• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

two holster questions

bigtim6656

One any thoughts on if comfortably would be a issue for a big guy carrying a glock 17 in a small of the back or inside the waist band on the side holsteR?

Also what holster would you recommend for a belt where the gun rides alittle higher then normal I have two uncle mikes 5s that sit alittle low and you can see the bottom of the holster under my shirt. Plus the barrel of both my 21 and 17 are 1 inch higher from the bottom. I figure one that rides higher on the belt will do the trick.

Also does a glock 21 and 17 normally fit in the same holster right. Seem my 21 is alittle snug but the 17 fits just right

bigtim6656

dam I bet your pants hang down. I am going to look for a higher ride holster, might check with the shop in indy before I head back to florida, he said he would have some new shouler rigs that would fit me, I can see the 21 on the shoulder and the 17 IWB :banana:
Starting from the bottom up, the 21 is a larger gun to accommodate the larger round.

Can't offer any advice on the high rider.

So long as you have the right holster(and cloths) for YOU(not necessarily what works for some one else) there is not issue. I carry two Glock 21s with an extra magazine each IWB.

bigtim6656

I have a 2 inch dress leather I have been using, it sucks. I am going to get me a good one soon, my issue is with my size their hard to find
As long as you have a good quality belt, your pants really shouldn't sag.

I picked up my current 3" one from Galco.

bigtim6656

I wore shoulder rig in ky when I was about 19, compared to the belt holster I would KILL to have it back. I hate my pants sagging down :D

hardballer

I make holsters for the Glocks, they can be seen here. http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/p/leatherkydex-holsters-and-mag-holders.html

My personal carry gun is an all steel 1911. About 4lbs. I use a Concealment holster when I can and my Wisconsin holster is a belt holster. The belt holster features active retention and the concealment holster is probably the most comfortable holster I have ever worn. 4lb. gun, don't even know it's there for the most part. Just don't forget it's there.

20% discount on second holster. Check 'em out! Thanks!