Missouri Open carry!

both of em shipped today, expected delivery Tuesday

mspgunner

Superlite27, you are now published: http://maplewood-brentwood.patch.co...ity-council?track_event=view-follow-up.590494

Just goes to show you that the anti's are watching, and we've got to choose our words carefully (not saying you didn't, I thought your piece was well written.)

I know they are watching, that's OK here. I'm going to go before the City Council April 12 and tell them a 3 minute story. I'll present "our" case for OC and hope others will dress well, be polite and speak in a civil manner to get them to alter the proposal. I have an idea, I sure won't post it here, I hope many will go to Maplewood with a good presentation. Getting in theri face will get you "NOTHING"!

kcgunfan

I know they are watching, that's OK here. I'm going to go before the City Council April 12 and tell them a 3 minute story. I'll present "our" case for OC and hope others will dress well, be polite and speak in a civil manner to get them to alter the proposal. I have an idea, I sure won't post it here, I hope many will go to Maplewood with a good presentation. Getting in theri face will get you "NOTHING"!

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hint that it was wrong for them to watch. As a matter of fact, I welcome it. We do not need to slink around in the shadows. We should stand tall and work wherever we can to maintain/improve out 2A rights. Best of luck to you and the others on the 12th. I could not agree more about not getting in their face. When you have an audience that is predisposed to being hostile to your point of view, you can't really go up burning with righteous indignation.

sohighlyunlikely

Superlite must be well known

Superlite27, you are now published: http://maplewood-brentwood.patch.co...ity-council?track_event=view-follow-up.590494

Just goes to show you that the anti's are watching, and we've got to choose our words carefully (not saying you didn't, I thought your piece was well written.)

Well Mr Superlite, It looks like the pen is mightier than the sword. With all my productive Open Carry group activism events that created awareness and acceptance were squashed by one of your forum post about going to the "Coffee Crawl" that was enough to put OC up to a banning vote in the city of Maplewood. I understand you stepping out of the limelight. Just the thought of your presence apparently strikes fear in the hearts of Liberals.

Doc