• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HB2756 is in Committee

MR Redenck

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/Committees/MembershipCmte.aspx?LegSess=82R&CmteCode=C420
Lets get this rolling folks. Call and email all of these committee members.
I have called and visited with every members staff. The only negative opinion I have noted was from ALLEN FLETCHER.
Allen Fletcher's staff quoted him by saying he does not support open carry. As a retired Houston LE officer, he claims Texans should not open carry.
This opinion has nothing to do with a view to prevent crime.
Use the LSCDL messages that will be provided for this campaign and contact every member of the Homeland Security Committee.
Concealed Carry and Open Carry should be an individuals choice.

emk

As a current United States Marine, I think all people should carry whether in Texas or not. Just my 'professional opinion'. I hate when people use their job status as an LEO or military as a qualifier for their opinion. Just because you were a cop, doesn't mean you have the right to dictate what I do. Just the opposite, in fact.

MR Redenck

As a current United States Marine, I think all people should carry whether in Texas or not. Just my 'professional opinion'. I hate when people use their job status as an LEO or military as a qualifier for their opinion. Just because you were a cop, doesn't mean you have the right to dictate what I do. Just the opposite, in fact.

I hear ya.
I like the idea of people being able to make their own decissions. If a person want to arm themselves or not. Open or concealed, it should be their choice.
No arms twisted for either.

nking

Lone Star Veteran
http://www.legis.state.tx.us/Committees/MembershipCmte.aspx?LegSess=82R&CmteCode=C420
Lets get this rolling folks. Call and email all of these committee members.
I have called and visited with every members staff. The only negative opinion I have noted was from ALLEN FLETCHER.
Allen Fletcher's staff quoted him by saying he does not support open carry. As a retired Houston LE officer, he claims Texans should not open carry.
This opinion has nothing to do with a view to prevent crime.
Use the LSCDL messages that will be provided for this campaign and contact every member of the Homeland Security Committee.
Concealed Carry and Open Carry should be an individuals choice.

Is there a statement/ form letter already prepared?

KBCraig

+1
+karma
+rep
(if we had those things here)

Thank you.