• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Escondido meet-up 3/19

IYAOYAS

Planning a meeting on Saturday Mar. 19 at 4pm at the escondido mall. I checked google earth and it is clear of GFSZ and according to the Mall there are no private/charter schools on the property. The way I figure it is they have the food court for eating and there will be a good amount of people that we can share information with.

Firemark

4 pm on the 19th, I can make that, count me in. Approximate address of mall, not familiar of Escondido.

Firemark

Planning a meeting on Saturday Mar. 19 at 4pm at the escondido mall. I checked google earth and it is clear of GFSZ and according to the Mall there are no private/charter schools on the property. The way I figure it is they have the food court for eating and there will be a good amount of people that we can share information with.

So I just pulled up goggle maps and got the shopping mall centered on the map then on my first search I typed in "school" the first hit was a charter school,
272 East Via Rancho Parkway, Escondido, CA
(760) 233-7423 ‎
So I called the number to confirm and the person who answered the phone was the school administrator, he says the charter school is located in the mall, at the address listed above, and they teach 6-12 graders.

So obviously I wont be joining you to UOC at this locale.

For everyone who reads this string, I can not stress enough that if you choose to UOC you and you alone must research and discover for yourself if you will be violating the law where you carry. Please do not count on anyones advice or feedback, you have to determine for yourself if it is legal because ultimatley you will be responsible and answer for a crime and ignorance is not a legitimate excuse.

nothing against you personally IYAOYAS just have to make the point so others learn this very importnat lesson.

Tink

Your Meet Up.

Have you looked at my web site http://www.escondido-open-carry.org/index.html ?

We have been UOCing here in Escondido since Sept 2009.
Check out my web site and send me an e-mail. I will see you there at 1600 on 3/19/11

I am glad you found us, we need concerned citizens like yourself to join us in our Quest to regain our Constitutional Rights.
---------------------------------------------------
Here are all the TV stations (Channels 7,9,10) coverage on You Tube of our first UOC, it's great.
YouTube - Open Carry, Escondido 9-1-09
Sept 1, 2009 ... Escondido Open Carry does their first event at the Starbucks at Valley Pkwy and Escondido Bl.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixdR9OfVae4
--------------------------------------------------
Here are the videos from our 9/11/09 Cruising Grand UOC.
This link takes you to the first video then click on "More From 12eye12"
to see all 9 of them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QV2TUWDLorU
---------------------------------------------------

Tink

3/19/11 meet up

So I just pulled up goggle maps and got the shopping mall centered on the map then on my first search I typed in "school" the first hit was a charter school,
(760) 233-7423 ‎
So I called the number to confirm and the person who answered the phone was the school administrator, he says the charter school is located in the mall, at the address listed above, and they teach 6-12 graders.

For everyone who reads this string, I can not stress enough that if you choose to UOC you and you alone must research and discover for yourself if you will be violating the law where you carry. Please do not count on anyones advice or feedback, you have to determine for yourself if it is legal because ultimatley you will be responsible and answer for a crime and ignorance is not a legitimate excuse.

nothing against you personally IYAOYAS just have to make the point so others learn this very importnat lesson.

I checked on Map quest and it didn't show anything, glad you found the charter school in time to save us all some trouble, Thanks.
------------------------------------------------
I would like to invite everyone who is interested in UOC to visit the Escondido Republican Club meeting on 3/21/11 at 11:30.
Here is the info on where when and what it costs, let me know if you want to attend.
We UOC there every month and it's NOT in a GFZ.

525 N Quince St
Escondido, CA 92029 US
When:
Doors open at 11:30 AM.
Luncheon: Noon until 1:00 PM.
Buffet Lunch: $12 if paying with cash, please have the exact change.
County Supervisor Pam Slater-Price will be the guest speaker on March 21

IYAOYAS

(760) 233-7423 ‎

Dont worry Im really glad you found that. You just saved us alot of trouble. I agree everyone should do there own research, I thought it was good. I will search out a new location.

IYAOYAS

New location

320 W. Valley Parkway, Escondido, CA At the starbucks still keep the time of 4pm on sat. Please do your own research on this location my search on google earth says that is clear of GFSZ.

Firemark

o starbucks. well we still be going to the mall. because there are no schools with in 1000ft of the mall

Their is a 6-12 grade school IN THE MALL. PLEASE read entire thread...

Can you report on center city high school is it still there at 129 south orange or did it close/move??? it looks very close to being 1000' away from Starbucks.

IYAOYAS

Their is a 6-12 grade school IN THE MALL. PLEASE read entire thread...

Can you report on center city high school is it still there at 129 south orange or did it close/move??? it looks very close to being 1000' away from Starbucks.

it is 1200' away

Firemark

Apologies I cant make it today, work recalled me for mandatory shift. I will be unavailable till after 8. Have fun, be safe, stay dry.

Tink

Have you seen this web site (http://www.escondido-open-carry.org/)?

IYAOYAS

The event was pretty uneventful. I was the only one that showed up. I talked to the security guards that work there they are said that we are welcome to come out anytime we want. They are the only two security guards that work in the plaza. No cops showed just a few questions from citizens.