• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Starbucks To Buy Peet's Coffee? Expected to be safer soon.

bad_ace

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
http://consumerist.com/2011/03/starbucks-to-buy-peets-coffee.html

I may be buying stock in Peet's Coffee (PEET) as I expect the trend that Starbucks saw in it's stock price this last year to be repeated. Some attribute the rise to the free press they were dragged into by the media and brady bunch.

Expect Peet's to be a tad safer if they adopt the same policy from SB corporate.

FWIW, I've carried at Peet's even though they have that policy, they can just ask me to leave ;) :monkey

bad_ace

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Beating them to the punch...

For the Public Relations team at the Brady Campaign, here you go, I've done your job for you. Go forth and spread fear and uncertainty, impressionable soccer Moms await.

peets-woman-gun.jpg

ZeroG

Very interesting.. Before Schultz was the King of Starbucks he worked for Peet's coffee, and they ran the store in Pike's Market.