Thread: Just applied for my permit!

Just applied for my permit!

hey just drove up to Tally to apply for my CWP....had some trouble finger printing, they said i might have to come back (will send a letter in the mail if i do have to), but other than that it went smooth....how long on average does it take to receive my CWP?

also had a side question,

for concealed carrying my car, am i allowed to keep my firearm on me? or does it have to be in my glovebox, latched holster etc...?

You should probably expect it anywhere from 3 - 8 weeks, a buddy of mine got his back around 3-4 weeks just recently. My father's took longer due to a background discrepancy. The law in Florida states that they can only hold your money for 90 days, so your guaranteed before then.

Here are the laws regarding vehicle carry.

790.25 (3) LAWFUL USES.—The provisions of ss. 790.053 and 790.06 do not apply in the following instances, and, despite such sections, it is lawful for the following persons to own, possess, and lawfully use firearms and other weapons, ammunition, and supplies for lawful purposes:

(l) A person traveling by private conveyance when the weapon is securely encased or in a public conveyance when the weapon is securely encased and not in the person’s manual possession;

790.001 (17) “Securely encased” means in a glove compartment, whether or not locked; snapped in a holster; in a gun case, whether or not locked; in a zippered gun case; or in a closed box or container which requires a lid or cover to be opened for access.

To sum it up, put it in the glovebox. This ONLY applies to you without your permit, once you have it you can conceal it anywhere you wish inside the vehicle.
    Last edited by skk123; 03-16-2011 at 08:24 PM.

cool, also, do u think we will have to get new permits or anything if/when the OC bill completely passes?

No new permits. Mine took 2 weeks, but that was almost 5 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by hvtopiwala View Post
    hey just drove up to Tally to apply for my CWP....had some trouble finger printing, they said i might have to come back (will send a letter in the mail if i do have to), but other than that it went smooth....how long on average does it take to receive my CWP?

also had a side question,

for concealed carrying my car, am i allowed to keep my firearm on me? or does it have to be in my glovebox, latched holster etc...?
    Why did you drive all the way to Tallahassee? They have offices all over the State. One, in Orlando.

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/staff/regions.html

I'll be hitting the one in Jax if this bill makes it to the Floor in the Senate.

yea, they have offices in Orlando, its downtown right off I-4...

Thats where I went to get my permit, took 7 days after I went there...

Ohhh well to late now..

reapplying fo c.c.l

When my c.c.l expiers does anyone know if i have to reaply or just send my money in? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by koja1962 View Post
    When my c.c.l expiers does anyone know if i have to reaply or just send my money in? thanks.
    They will mail you a renewal notice. $70 I think

had to drive to tally cuz the orlando and other offices had no appointments for months!!!!

visited the office in Tampa did everything there.

7 days to approve, 8 days to arrive in the mail and this was back at christmas.

if you mail the packet in expect 3-6 weeks, walk in about 2 weeks.

As long as there are no train tracks out back, I think I'll be alright....

:-p