Thread: Escondido meet-up 3/19

Escondido meet-up 3/19

Planning a meeting on Saturday Mar. 19 at 4pm at the escondido mall. I checked google earth and it is clear of GFSZ and according to the Mall there are no private/charter schools on the property. The way I figure it is they have the food court for eating and there will be a good amount of people that we can share information with.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

4 pm on the 19th, I can make that, count me in. Approximate address of mall, not familiar of Escondido.
    New to OPEN CARRY? Click here first

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

I can make it.....Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Firemark View Post
    4 pm on the 19th, I can make that, count me in. Approximate address of mall, not familiar of Escondido.

Sounds good
    ‎"Suppose you were a congressman. Now,suppose you were an idiot. But I repeat myself." Mark Twain

220 E. Via Rancho Pkwy, Escondido, CA
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Love the screen name IYAOYAS. Wondering which branch?

A fellow red shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by IYAOYAS View Post
    Planning a meeting on Saturday Mar. 19 at 4pm at the escondido mall. I checked google earth and it is clear of GFSZ and according to the Mall there are no private/charter schools on the property. The way I figure it is they have the food court for eating and there will be a good amount of people that we can share information with.
    So I just pulled up goggle maps and got the shopping mall centered on the map then on my first search I typed in "school" the first hit was a charter school,
    272 East Via Rancho Parkway, Escondido, CA
    (760) 233-7423 ‎
    So I called the number to confirm and the person who answered the phone was the school administrator, he says the charter school is located in the mall, at the address listed above, and they teach 6-12 graders.

So obviously I wont be joining you to UOC at this locale.

For everyone who reads this string, I can not stress enough that if you choose to UOC you and you alone must research and discover for yourself if you will be violating the law where you carry. Please do not count on anyones advice or feedback, you have to determine for yourself if it is legal because ultimatley you will be responsible and answer for a crime and ignorance is not a legitimate excuse.

nothing against you personally IYAOYAS just have to make the point so others learn this very importnat lesson.

"Gun owners in California in 2011 are like black people in the south in 1955. If you don't understand that then your concepts of fighting for gun rights is just tilting at windmills." Gene Hoffman.

"Why do you need to carry a gun?" ...Because it not a Bill of Needs, its a Bill of Rights!!

Your Meet Up.

Have you looked at my web site http://www.escondido-open-carry.org/index.html ?

We have been UOCing here in Escondido since Sept 2009.
    Check out my web site and send me an e-mail. I will see you there at 1600 on 3/19/11

I am glad you found us, we need concerned citizens like yourself to join us in our Quest to regain our Constitutional Rights.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Here are all the TV stations (Channels 7,9,10) coverage on You Tube of our first UOC, it's great.
    YouTube - Open Carry, Escondido 9-1-09
    Sept 1, 2009 ... Escondido Open Carry does their first event at the Starbucks at Valley Pkwy and Escondido Bl.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixdR9OfVae4
    --------------------------------------------------
    Here are the videos from our 9/11/09 Cruising Grand UOC.
    This link takes you to the first video then click on "More From 12eye12"
    to see all 9 of them.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV2TUWDLorU
    ---------------------------------------------------

3/19/11 meet up

So I just pulled up goggle maps and got the shopping mall centered on the map then on my first search I typed in "school" the first hit was a charter school,
    (760) 233-7423 ‎
    So I called the number to confirm and the person who answered the phone was the school administrator, he says the charter school is located in the mall, at the address listed above, and they teach 6-12 graders.

For everyone who reads this string, I can not stress enough that if you choose to UOC you and you alone must research and discover for yourself if you will be violating the law where you carry. Please do not count on anyones advice or feedback, you have to determine for yourself if it is legal because ultimatley you will be responsible and answer for a crime and ignorance is not a legitimate excuse.

nothing against you personally IYAOYAS just have to make the point so others learn this very importnat lesson.
    I checked on Map quest and it didn't show anything, glad you found the charter school in time to save us all some trouble, Thanks.
    ------------------------------------------------
    I would like to invite everyone who is interested in UOC to visit the Escondido Republican Club meeting on 3/21/11 at 11:30.
    Here is the info on where when and what it costs, let me know if you want to attend.
    We UOC there every month and it's NOT in a GFZ.

525 N Quince St
    Escondido, CA 92029 US
    When:
    Doors open at 11:30 AM.
    Luncheon: Noon until 1:00 PM.
    Buffet Lunch: $12 if paying with cash, please have the exact change.
    County Supervisor Pam Slater-Price will be the guest speaker on March 21

(760) 233-7423 ‎

Dont worry Im really glad you found that. You just saved us alot of trouble. I agree everyone should do there own research, I thought it was good. I will search out a new location.

Quote Originally Posted by we-the-people View Post
    love the screen name iyaoyas. Wondering which branch?

A fellow red shirt.
    usmc

New location

320 W. Valley Parkway, Escondido, CA At the starbucks still keep the time of 4pm on sat. Please do your own research on this location my search on google earth says that is clear of GFSZ.

Cool esco mall

were at the mall shall me meet food court, sears, jcp?

starbucks

o starbucks. well we still be going to the mall. because there are no schools with in 1000ft of the mall

Quote Originally Posted by Televize View Post
    o starbucks. well we still be going to the mall. because there are no schools with in 1000ft of the mall
    Their is a 6-12 grade school IN THE MALL. PLEASE read entire thread...

Can you report on center city high school is it still there at 129 south orange or did it close/move??? it looks very close to being 1000' away from Starbucks.

Their is a 6-12 grade school IN THE MALL. PLEASE read entire thread...

Can you report on center city high school is it still there at 129 south orange or did it close/move??? it looks very close to being 1000' away from Starbucks.
    it is 1200' away

Apologies I cant make it today, work recalled me for mandatory shift. I will be unavailable till after 8. Have fun, be safe, stay dry.

Have you seen this web site (http://www.escondido-open-carry.org/)?

The event was pretty uneventful. I was the only one that showed up. I talked to the security guards that work there they are said that we are welcome to come out anytime we want. They are the only two security guards that work in the plaza. No cops showed just a few questions from citizens.