• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pierce County Security Encounter

j2l3

Me: Actually Washignton state doesnt require you to have your CPL to openly carry a firearm as long as its on your outermost layer of clothing and is visible from three sides.

Where in the RCW does it say this? In fact, where in the RCW is open carry mentioned? I'm pretty sure it doesn't say either of these things.

It's legal, simply because it isn't prohibited.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I would respectfully suggest you just go about your business and not bother with security personnel unless they bother you first. Do you ask the person at 7-11 or other stores about their policy on open carry, since there is no sign on their door?

I understand the OP is newer to the site...

I also respectfully ask that you follow NavyLT suggestion above as well as spend a good 2 weeks reading the forum, both current and past history and learn about what it is as a collective we are trying to accomplish. Contact, via PM, several long term forum members and ask their opinions of things and be open to learning as much as you possibly can.

Deepdiver36

I understand the OP is newer to the site...

I also respectfully ask that you follow NavyLT suggestion above as well as spend a good 2 weeks reading the forum, both current and past history and learn about what it is as a collective we are trying to accomplish. Contact, via PM, several long term forum members and ask their opinions of things and be open to learning as much as you possibly can.

I would like to take this a step further and ask before you read this forum and use it a your primary source of information that you become very familiar with the laws of your state. First, so you do not end up in serious trouble and second, so you do not speak out of your arse when dealing with officials.

You can do a lot of harm to the OC cause in a short amount of time. Please tread lightly.

Last edited:

jbone

Three Sides Rule

You folks have never heard of the “Three Sides Rule”? OMG!
By only requiring three sides visible the state has recognized that there are some gun toting Washingtonians that may present poorly from on-side or another, or that others may be uncomfortable with the frontal or hinny side exposed. I think it nice you have the choice of side to cover.
I see the post was retracted. Troll?

amlevin

You folks have never heard of the “Three Sides Rule”? OMG!
By only requiring three sides visible the state has recognized that there are some gun toting Washingtonians that may present poorly from on-side or another, or that others may be uncomfortable with the frontal or hinny side exposed. I think it nice you have the choice of side to cover.
I see the post was retracted. Troll?

And here you have an example of where people get their funny ideas of what is or is not against the law.

Three Sides Rule??????? Wonder if it was that "Sweep everyting off the floor and make it the special topping" pizza he ate that caused him to "Dream" up this "rule".

I'm surprised that there isn't a list of all these "Rules" that have no basis in law. Might make for some humorous reading.

Also love it when someone is carrying and, with absolutely nobody noticing, they purposely engage someone in authority and ask "What do you think about this"?

NavyLT pretty much summed it up. Just go about your business. If you aren't being noticed, all the better.

Last edited:

Johnsmith1521

And here you have an example of where people get their funny ideas of what is or is not against the law.

Three Sides Rule??????? Wonder if it was that "Sweep everyting off the floor and make it the special topping" pizza he ate that caused him to "Dream" up this "rule".

I'm surprised that there isn't a list of all these "Rules" that have no basis in law. Might make for some humorous reading.

Also love it when someone is carrying and, with absolutely nobody noticing, they purposely engage someone in authority and ask "What do you think about this"?

NavyLT pretty much summed it up. Just go about your business. If you aren't being noticed, all the better.

+1 :monkey

jbone

It is funny, you got to wonder who told him/her the three sided rule, did he/she make it up, and how many others have the same notion, and are spreading the word. You're right about engaging, something I’ve noticed is an increase of posters that appear engaging is their method of choice. That's just counter-productive IMO.

1911er

Three sides rule ????

Does that mean I have to wear it on A lanyard around my neck. Would that be ok.three sides are showing. Or would that have Police officers shooting at me because they thought I was " going to be" A threat.

jbone

Does that mean I have to wear it on A lanyard around my neck. Would that be ok.three sides are showing. Or would that have Police officers shooting at me because they thought I was " going to be" A threat.
You got me! I suggest asking the OP, I have only limited knowledge of the wacky information.