Thread: HB2756 is in Committee

HB2756 is in Committee

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/Committ...&CmteCode=C420
    Lets get this rolling folks. Call and email all of these committee members.
    I have called and visited with every members staff. The only negative opinion I have noted was from ALLEN FLETCHER.
    Allen Fletcher's staff quoted him by saying he does not support open carry. As a retired Houston LE officer, he claims Texans should not open carry.
    This opinion has nothing to do with a view to prevent crime.
    Use the LSCDL messages that will be provided for this campaign and contact every member of the Homeland Security Committee.
    Concealed Carry and Open Carry should be an individuals choice.

As a current United States Marine, I think all people should carry whether in Texas or not. Just my 'professional opinion'. I hate when people use their job status as an LEO or military as a qualifier for their opinion. Just because you were a cop, doesn't mean you have the right to dictate what I do. Just the opposite, in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by emk View Post
    As a current United States Marine, I think all people should carry whether in Texas or not. Just my 'professional opinion'. I hate when people use their job status as an LEO or military as a qualifier for their opinion. Just because you were a cop, doesn't mean you have the right to dictate what I do. Just the opposite, in fact.
    I hear ya.
    I like the idea of people being able to make their own decissions. If a person want to arm themselves or not. Open or concealed, it should be their choice.
    No arms twisted for either.

Lone Star Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MR Redenck View Post
    http://www.legis.state.tx.us/Committ...&CmteCode=C420
    Lets get this rolling folks. Call and email all of these committee members.
    I have called and visited with every members staff. The only negative opinion I have noted was from ALLEN FLETCHER.
    Allen Fletcher's staff quoted him by saying he does not support open carry. As a retired Houston LE officer, he claims Texans should not open carry.
    This opinion has nothing to do with a view to prevent crime.
    Use the LSCDL messages that will be provided for this campaign and contact every member of the Homeland Security Committee.
    Concealed Carry and Open Carry should be an individuals choice.
    Is there a statement/ form letter already prepared?

Quote Originally Posted by nking View Post
    Is there a statement/ form letter already prepared?
    Follow the bill tracking link in my sig. There's one in a stickied topic called HB2756 is in Committee.

Quote Originally Posted by emk View Post
    +1
    +karma
    +rep
    (if we had those things here)

Thank you.

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    I wrote my own email, short and to the point. I wrote just too Rep Fletcher at first, but eventually to all of them.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...