• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

what would you do

TFED12

IXTOW----"Not head shots, because my .308 isn't that powerful."

I know you meant a .380 but why do you think a .380 is not powerful enough for a head shot? There was recently a boy killed with a BB gun here in NC. And, I believe a .22 as well. Both head shots. Another question.....What firearms training class did you take that teaches head shots? I believe "Center Mass" is what is taught. I have military and law enforcement training and we have never been taught to take head shots.

Regards

Last edited:

Carry24/7

IXTOW----"Not head shots, because my .308 isn't that powerful."

I know you meant a .380 but why do you think a .380 is not powerful enough for a head shot? There was recently a boy killed with a BB gun here in NC. And, I believe a .22 as well. Both head shots. Another question.....What firearms training class did you take that teaches head shots? I believe "Center Mass" is what is taught. I have military and law enforcement training and we have never been taught to take head shots.

Regards

I work in the the security field and we are taught body armor drills which is two to the chest and one to the head. And I've been taught center mass is the center of what is exposed. So if your head is the only thing exposed then the center of your head is center mass.

Last edited: