• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newest email from Mike Bender (PPA)

IcrewUH60

I'm offering classes on how to exersise your right to Free Speech. The class is one hour long and I can handle groups of up to 10 people. I go over the basic rights of Freedom of Speech found in Article I Sec. 3 of the Wisconsin Constitution. I also talk in depth about the freedom of speech found in the US Constitution. You will learn everything from the dangers of libel to talking to your neighbors about Govenor Walker and expressing your own opinions.

At the end of the course, there is a live "hands-on" training activity where you will demonstrate the ability to craft your own letter to your state legislators expressing your personal views on Constitutional Carry. I will provide the pens, paper, envelopes and stamps. You just need to bring your opinion.

The class is $300 per student (discounts for WCI Members) So, Who's in?

My wife teaches Freedom of Religion classes if anyone is interested. Those are only $215.00 per student. :lol:

CalicoJack10

I'm offering classes on how to exercise your right to Free Speech. The class is one hour long and I can handle groups of up to 10 people. I go over the basic rights of Freedom of Speech found in Article I Sec. 3 of the Wisconsin Constitution. I also talk in depth about the freedom of speech found in the US Constitution. You will learn everything from the dangers of libel to talking to your neighbors about Governor Walker and expressing your own opinions.

At the end of the course, there is a live "hands-on" training activity where you will demonstrate the ability to craft your own letter to your state legislators expressing your personal views on Constitutional Carry. I will provide the pens, paper, envelopes and stamps. You just need to bring your opinion.

The class is $300 per student (discounts for WCI Members) So, Who's in?

My wife teaches Freedom of Religion classes if anyone is interested. Those are only $215.00 per student. :lol:

If you would like I am willing to join you two and create a course on remaining silent. I will create a 4 hour course that will cover what remaining silent is, and we will have 3 hours of practical exercises. But due to the in depth nature of this course I will be charging $400.00.

Like the saying goes "Those that can't do, teach."
raisedeyebrow.gif

Ironic, isn't that a variant of a quote from "Maxims for Revolutionists"? Would that really apply to bender? lmao

:dude:

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
If training becomes required, then all law enforcement firearm ranges should be required to be open to the public at no fee.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
This Bender guy & other trainers that preach Mandatory training like him are saying what our legislators want to hear & they will go along with with the training culture because to these elected reps it sound like an educated 7 responsible course of action. The Elected reps don't care & can't see allowing Wisconsin residents the ability to defend themselves with a concealed weapon , although as we all know we can currently do the same thing right now with open carry...Please tell me what the difference is between Open Carry & Concealed carry ??? correct their is no real difference & the only variation is you can't see it being carried.

Now, I did take a concealed carry class, it was very informative & instructed the students, on legalities, safety,ethics, etc. I would recommend everyone take a class lot's of very good information to learn BUT that should be up to the individual to make that decision.

A permit equals permission...Permission to protect ourselves ??? Makes no freeeking sense !!! until the Criminals that carry concealed get training, their should be NO mandated training for the law abiding.

Last edited:

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
The legislators will be always looking for cover in case something goes wrong. We have to continue to educate them on the experiences of other states. On the subject on Constitutional Carry like Arizonia has, the Giffords tragedy will be brought up. It has to be pointed out that it if it was not for the failure of law enforcement and the mental heath system it may have been prevented. Primarly the failure of the scumbag of a sheriff that tried to divert attention away from himself.

Last edited:

Fast Ed

My Quote

“I already have my Florida and Utah permits and have undergone the REQUIRED training for Utah and have proven proficiency for Florida with my NRA ‘Expert’ rating. The Utah training was nothing I couldn't have picked up by reading a manual or pamphlet. My Florida ‘proficiency’ is with a service rifle (AR-15) and has nothing to do with proficiency with a handgun. The ‘proficiency’ requirement for Utah was not much more than knowing which end of the gun the bullet came out of.”

That was me. I sent an email to Bender telling him how useless the training was and how I felt mandatory training was a poor idea and ideologically problematic for conservatives. He decided to quote me in this latest screed.

I sent him another email yesterday in reply to this latest attempt on his part to convince his mailing list that mandatory training is a good idea. I wonder if he will quote me again in his next diatribe.

Bender is either a liberal that believes government is the answer to all our problems or he is a whore, selling out his principles for money. Either way, no way I take a class from him, ever. He is a nice guy. I've talked to him a couple of times. He just cannot be a true conservative if he feels this way about mandatory training to excercise a God -given right.

Fast Ed

Last edited:

hardballer

As I have said many times before, If we do not make noise, a lot of noise, we will be saddled with what the noise makers give us. These clowns that spew this ccrap may make sense to the uninformed and that is the key. The uninformed. Uninformed politicians make stupid decisions.

We must make enough noise to get through the crap. We need to make it clear as to what we do want and why it is the only sensible thing to do. What is sensible to us may not be to them. So it is imperative that we be crystal clear in any communication with our legislature. It will cost BIG money to implement any kind of permit system. It will cost big dollars the state does not have and will not have in the foreseeable future.

As soon as they say something stupid, like; the license fee will cover it, they need to here the truth. First and foremost, a license fee may infringe on my right to carry. Yes we all have the right to carry. That is what the right to BEAR arms means. So any fees or mandatory training will infringe on a persons right to carry. Further, a permit system is not a right it is a control. It is a registration system. Permit or fees to exercise your right to carry are unconstitutional. Finally, no state permit system in this country is self supporting.

Shall Not Infringe!

Just printing costs (brochures, permits, informational manuals, etc.) alone can sink this boat. Not to mention any training of state employees. Equipment costs. Office costs. Down to the last pencil, etc. When you are trying to hold costs down, implementing a costly and burdensome permit system is just plain stupid when throughout the country, states are going with Constitutional Carry. To do other than Constitutional Carry will make the legislature look like idiots, morons, etc.

This needs to be explained to them. I have sent several letters to them. Often I send to all of them. Whether they are in my district or not.

I recommend being blunt. Direct. Exactly on point and in language that cannot be mistaken.

Hardballer out!

protias

After seeing an email response from a member here, Bender basically said to him, "Thanks for the money and eff you." I'm still waiting for my response.

Had room in mine so i dedicate the space in mine to you.
Fantastic! :banana:

As I have said many times before, If we do not make noise, a lot of noise, we will be saddled with what the noise makers give us. These clowns that spew this ccrap may make sense to the uninformed and that is the key. The uninformed. Uninformed politicians make stupid decisions.

We must make enough noise to get through the crap. We need to make it clear as to what we do want and why it is the only sensible thing to do. What is sensible to us may not be to them. So it is imperative that we be crystal clear in any communication with our legislature. It will cost BIG money to implement any kind of permit system. It will cost big dollars the state does not have and will not have in the foreseeable future.

As soon as they say something stupid, like; the license fee will cover it, they need to here the truth. First and foremost, a license fee may infringe on my right to carry. Yes we all have the right to carry. That is what the right to BEAR arms means. So any fees or mandatory training will infringe on a persons right to carry. Further, a permit system is not a right it is a control. It is a registration system. Permit or fees to exercise your right to carry are unconstitutional. Finally, no state permit system in this country is self supporting.

Shall Not Infringe!

Just printing costs (brochures, permits, informational manuals, etc.) alone can sink this boat. Not to mention any training of state employees. Equipment costs. Office costs. Down to the last pencil, etc. When you are trying to hold costs down, implementing a costly and burdensome permit system is just plain stupid when throughout the country, states are going with Constitutional Carry. To do other than Constitutional Carry will make the legislature look like idiots, morons, etc.

This needs to be explained to them. I have sent several letters to them. Often I send to all of them. Whether they are in my district or not.

I recommend being blunt. Direct. Exactly on point and in language that cannot be mistaken.

Hardballer out!

After I contacted Cathy Walker (Waukesha GOP) and copied my two reps, I was called back by one of Farrow's assistants. He said they have received all my emails and are well aware of the benefits to Constitutional Carry. He assured me that when a bill is being introduced, he'll let me know. The one thing he's concerned with is he's not sure if everyone will be on board for a true Constitutional Carry bill (rescinded laws). We really do need to contact all our reps and the reps through the state.

IcrewUH60

Most of the people I have met in this state already think you need a license to own a handgun... They are dismayed when I educate them about their rights to self protection.

I took Bender's free introduction lecture at Gander Mtn. in Madison a while back. Knowing that GM is OC freindly (and encouraged by employees) I thought about OC'ing for the class but then fianlly decided against it.

At the end of the class I asked Mr. Bender about Art. 1 Sec. 25 and informed the entire class that we already had the right to open carry... a point he never brought up... ever. It was around this time where he informed the class that OC (in not so many words) is just plain dumb and should not be done by the "average" citizen.

He also stated that he had a student show up for one of his free seminars while armed and he asked the student to go put the gun back in their car :banghead: It was at this point I said to myslef "OK, nice enough guy who seems to know what he's talking about, but he will never earn my business (or my friend's business)".

It was then I decided to go on an "educational" crusade telling everyone everywhere (when the opportunity arrises) about OC in Wis, for example:

Last week, I met an "Gas Company Name Here" employee the other day at a freinds house. After he was done, I engaged him in a conversation about target practice, the DNR and such. By the end of the conversation, he had the WCI website and this forum written down on a note pad :cool: and had expressed a strong desire to join WCI and attend the annual meeting.

That's how we're going to protect our rights, by educating as many people as quickly as possible.

CalicoJack10

Protias, I also read that e-mail to the member here, and I would be interested to see what Bender has to say in response to you. As he is one of the instructors that has a line to his legislatures (As I do), I am interested in informing those that he talks to about the true character of the man that they are dealing with.

Having met and trained with you, I certainly don't count you among the tinfoil hat, black helicopter, distrust-everything-government crowd, but from what witnessed, overheard, and read from a bunch of folks touting permit-less carry, I keep hoping it takes root elsewhere.

This is the kind of thing he responds with when it comes to Constitutional Carry, and that is without even getting into the insults that he hurls at those that don't take his classes.

Bender has no tact, and no care for anything but himself. I have seen that for years. Unfortunately, much like the politicians that are against our rights, he feels that he is the only one qualified to speak on behalf of what is right with no consideration for anyone but himself.

He fails to realize that there are millions out there (SEALs, Marine Recon, Army Rangers, Air force Para Rescue just to name a few) that know far more than he does, and are far better at what he does than he is. He has even made reference to the fact that he has even taught our military. But again, this is a man with no real self defense experience, and has never had to do anything more than tell others what to do.

springfield 1911

Founder's Club Member
Greetings from Personal Protection Academy.

Should have read, Bender over grabber yer ankles!

I'll bet this XXXXXXXXxXXxXXXXXxxXXXXx!!!!!! is pushing for it to be a felony charge to carry concealed without a permit Along with needing a conceal carry permit to open carry.
But I'll stand by that the Republicans will lose the majority thru recall elections and no bill will come forth, And if one should it, won't be worth one having.
Better to get Judge Prosser re-elected and get a case in front of the W.S.S.C. Since the legistature can't be trusted to fix anything. JMHO.

hardballer

After seeing an email response from a member here, Bender basically said to him, "Thanks for the money and eff you." I'm still waiting for my response.

Fantastic! :banana:

After I contacted Cathy Walker (Waukesha GOP) and copied my two reps, I was called back by one of Farrow's assistants. He said they have received all my emails and are well aware of the benefits to Constitutional Carry. He assured me that when a bill is being introduced, he'll let me know. The one thing he's concerned with is he's not sure if everyone will be on board for a true Constitutional Carry bill (rescinded laws). We really do need to contact all our reps and the reps through the state.
Great Job!

Most of the people I have met in this state already think you need a license to own a handgun... They are dismayed when I educate them about their rights to self protection.

I took Bender's free introduction lecture at Gander Mtn. in Madison a while back. Knowing that GM is OC freindly (and encouraged by employees) I thought about OC'ing for the class but then fianlly decided against it.

At the end of the class I asked Mr. Bender about Art. 1 Sec. 25 and informed the entire class that we already had the right to open carry... a point he never brought up... ever. It was around this time where he informed the class that OC (in not so many words) is just plain dumb and should not be done by the "average" citizen.

He also stated that he had a student show up for one of his free seminars while armed and he asked the student to go put the gun back in their car :banghead: It was at this point I said to myslef "OK, nice enough guy who seems to know what he's talking about, but he will never earn my business (or my friend's business)".

It was then I decided to go on an "educational" crusade telling everyone everywhere (when the opportunity arrises) about OC in Wis, for example:

Last week, I met an "Gas Company Name Here" employee the other day at a freinds house. After he was done, I engaged him in a conversation about target practice, the DNR and such. By the end of the conversation, he had the WCI website and this forum written down on a note pad :cool: and had expressed a strong desire to join WCI and attend the annual meeting.

That's how we're going to protect our rights, by educating as many people as quickly as possible.
This is why we need to tell our story to everyone who will listen. This guy is concerned about nothing but his own bank account.

seems this Bender guy is a real enemy of personal freedom & the Constitution.
He is the enemy among others.