Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: When and where will you OC if SB 234 becomes law?

When and where will you OC if SB 234 becomes law?

Never? It's just about freedom and not living in a police state where only the police carry.
    Sometimes? For outdoor activities, non-crowded places, or places where it will be well received.
    Always? You are a true evangelist.

Also, what popular southeastern businesses do you think will ask OCers to leave? Publix? Sweet Bay, et?

i will carry the same way i do now, IWB with 2nd button up on my shirt buttoned, and not worry as much about the gun being exposed by accident.

Everywhere I can; same places I CC now.

Though, I'm sure to be mocked for my choice of firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    Glock?
    Last edited by Kingfish; 03-17-2011 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    Everywhere I can; same places I CC now.

Do you have one of those "Pink Lady" guns?

I'll won't OC on any regular basis. For me, OC will be limited purely to non-sensitive locations like outdoor activities, road trips, etc..

It's an important right, and I would be happy about it being restored. I always enjoy our government treating us like adults

To be honest I've never really thought about it. I've always been angry that it's illegal, but until this year assumed that it would never be legalized. I've OCed twice, in VA and NC just to do it. Standing in line at a Chick-Fil-A in NC OCing and two NC state troopers walk in behind me for lunch. I ignored them and they didn't say anything to me. That is the extent of my OC adventures in the USSA.

As a visitor, I will OC on a limited basis until I see that LEO have been educated. If I were a resident, it would be game on...Voice recorder, copy of laws, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfish View Post
    As a visitor, I will OC on a limited basis until I see that LEO have been educated. If I were a resident, it would be game on...Voice recorder, copy of laws, etc.
    Do you OC in Georgia often? I have no fear of OCing where I am in the state. If I go to Orlando, Jacksonville, Miami, etc, I'm worried I may get shot by the "Only Ones"

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    Do you OC in Georgia often? I have no fear of OCing where I am in the state. If I go to Orlando, Jacksonville, Miami, etc, I'm worried I may get shot by the "Only Ones"
    I OC 97%-99% percent of the time. There are only 2 places I don't OC.

I could live with an ignorant LEO taking me for a ride here as I would be close to home. But on vacation, my wife would freak out. I do OC in CO, KY, TN and a few other places I know it to be better than average that LEO are informed.

Generally I'll "CC with impunity," and go about my life like I normally do when unarmed:
    -in shorts and a t-shirt-
    with the shirt over my gun, with no regard or worry given to printing or accidental exposure. If someone wants to see it, they'll know it's there, but the sheep and self-consumed won't notice.
    I will OC sometimes, i.e. anytime I'm hiking or kayaking, at home, and driving. And in public when I'm wearing slacks and a dress shirt, in rural, pro-gun areas.
    I hope I'll do it more as time goes on, but for now it's mostly 'fearless CC' + parking-lot glove box storage.

Red face

I will open carry everywhere, maybe I'll try to pretend that there isn't a license in my wallet, just to see what freedom feels like...

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    I will open carry everywhere, maybe I'll try to pretend that there isn't a license in my wallet, just to see what freedom feels like...
    I carried sterile in CO some last time we were there and it was quite liberating.

Cool

I carried sterile in CO some last time we were there and it was quite liberating.
    feelsgoodman.jpg
    Last edited by Schlitz; 06-01-2011 at 09:49 AM.

Anywhere I can legally do it. I plan on using either my Sherpa holster or a shoulder holster for my G17.

If sb 234 passes, hopefully it won't be another 23 years between OC and constitutional carry. BTW, somehow I got on the Georgia gun owners mail list and they're angry about GA lawmakers trying to give themselves constitutional carry. Big mistake. Let em do it. Then in future sessions make as much noise as possible about how they think they're better than you. It will give a huge boost for any efforts to make ga a permitless state.

I'm heading to Buffallo Wild Wings and Toys-r-us to get kicked out day one!
    OCing a big old Glock21, two spare mags and a knife.

Quote Originally Posted by Mas49.56 View Post
    I'm heading to Buffallo Wild Wings and Toys-r-us to get kicked out day one!
    OCing a big old Glock21, two spare mags and a knife.
    for real?

Glock?
    Actually, my Mom adopted my Glock 31, she loves it.

My Avatar should be a dead giveaway.... ;-) I machined, built, and proof-tested .50BMG bolt rifles for 5 years. I find anything less than 7.62x39 to be just plain girlie.

As I've said elsewhere, all .223 ammo should be pink.

I do have a 1911, a Kel Tec, a Llama... But The only reason I own the Llama and the Kel Tec is because I cannot conceal anything of useful size. If I don't have to Conceal anymore, screw that noise! Imma carry the best thing I got.
    Last edited by ixtow; 03-17-2011 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maps761 View Post
    Do you have one of those "Pink Lady" guns?
    You mean a Glock?

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    for real?
    Hahaha no just a joke. Maybe Starbucks and Walmart would be better to bust my OC you know what. Yes on the G21 though, I've been itching to carry that big old thing, the G23 is my usual CC pistola. It's going to be real nice hiking in the parks without sweating all over my gun. Definitely carrying printouts of the new law til the Law Dogs, park rangers etc... get up to speed. I will educate anyone that asks. Hey! We will need info cards like the other states.

One thing that just hit me is that I will be able to carry openly at my family and friends houses now. (if it passes)

I make sure that I receive mail (and have permission to do so) at the addresses of all of the Friends and Family I want to OC/visit.

Cops are quite familiar with the "If you get mail there, they aren't trespassing, it's their home" what with all the room-mate quarrels and wannabe evictions.

I got the address on an envelope with my name on it. Go on and tell me it's not my home. So I have 15 homes. What?

Quote Originally Posted by Mas49.56 View Post
    One thing that just hit me is that I will be able to carry openly at my family and friends houses now. (if it passes)
    I don't think you really have to worry about that now. I've never heard of anyone getting in trouble for OCing on private property if they are a specifically invited guest, regardless of what the law says.

It absolutely amazes me that the state presumes to tell us what we can do on any private property, as if it is not at the sole discretion of the property owner. Hard core tyranny, that is.
    Last edited by 77zach; 03-17-2011 at 08:25 PM.

It's a by-product to the roots of how law is done in Florida. Blanket prohibition, then poke the exceptions in to 'allow' us humble subjects to do certain things under certain circumstances. That particular exception was never paid for in defense, so it doesn't exist yet.
    Last edited by ixtow; 03-17-2011 at 11:01 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast