• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

whats the craziest law you can find?

JC_Biggs

NCGS § 14‑79.1. Larceny of pine needles or pine straw.

If any person shall take and carry away, or shall aid in taking or carrying away, any pine needles or pine straw being produced on the land of another person upon which land notices, signs, or posters prohibiting the raking or removal of pine needles or pine straw have been placed in accordance with the provisions of G.S. 14‑159.7, or upon which posted notices have been placed in accordance with the provisions of G.S. 14‑159.7, with the intent to steal the pine needles or pine straw, that person shall be guilty of a Class H felony. (1997‑443, s. 19.25(aa).)

a felony? really? lol

PT111

If any person shall take and carry away, or shall aid in taking or carrying away, any pine needles or pine straw being produced on the land of another person upon which land notices, signs, or posters prohibiting the raking or removal of pine needles or pine straw have been placed in accordance with the provisions of G.S. 14‑159.7, or upon which posted notices have been placed in accordance with the provisions of G.S. 14‑159.7, with the intent to steal the pine needles or pine straw, that person shall be guilty of a Class H felony. (1997‑443, s. 19.25(aa).)

a felony? really? lol

Yes that is quite a big business in this part of the country and several people have been caught and convicted on it. It is the same as stealing any other crop from someone. How would you feel if someone went into your fields an stole your apples or your cattle. The same is here, a different type crop but farmed just the same.

KansasMustang

Kansas Dumb laws

In Lawrence Kansas:
No one may wear a bee in their hat.
In Topeka Kansas:
No one may sing the alphabet on the streets at night.
No one may scream at a haunted house.
In Wichita Kansas:
Before proceeding through the intersection of Douglas and Broadway, a motorist is required to get out of their vehicle and fire three shot gun rounds into the air.

Superlite27

Here's the disorderly conduct laws for Ballwin Missouri. I find them entertaining.

Sec. 17-31.1. Disorderly conduct.
(a) A person shall not commit or engage in an act of disorderly conduct.
(b) For the purpose of this section an act of disorderly conduct shall mean:
(1) Acting in a violent or tumultuous manner toward another person whereby he or she is placed in fear of safety of their life, limb or health; or
(2) Acting in a violent or tumultuous manner toward another person whereby their property is placed in danger of being destroyed; or
(3) Endangering the lawful pursuits of another by acts of violence, angry threats or abusive conduct; or
(4) Causing, provoking or engaging in any fight, brawl or riotous conduct so as to endanger the life, limb, health or property of another; or
(5) Assembling or congregating with another or others for the purpose of causing, provoking or engaging in any fight or brawl; or
(6) Jostling or roughly crowding or pushing any person in any public place; or
(7) Collecting in bodies or in crowds for unlawful purposes as defined by current or future ordinances of the city; or
(8) Assembling or congregating with another or others for the purpose or with the intent to engage in gaming; or
(9) Frequenting any public place with the intent to obtain money from other persons by illegal or fraudulent schemes, tricks, artifices or devises; or
(10) Assembling for the purpose of engaging in any fraudulent scheme or device or trade to obtain any valuable thing from any place or any person; or
(11) Accosting or attempting to pick up or attempting to force the company of a person upon any female; or
(12) Uttering in the presence of another any bawdy, lewd or obscene words or epithets; or
(13) Frequenting any place where gaming or Illegal sale or possession of alcoholic beverages or narcotics or dangerous drugs is practiced, allowed, or tolerated; or
(14) Acting in a dangerous manner toward others; or
(15) Using "fighting words" toward any person; or
(16) Assembling or congregating for the purpose of trouncing upon another; or
(17) Interfering by acts of violence with another's pursuit of a lawful occupation; or
(18) Interfering with the free and unobstructed use of a public way or place of public nature by another person or other persons; or
(19) Using in the presence of another:
a. Common words denoting or relating to the questionable parentage of another; or
b. Any derogatory words relating to the privates of a male, female or hermaphrodite; or
c. Any derogatory words relating to the productive method of males or females whether or not used in connection with profane language; or
d. Any derogatory words relating to the methods of sexual intercourse with relatives or strangers.

#7) Yeah! Absolutely no breaking laws we might pass in the future! Even though we haven't passed them yet, you can't break them now, because we might pass them in the future. Breaking of FUTURE LAWS will not be tolerated!

#11) No picking up women. You can hit on any guy you want, but the women....off limits. Not only is picking up women off limits...ATTEMPTING to pick up women is off limits. So let's hear some cheesy pick up line in a bar....OFF TO JAIL! (Unless you're trying to pick up a guy. Then, it's O.K.)

#12) The only way to properly use "bawdy" language is when you're alone.

#15) So, no "Your mother wears combat boots"? "Fighting words"? Really?

#16) You can kick someone's ass. You just can't "trounce upon" them.

#19) This whole thing....just....wow! Hermaphrodite? Really? What if you called someone a hermaphrodite? Although you're not specifically referring to the private parts of a hermaphrodite in a derogatory manner...

..wouldn't those be "fighting words"?

..and woe to the person derogatorily referring to the reproductive methods of sexual intercourse between relatives!

You might be a M&$%#R F*#^#R, but you do have nice technique.

There. I'm legal.

Unless you think those are "fighting words".

Of course, since that would probably be considered "bawdy" language, I'm going to jail anyway. I might as well use language relating to the questionable parentage of the arresting officer when she gets here.

Unless she's hot, then I might ask her out on a date.

...Oh, wait.

Last edited:

END_THE_FED

a felony? really? lol

So you have a problem with laws against theft?

Outdoorsman1

In Wisconsin we have constitutionally protected legal Open Carry.

But we also have... seperate statutes the regulate vehicle transpot of a weapon that mandates the weapon be unloaded and in a firearm specific case (not a holster) while being transpoted in a "variety of different vehicles..

So in effect, we can leagally open carry a loaded handgun but to get from point A to point B in a vehicle we must unload (outside of the vehicle) and case the weapon.

Outdoorsman1

JC_Biggs

In Wisconsin we have constitutionally protected legal Open Carry.

But we also have... seperate statutes the regulate vehicle transpot of a weapon that mandates the weapon be unloaded and in a firearm specific case (not a holster) while being transpoted in a "variety of different vehicles..

So in effect, we can leagally open carry a loaded handgun but to get from point A to point B in a vehicle we must unload (outside of the vehicle) and case the weapon.

Outdoorsman1

i assume that becomes annoying... if you have a CHP though you can just cover it correct?

PT111

hi,
i want to know how many years prison does one faces if he is caught doing this..

thanks..

I don't know exactly but quite a few. I know of at least three people prosecuted for gathering pine straw in a state forest last year. I don't remember how long their sentence was but I know it was well over one year. Ther are quite a few people around here that make their full time living by growing, raking, baling and selling pine straw. If they can steal it off of someone else's property that really helps their profit margin. It is no different than stealing any other crop such as the trees on the property rather than just the straw.

mark-in-texas

That may have something to do with the self defense laws for that city/state?

I know that in Texas, fighting words is a valid defense for assault.

I always liked what Louisiana did a few years ago...They added flag burning to the list of 'fighting words.' Other statutes list the fine for assaulting someone because of their use of such 'words' as $25 as long as no permanent physical injury resulted. When one of those protest groups showed up at the State Capital with the intent of burning a flag, a large group of folks lined up with $25 ready to pay! The flag was repected; the protesters showed their true colors.