• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bianchi 5 or 75?

Which holster?

• Total voters

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/Prod.php?TxtModelID=5

http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/Prod.php?TxtModelID=75

As we all buy holsters like our wives buy shoes, I think I'm going to make another purchase.

I'm torn between the two above. I'm choosing an open bottom because I carry a Glock 22 and 23...depends on how I feel that day ;)

At one point I was considering getting an open top holster, but in the back of my head I just can't justify not having security. If for some reason I have to run or hit the deck, I don't know, anything, I don't want a gun falling off me. If for some reason I get into a scruffle with someone, I don't want it falling out or just slipping out with zero effot.

Open top holsters I liked
http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/Prod.php?TxtModelID=105
http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/Prod.php?TxtModelID=57

What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 5_l.jpg
    5_l.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 75_l.jpg
    75_l.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

Dreamer

Neither.

If I were to buy a Bianchi leather holster for my main carry gun, I'd get a Model 59. Paddle-mount, thumb-snap retention strap, and full-length holster. I have one for my Walther P22, and it is a fine holster, and looks really nice too.

http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/Prod.php?TxtModelID=59

I'm not a fan of holsters that are shorter than my slide. I don't like the idea of the front end of my gun being exposed like that. I sometimes bump into things, and having the crown of my barrel and front sight exposed like that would pretty much ensure that they would get banged up, scratched, dinged, or otherwise messed up...

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Based on your choices, I would pick the Venom. It looks great. I also agree with Dreamer. You should look for holster that covers the entire slide, it will help keep your gun from getting banged up.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Ah! Such late responses! I actually went out in left field and bought the Gould & Goodrich B809 Belt Slide Concealment Holster With Thumb Break.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/gould-goodrich-b809-belt-slide-holster-with-thumb-break.html

Comes in tomorrow. The only reason I was going to exposed slide was because I have a few Glocks of different slide length and I hate changing out holster when I carry something different.

Unless I'm around my house or yard I avoid paddle holsters. I do have a bianchi accumold. Just not secure enough to carry (for me, you may feel completely different and I respect that, to each his own)

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
I recieved my Gould & Goodrich B809 Belt Slide Concealment Holster With Thumb Break Wednesday and I don't think I really like it. If anyone wants it I'd probably let it go for 45 bucks being it's brand new. Send me a PM. (For glocks)

(10) WE DO NOT ALLOW "FOR SALE" OR RAFFLE ADS: We use Google Ads to help cover the expenses of the forum and their rules specifically disallow the sale of firearms, ammo and accessories (including the raffle of such). The good news is that one of our newest sponsors, OutdoorsTrader.com offers just such a service.

For the record I know there are no FOR SALE ADS, this thread was not made with the intention of being an AD. :) Hope this indivdual post is not construed to be an AD taking away from the open carry sponsors!

Dreamer

The only reason I was going to exposed slide was because I have a few Glocks of different slide length and I hate changing out holster when I carry something different.

Here's the big secret to Holsters for guns of different slide-lengths...

The slide length doesn't matter with regards to fit of a holster. The gun "indexes in a holster based on the position and shape of the trigger guard, NOT the slide. So if you have 2 or 3 guns of similar design (Glocks, or different length 1911s) they will all fit in a holster made for the longer gun.

The only thing that buying specific holsters for short-slide guns does is:
1) take ore money out of your pocket,
2) give you an aesthetically perfect "match" to each gun,
3) give you a slightly more concealable package for the smaller guns if you're CCing...

One added advantage of having a holster that is a little too long for a particular model is that it offers more protection for the front sight and the crown of your barrel, because most holsters these days are "open" on the end. Having the gun not right at the end of the holster is, IMO, a good thing, especially for OC, where it is more likely to come in contact with objects in the outside world...

But that's just my opinion...

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Hmm, touch'e

I already was carrying in a Safariland 757 made for a glock 22... But something about having that extra .5 inch hanging there with no gun in it just kind of erked me (when I carried the glock23), though it made no real difference. Maybe some small form of OCD? :p

After carrying in a safariland holster I don't think I really like the feel of the Gould & Goodrich. Not that it's a bad holster. I just love the safariland.