• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Joplin area OC

Glocky

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum and the city of Joplin. I moved from Springfield to Joplin and had no issues at all OCing in Springfield. It seems in Joplin however that people are very weary of someone OCing. I have checked with the City and county and know that it's legal yet continually have people trying to tell me it isn't. I really hadn't thought much about these people and just went on about my way. Today I was in Brandon's gun shop on 20th OCing as usual just looking at his pistols. When to my amazement the guy working there(owner or employee not really sure) tells me that no matter what the LEO's have told me it is illegal to OC in Joplin and I will be arrested. Has anyone else had any issues with OCing in this area?? It seems like even the people in this area that should know about ,and support OC are either completely clueless or are against it for some reason. Just some thoughts and questions. Sorry if I rambled for to awful long lol

goalseter88

i just checked joplin statutes, and its legal to OC in joplin. its not as big of a town as Springfield, so they prob arent as use to OC. i even get some looks in springfield. And your always going to get the random guy that swears you be arrested and that its illegal no matter what you say. Or atleast i had a few that would swear up and down that it is. Yet when i asked if he read the code himself, he said no. But he wouldnt believe me, even when i did read the code.

Cracker06

That's kind of funny I go to Brandon's a few time out of the month never had an issue there.

Glocky

Joplin OC

Ya I was really amazed that out of everyone who would tell me I was going to be arrested it was someone working at or owning a Gun shop. Not exactly a great business decision to tell someone that their pistol is going to get them arrested with a store full of people looking at pistols and over hearing all of this.