• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT - Bucks Gun Shop, Snohomish, WA

Idlechater

All right gentlemen, I have added a note that the total purchase price includes freight/deliver and insurance charges. This language right out of the RCW. I prefer to not put the entire RCW in the footnote because only the legal eagles that prowl this forum can make heads or tails out of it. I prefer simple English.

Every person who maintains in this state a place of business or a stock of goods, or engages in business activities within this state, shall obtain from the department a certificate of registration, and shall, at the time of making sales of tangible personal property, extended warranties, or sales of any service defined as a retail sale in RCW 82.04.050 (2)(a) or (3)(a), or making transfers of either possession or title, or both, of tangible personal property for use in this state, collect from the purchasers or transferees the tax imposed under this chapter. The tax to be collected under this section shall be in an amount equal to the purchase price multiplied by the rate in effect for the retail sales tax under RCW 82.08.020. (Emphasis added).

NOW -- Would one of you meat heads actually contact me to purchase something!!!!!! ;-)

joeroket

All right gentlemen, I have added a note that the total purchase price includes freight/deliver and insurance charges. This language right out of the RCW. I prefer to not put the entire RCW in the footnote because only the legal eagles that prowl this forum can make heads or tails out of it. I prefer simple English.

Every person who maintains in this state a place of business or a stock of goods, or engages in business activities within this state, shall obtain from the department a certificate of registration, and shall, at the time of making sales of tangible personal property, extended warranties, or sales of any service defined as a retail sale in RCW 82.04.050 (2)(a) or (3)(a), or making transfers of either possession or title, or both, of tangible personal property for use in this state, collect from the purchasers or transferees the tax imposed under this chapter. The tax to be collected under this section shall be in an amount equal to the purchase price multiplied by the rate in effect for the retail sales tax under RCW 82.08.020. (Emphasis added).

NOW -- Would one of you meat heads actually contact me to purchase something!!!!!! ;-)

I think it looks perfect now.

I will be contacting you, don't hold your breath waiting, as soon as the finance minister releases funding. :cry:

HeesBonafide

I like this guy!

He has spunk and a sense of humor!

The next time I am looking for a new firearm, I will definately get in contact with you.

Welcome and have a great day!

Whitney

Will or Trust

My nephew passed away last year, while living in Ca. The entire collection was willed to me. No tax paid, but a real and I mean R E A L can of worms getting them transferred up here. Still working on some of them.

Not trying to hijack this thread however, I have been wondering about this same thing. In the event of my untimely death I want to transfer my collection of firearms to a trustee/beneficiary who may not be leagaly permitted to recieve some of my collection (read NFA items).

I have considered leaving instructions to destroy said items but cant bring myself to write them.

How does one put this toghther without the associated pain?

~Whitney

joeroket

Not trying to hijack this thread however, I have been wondering about this same thing. In the event of my untimely death I want to transfer my collection of firearms to a trustee/beneficiary who may not be leagaly permitted to recieve some of my collection (read NFA items).

I have considered leaving instructions to destroy said items but cant bring myself to write them.

~Whitney

If I was in your spot and had no one I could leave them to that was able to lawfully keep them in their state I would probably will them to the NRA. You can be rest assured that they would not be destroyed.

Trigger Dr

~Whitney

There is always the option of donating to NRA Museum

HeesBonafide

Meat Head hurts?

Yeah. I'd definitely want to do business with someone that refers to me as "meathead".

One thing I LOVE about this country is the freedom to choose who you do business with. Don't like his euphamsims, then go someplace else.

If you don't see the humor in his statement (that it isn't personal) you probably shouldn't do business with him.

Have a GREAT weekend everyone and be safe!