Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT - Bucks Gun Shop, Snohomish, WA

OT - Bucks Gun Shop, Snohomish, WA

Gang:

This may be completely inappropriate and if so, please forgive me and moderators please delete.

I have recently obtained my FFL license and am open for business in the Snohomish area. I would like to offer firearm sales and FFL transfers to the Open Carry crowd.

You can find additional information at www.Bucks-Gun-Shop.com and can find me on Facebook.

I look forward to finding you the best possible price on firearms that you are interested in purchasing, or in facilitating the transfer of a firearm that you have purchased or sold.

Thanks.

That's great, but did you know your store address is not actually found on your website?

Your also not yet listed in Google Maps.

Welcome to the area, nice to have another store nearby, but if you want people to show up, you got to give people a better clue than "between Snohomish and Monroe".

Just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by FMCDH View Post
    That's great, but did you know your store address is not actually found on your website?

Your also not yet listed in Google Maps.

Welcome to the area, nice to have another store nearby, but if you want people to show up, you got to give people a better clue than "between Snohomish and Monroe".

Just sayin...
    Google Maps takes some time sir.

Quote Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
    Google Maps takes some time sir.
    Yes, but giving your own address on your own website does not.

Hence, the afterthought of adding the fact that using Google Maps cant help.

Added: One way to add your business to Google Maps
    https://www.google.com/accounts/Serv...?service%3Dlbc
    Last edited by FMCDH; 03-15-2011 at 10:04 PM.

AW give him a break guys, I kinda think he's still getting set up.

Always glad to see a new gun shop. I'd love to stop by, any chance y'all will be open Friday night say around midnight? And have bus parking? Name:  icon_mrgreen.gif
Views: 1087
Size:  349 Bytes
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

You guys crack me up... Has there ever been a post that someone didn't criticize something about the OP???

Any'hooose... My "store" is a virtual store and thus there is no address... Contact me by email and order a firearm from me... That way I keep the riff raff out that just want to back the bus up at midnight!!!!! *G*....

I hope to open something bricks and mortar in the couple o'years and am just dabbling right now... Gotta keep the full time job running so I can do this part time...

I appreciate your support and especially appreciate FMCDH and the rest of ya actually checking out the website... Sign the guest book and let me know you were there... If ya need anything, let me know that as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Idlechater View Post
    You guys crack me up... Has there ever been a post that someone didn't criticize something about the OP???

Any'hooose... My "store" is a virtual store and thus there is no address... Contact me by email and order a firearm from me... That way I keep the riff raff out that just want to back the bus up at midnight!!!!! *G*....

I hope to open something bricks and mortar in the couple o'years and am just dabbling right now... Gotta keep the full time job running so I can do this part time...

I appreciate your support and especially appreciate FMCDH and the rest of ya actually checking out the website... Sign the guest book and let me know you were there... If ya need anything, let me know that as well...
    I heard it was very difficult if not almost impossible to get an FFL without a brick and mortar store these days. How hard was it for you?
    Last edited by joeroket; 03-16-2011 at 12:12 PM.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Quote Originally Posted by joeroket View Post
    I heard it was very difficult if not almost impossible to get an FFL with a brick and mortar store these days. How hard was it for you?
    Joe - it is unbelievable the number of hoops that you have to jump through just to get an FFL and then all of the paper work that has to be filled out, and maintained is crushing. That said, it is a bit of a labor of love for me so I just put up with it.

I look forward to helping some of you guys/gals out.

Joe - it is unbelievable the number of hoops that you have to jump through just to get an FFL and then all of the paper work that has to be filled out, and maintained is crushing. That said, it is a bit of a labor of love for me so I just put up with it.

I look forward to helping some of you guys/gals out.
    Thanks for that info. I will give you first crack at my next firearm purchase but at the very least I will come to you for the transfer.

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

The transfer fee on your website doesn't mention the new state use tax requirement.

Also, did you ever consider adding Coonan Arms to your stable? That might be my next purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Dain Bramage View Post
    The transfer fee on your website doesn't mention the new state use tax requirement.

Also, did you ever consider adding Coonan Arms to your stable? That might be my next purchase.
    Probably didn't mention it because EVERY Dealer has to charge it and it's the same (with some small local exceptions).

As for "Internet Only" stores, I'm still a "touch it, feel it, buy it, guy. No stock no sale to me. I buy ammo, parts, and reloading components online, not guns.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Probably didn't mention it because EVERY Dealer has to charge it and it's the same (with some small local exceptions).

As for "Internet Only" stores, I'm still a "touch it, feel it, buy it, guy. No stock no sale to me. I buy ammo, parts, and reloading components online, not guns.
    I agree, however I have bought offline just because the deal was way to good to pass up. I got my Taurus mod 82 in damn near new condition for $185 including the shipping and transfer fee. I don't know of a retail store around that could touch that price.

Gang:

Didn't mention the tax because it is the same for everyone. Would be happy to put it on my site if you all feel that I am somehow trying to hide something. Safeway doesn't put sales tax down on their ad's either. It is just a fact of life. I hate it and suggest that everyone else that does not like it to complain to your representative. You don't have to pay tax on many other items that you buy online, so why firearms?

I totally respect those that are touchy-feely types. I am actually that way myself. Just understand that you pay a premium for that. Not because the store is trying to mess you around, but because they have to pay overhead that I don't have to pay. Many times it is worth paying the extra so you can hold, feel, and see the firearm.

I plan to do some of the WAC shows in the future so perhaps those of you that are the touchy-feely types can stop by and do your thing there.

For those of you that want to save a little money and know what you want, please give me a chance to earn your business.

Thanks.

P.S. I have added a footnote indicating the sales tax requirement. Don't want anyone thinking that I am anything but 100% upfront. See http://www.bucks-gun-shop.com/FFL-Transfers.html
    Last edited by Idlechater; 03-16-2011 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Update with Web change

P.S. I have added a footnote indicating the sales tax requirement. Don't want anyone thinking that I am anything but 100% upfront. See http://www.bucks-gun-shop.com/FFL-Transfers.html
    Not to nit pick but aren't you required to collect tax on the entire cost including shipping? Your note makes it sound like just the price of the firearm. I only mention this because I would hate to see you get a bad name because people don't know the laws. Not all people will click that RCW link. Maybe word your footnote right from the law. Also I would have the note read that it is a use tax and not sales tax.

Quote Originally Posted by joeroket View Post
    I only mention this because I would hate to see you get a bad name because people don't know the laws.
    That was the only reason I brought up the use tax. I wasn't trying to imply that you were hiding anything. It's just that some people don't know about the new enforcement efforts by the state (the tax has been around forever), and might get upset at you because thay haven't had to pay before.

You don't have to pay tax on many other items that you buy online, so why firearms?
    Because the State has a way to get YOU to collect it. It's still supposed to be paid on all those items that you buy online but unless the company selling it "has a presence" in Washington, they have no way to collect it other than voluntarily. Until they make UPS, FEDEX, or the USPS, "agents" to collect the sales tax they'll just have to wring their hands and whine. Because they have a hold over FFL's in the form of a Business License, they can put the arm on them to collect their SST. (Stupid Sales Tax).

Now if everyone was a good, civic minded individual, and believed that the State wouldn't waste the extra money, they'd voluntarily remit the sales tax on all those purchases from Cheaper-Than-Dirt and such. Volunteers anyone?
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Because the State has a way to get YOU to collect it. It's still supposed to be paid on all those items that you buy online but unless the company selling it "has a presence" in Washington, they have no way to collect it other than voluntarily. Until they make UPS, FEDEX, or the USPS, "agents" to collect the sales tax they'll just have to wring their hands and whine. Because they have a hold over FFL's in the form of a Business License, they can put the arm on them to collect their SST. (Stupid Sales Tax).

Now if everyone was a good, civic minded individual, and believed that the State wouldn't waste the extra money, they'd voluntarily remit the sales tax on all those purchases from Cheaper-Than-Dirt and such. Volunteers anyone?
    Not it.

You don't have to pay tax on many other items that you buy online, so why firearms?
    Oh, but you do. Use tax is levied on any internet purchase where the provider has a state presence, which you definitely do, brick-and-mortar shop or not. Guns and cars are the easy catch for the state due to the paperwork tracking requirements.

It could be argued (correctly in my view) that you are only fulfilling a federally required service, and the transfer fee is the only part done by you and your state presence, and therefore that should be the only part taxed. Trying to get that logic by the money-hungry state is a different matter.

Happiness is getting that antique Finn M-39 rifle delivered directly to your door without any sheckels to Gregoire.

Ive heard stories of people getting weapons from out of state after a loved one has passed. And having to pay sales tax on them like they were buying it . Any truth to this
    I truly Love my Country, But the government scares the he!! out of me.

DEMAND IT
    Congress SHALL NOT receive A salary greater than any service member and will be given EQUIVELANT insurance as any service member

I came into this world kicking and screaming covered in someone else's blood. And if necessary to protect the Constitution of The United States of AMERICA. I will go out the same way

All hail the Domain of Neptunus Rex

My nephew passed away last year, while living in Ca. The entire collection was willed to me. No tax paid, but a real and I mean R E A L can of worms getting them transferred up here. Still working on some of them.

All right gentlemen, I have added a note that the total purchase price includes freight/deliver and insurance charges. This language right out of the RCW. I prefer to not put the entire RCW in the footnote because only the legal eagles that prowl this forum can make heads or tails out of it. I prefer simple English.

Every person who maintains in this state a place of business or a stock of goods, or engages in business activities within this state, shall obtain from the department a certificate of registration, and shall, at the time of making sales of tangible personal property, extended warranties, or sales of any service defined as a retail sale in RCW 82.04.050 (2)(a) or (3)(a), or making transfers of either possession or title, or both, of tangible personal property for use in this state, collect from the purchasers or transferees the tax imposed under this chapter. The tax to be collected under this section shall be in an amount equal to the purchase price multiplied by the rate in effect for the retail sales tax under RCW 82.08.020. (Emphasis added).

NOW -- Would one of you meat heads actually contact me to purchase something!!!!!! ;-)

All right gentlemen, I have added a note that the total purchase price includes freight/deliver and insurance charges. This language right out of the RCW. I prefer to not put the entire RCW in the footnote because only the legal eagles that prowl this forum can make heads or tails out of it. I prefer simple English.

Every person who maintains in this state a place of business or a stock of goods, or engages in business activities within this state, shall obtain from the department a certificate of registration, and shall, at the time of making sales of tangible personal property, extended warranties, or sales of any service defined as a retail sale in RCW 82.04.050 (2)(a) or (3)(a), or making transfers of either possession or title, or both, of tangible personal property for use in this state, collect from the purchasers or transferees the tax imposed under this chapter. The tax to be collected under this section shall be in an amount equal to the purchase price multiplied by the rate in effect for the retail sales tax under RCW 82.08.020. (Emphasis added).

NOW -- Would one of you meat heads actually contact me to purchase something!!!!!! ;-)
    I think it looks perfect now.

I will be contacting you, don't hold your breath waiting, as soon as the finance minister releases funding.

I like this guy!

He has spunk and a sense of humor!

The next time I am looking for a new firearm, I will definately get in contact with you.

Welcome and have a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by HeesBonafide View Post
    He has spunk and a sense of humor!

The next time I am looking for a new firearm, I will definately get in contact with you.

Welcome and have a great day!
    Yeah. I'd definitely want to do business with someone that refers to me as "meathead".
    Last edited by amlevin; 03-17-2011 at 02:45 PM.

Will or Trust

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger Dr View Post
    My nephew passed away last year, while living in Ca. The entire collection was willed to me. No tax paid, but a real and I mean R E A L can of worms getting them transferred up here. Still working on some of them.
    Not trying to hijack this thread however, I have been wondering about this same thing. In the event of my untimely death I want to transfer my collection of firearms to a trustee/beneficiary who may not be leagaly permitted to recieve some of my collection (read NFA items).

I have considered leaving instructions to destroy said items but cant bring myself to write them.

How does one put this toghther without the associated pain?

~Whitney
    The problem with America is stupidity.
    I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast