• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Assault PJC and CHP

JC_Biggs

First you said it was due to a failed marriage, sounds like DV to me... Secondly even if it was not charged as DV, federal courts have interpreted even simple assault as a qualifying crime for the purposes of the Lautenberg amendment prohibitions because that simple assault was against someone that lived in the household.

it was a relationship issue.. but the charge doesnt specifically state DV..just assault on a female.. NC law covers all assaults and pjc anyways, so thats not in issue. but other states might allow purchase with a pjc at which point the federal question would come up

k-town river rat

Your friend can get a non resident permit from VA, if the charges have been long enough. I think it is 5 years. VA non resident is good in NC, but he will still have to get a purchase permit to buy hand guns.