• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

what would you do

2005futch

hi guys, got a question for yall. if you were walking outside, day or night, say going into the parking lot to get into your car, or anything really, and all of a sudden a bunch of people come out of nowhere and start to surround you, and you dont know them or their intention,, would you pull out your gun or not,even if you didnt see if they had a weapon or not,, what would you do?

TrailRunner

The real question is why weren't you looking out into the parking lot for potential threats? How distracted do you have to be in order to get surprised and surrounded by a large group of strange people in the middle of a parking lot in broad daylight?

I'm just saying: Allowing this to happen doesn't make any sense. You carry a firearm to protect yourself, but your first line of defense is being aware of what's going on around you and reacting in such a way to remove yourself from danger.

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Welcome to the OCDO forums! Interesting first post...

The situation you describe would most definitely NOT warrant drawing your weapon. You would most likely be charged with assault with a deadly weapon (and maybe GATTOP too).

Now that's not to say that the situation might quickly escalate to a situation in which it would be necessary.

Drawing your weapon prematurely out if fear is a good way to escalate the situation (perhaps unnecessarily) and get in a heap of trouble.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

mekender

I spent well over 5 years delivering pizza in the tourist areas of Orlando. In that time I found myself in several situations where things started to get a bit hairy. In each and every one of those situations, I saw and felt warning signs long before any trouble developed.

It is the things that just dont feel right that signal to you that things are going bad... A street light out where it shouldnt be... A car parked in the wrong place or idling in the parking lot... A person or group of people pointing, gesturing or staring at you... All kinds of things that set off alarm bells in your head...

Your body and brain can sense danger... LISTEN TO IT!

Room C

Your "what if" situation could turn out to be the crowd thought you were a celebrity and wanted your autograph. Like others have said, being aware of your surroundings
is key to your defense. Trouble usually dosn't just show up without warning signs.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Depends if I was CC or OC.....

A CCer would be wise to make ready; if they make a move, CCer won't have time to dig before it's too late.

I doubt this would even happen to an OCer. Please cite an instance in which it has...

Lets presume CC, since it has never happened to an OCer and there won't be anything to discuss then...

I'd have my kel tec in my hand, but still in my pocket.finger along side the frame, not on the trigger, as it makes it hard to pull out of my pocket with my hand in a ball. If a false move is made, I draw. If that false move doesn't stop, two in the chest, and two in the chest of the next closest. I have 3 rounds left. If that didn't slow them down, I'm probably screwed. The crowd is smaller now, at least. If there are only 3 left, I can let them get close and take neck shots. Not head shots, because my .308 isn't that powerful.

But as mentioned above, if I were OCing, none of that would happen. It never has. OC > CC. Unless you WANT to kill them... And frankly, a crowd of dead thugs is a good thing... I'd rather prevent, that's my choice.

Also, if I'm OC, it's either my AMD-65 pistol or my 1911. In the unlikely, and thus far statistically impossible, event that I am surrounded by such a group, I have a LOT more ammo. And the AMD-65 doesn't just say 'not a victim,' it screams it from the rooftops. I'd have 61 rounds of 7.62x39 at my disposal, 30 at a time between reloads. Please note Avatar. Show me a 'normal' hand gun that can do that with the same power. I dare you. I, and my Family and Friends, are worth it. Mock me any way you like. Don't care.

I'd recommend that a CCer OC their spare mags. It at least it implies you aren't a lay down and take it kinda person. Also, it's hard to conceal a gun, much less the spare mags. Andm also, no sense digging for your reload like you have to dig for you gun....

Out of sight, out of mind.

Last edited:

Maverick9110e

A CCer would be wise to make ready; if they make a move, CCer won't have time to dig before it's too late.

I doubt this would even happen to an OCer. Please cite an instance in which it has...

Lets presume CC, since it has never happened to an OCer and there won't be anything to discuss then...

I'd have my kel tec in my hand, but still in my pocket.finger along side the frame, not on the trigger, as it makes it hard to pull out of my pocket with my hand in a ball. If a false move is made, I draw. If that false move doesn't stop, two in the chest, and two in the chest of the next closest. I have 3 rounds left. If that didn't slow them down, I'm probably screwed. The crowd is smaller now, at least. If there are only 3 left, I can let them get close and take neck shots. Not head shots, because my .308 isn't that powerful.

But as mentioned above, if I were OCing, none of that would happen. It never has. OC > CC. Unless you WANT to kill them... And frankly, a crowd of dead thugs is a good thing... I'd rather prevent, that's my choice.

Also, if I'm OC, it's either my AMD-65 pistol or my 1911. In the unlikely, and thus far statistically impossible, event that I am surrounded by such a group, I have a LOT more ammo. And the AMD-65 doesn't just say 'not a victim,' it screams it from the rooftops. I'd have 61 rounds of 7.62x39 at my disposal, 30 at a time between reloads. Please note Avatar. Show me a 'normal' hand gun that can do that with the same power. I dare you. I, and my Family and Friends, are worth it. Mock me any way you like. Don't care.

I'd recommend that a CCer OC their spare mags. It at least it implies you aren't a lay down and take it kinda person. Also, it's hard to conceal a gun, much less the spare mags. Andm also, no sense digging for your reload like you have to dig for you gun....

Just out of curiosity, how in the hell do you OC that thing? a Sling?

In response to the OP:

If i was OC'ing it would depend a lot on what is said, if a group is just standing around me and their intentions are unknown you should not and can not legaly (if you are concerned about GATTOP and Assualt in this situation) draw. You can however place your hand on your weapon and ask them to please step back. Give clear warnings if it turns hostile.

Example:

Group surrounds you (for some unforseen reason you have not noticed)
You ask, can i help you all, or what do you want. (possibly place hand on holstered firearm)
Assuming the group turns hostile and says something like, "yo man, wtf you doing in this area or some other escalating tone/verbage"
Give your answer and say if you do not back up or make any attempt to harm me you will be drawn on and that you will defend yourself if neccesary.

Take appropriate action from here on out depending on which option they choose to deal with.

Now thats not by any means what might exactly happen but its as close as i can think/type currently.

Last edited:

muccione

RUN!!!!! get something between you and them.... Have your gun in hand but dont point it till you see a deadly weapon... like a gun or bat or pipe or tire iron, knife, pencil, pen, bobby pin, safety pin, a straw, A penny...

I have a crimson trace in my XD-40sc... nothing transcends a language barrier or says "leave me the fah-q alone" like a laser....

Last edited:

rotorhead

hi guys, got a question for yall. if you were walking outside, day or night, say going into the parking lot to get into your car, or anything really, and all of a sudden a bunch of people come out of nowhere and start to surround you, and you dont know them or their intention,, would you pull out your gun or not,even if you didnt see if they had a weapon or not,, what would you do?

Personally, I would simply avoid answering questions from yet another new poster with numbers and letters in their user name that comes here and makes some weirdo first post describing unrealistic events. Who, by the way, still hasn't grasped even the basics of grammar no matter how many times he or she gets called out on it. That would be enough to save me from the terrible group of thugs in your fantasy.

I may be wrong in my initial assessment of you and your reasons for being here, but I don't think so. Go back to whatever super LEO web board you come from and tell them you only got a few bites this time :)

Last edited:

Dreamer

If there are only 3 left, I can let them get close and take neck shots. Not head shots, because my .308 isn't that powerful.

Dude, I SOOOOOO want a KelTec .308 pocket pistol.

Didn't know they made one. Bet it kicks like a mule though... :rolleyes:

2005futch

Personally, I would simply avoid answering questions from yet another new poster with numbers and letters in their user name that comes here and makes some weirdo first post describing unrealistic events. Who, by the way, still hasn't grasped even the basics of grammar no matter how many times he or she gets called out on it. That would be enough to save me from the terrible group of thugs in your fantasy.

I may be wrong in my initial assessment of you and your reasons for being here, but I don't think so. Go back to whatever super LEO web board you come from and tell them you only got a few bites this time :)

its just a question, that is what the boards are for, seems you want to be the only one with a smart answer, so why dont you go back to school and become a lawyer.

rotorhead

its just a question, that is what the boards are for, seems you want to be the only one with a smart answer, so why dont you go back to school and become a lawyer.

Because I'm too old and worthless lol.

Please accept my public apology. There has been a rash of posts that were very suspicious as of late. It seems that my jump to an unfair assessment was premature. The give away was that you responded, which was something the other posters who I mentioned failed to do. I felt a need to toss that out there and see where it went, that's all. Admittedly, it was a bait post to see what the reaction would be.

Again, please accept my apology and I would consider it a blessing to be forgiven. If not, I'll completely understand.

Aside from that, welcome to the forum.

In response to your question, I'm not exactly sure what I would do. Too many variables there to think about to give a reasoned answer. I guess it would depend on some of the indicators I look for, such as signs of aggression, verbal clues, body movements, etc.
The last thing I want to do is draw and fire based on a wrong conclusion on my part.

Tossing a bait post out there to see reactions on a web board is one thing, drawing and firing in self-defense is another :)

2005futch

Because I'm too old and worthless lol.

Please accept my public apology. There has been a rash of posts that were very suspicious as of late. It seems that my jump to an unfair assessment was premature. The give away was that you responded, which was something the other posters who I mentioned failed to do. I felt a need to toss that out there and see where it went, that's all. Admittedly, it was a bait post to see what the reaction would be.

Again, please accept my apology and I would consider it a blessing to be forgiven. If not, I'll completely understand.

Aside from that, welcome to the forum.

In response to your question, I'm not exactly sure what I would do. Too many variables there to think about to give a reasoned answer. I guess it would depend on some of the indicators I look for, such as signs of aggression, verbal clues, body movements, etc.
The last thing I want to do is draw and fire based on a wrong conclusion on my part.

Tossing a bait post out there to see reactions on a web board is one thing, drawing and firing in self-defense is another :)

hi rotor,, i have been on the site alot, but its my first time posting. i was not trying to be suspicious or nothing, i was just wanting to know what the right thing to do would be. please take in the fact i am a small frame guy,maybe 125 pounds, and i feel like i can be an easy target for someone looking to rob or cause trouble. i have no enemy's at all,,,,but this day in time u never know what strange people are going to do. no hard feelings at all, thanks for the nice follow up, hope to hear from u soon!!!

cricketdad

Fayetteville several years ago. Two people I knew always OCed. BG walked into their store shot one before he could draw, other one shot BG, BG shoots him. One dead,two wounded. Quite a few months later after he recovered from his wounds another BG comes into the store and kills him before he can draw.

It happens.

smlawrence

Dude, I SOOOOOO want a KelTec .308 pocket pistol.

Didn't know they made one. Bet it kicks like a mule though... :rolleyes:

I am so with you on this.... I'd be tickled sh*tless if I could find my .308 in that small of a package. Carrying it in my pocket to go deerhunt would be so handy...lol.

sultan62

I am so with you on this.... I'd be tickled sh*tless if I could find my .308 in that small of a package. Carrying it in my pocket to go deerhunt would be so handy...lol.

"This is a .308 pocket pistol. The most powerful handgun in the world. It'll blow a man's head clean off."

aosailor

"This is a .308 pocket pistol. The most powerful handgun in the world. It'll blow a man's head clean off."

along with the victim's head, the shooter's hand as well! lol

as for the OP, remember in every group, pack, crew there is a leader or alpha. you can tell by the way everybody else keeps looking at him. and In most cases they're the ones who do the talking. thats the one you want to take out first. you cut the head off the snake, the tail will surely die.

you pick off regular members, they keep coming at ya, you pop off the leader with your 1st shot, they scatter like cockroaches when the lights go on.... seen it happen several times

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

--Moderator Statement--

Perhaps you had better read the rules.

We teach people how to find the answers for themselves and yes try to help newbies, but few will help you when you take a flip attitude.

Be warned - responses like this are not acceptable.

Carry24/7

Just curious how you carry the AMD-65? Do they make a holster for that? I have a Kel Tec PLR 16 and don't think I would ever be able OC that. LOL Don't know that it would be a comfortable carry weapon. And I know you meant a 380 and not a 308. I was going to give you a hard time but looks like a few others already have.