• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Inner waist band holsters

irish52084

The cross breed supertuck is a great holster, but for less money you can get a comptac minotaur and they are excellent, at least as good as the supertuck.
With my supertuck, or my comptac minotaur I felt they were both comfortable for long drives. Drove 5+ hours straight with both and they performed very well in the comfort department, but your seats and body type affect that as well.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
http://kholster.com/

http://kholster.com/

Have you considered a kholster? This guy hand makes all of them. I sometimes chose this over OWB because it's just so comfortable. I don't even notice I'm wearing a gun sometimes. It's just cross a crossbreed, but almost half the price. He has a pretty generous warrenty also.

It's also adjustable to what ever angle you want it to be. Check it out!

I own 2 :)

I've got a super tuck, which I love. But every day I wear my two DeSantis Tuck This II. I've gone on many road trips with the holsters + guns + magazines IWB. Hasn't really been an issue comfort wise. The real concern with IWB while traveling is it COULD be more difficult to draw from a seated position in a car if the need arose. Many people who drive for a living or are planning on taking road trips prefer to either carry a shoulder holster, ankle holster, or have one of those "in the car" holsters. Or a car gun + leave your IWB weapons on.

For just pure comfort between the Desantis and Cross-Breed I'd probably give the nod to the Cross-Breed.

Great info !! I suppose I could mount a right hand holster on my left side while driving to have easy access through my winter coat, same with a summer vest.

Seems that would be a way around drawing from a seated position in a car rather than a shoulder holster.

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
The Crossbreed holsters are big and ugly but they function great. The larger size distributes the weight well. I have one for my FNP-40 and even after several hours in the car or walking around it is still very comfortable. It is great for concealed carry (if necessary) and you can even tuck your shirt in while wearing it.

irish52084

I usually carry in a bladetech kydex paddle holster and when I get in the car, I take it off my side and hook it on my seat belt. This is legal in my area and may not be in others. It's really comfortable and easy to draw if need be. The holster cost me $24 and it's great for just the car if you don't mind swapping holsters when you get into your car.

4angrybadgers

I've carried a subcompact XD40 in a Crossbreed SuperTuck while driving several times, it's fairly comfortable. Usually, if I'm driving more than a minute I slide my XD into the factory holster that I bolted beneath the steering column.