• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

When and where will you OC if SB 234 becomes law?

77zach

Never? It's just about freedom and not living in a police state where only the police carry.
Sometimes? For outdoor activities, non-crowded places, or places where it will be well received.
Always? You are a true evangelist.

Also, what popular southeastern businesses do you think will ask OCers to leave? Publix? Sweet Bay, et?

nigmalg

I'll won't OC on any regular basis. For me, OC will be limited purely to non-sensitive locations like outdoor activities, road trips, etc..

It's an important right, and I would be happy about it being restored. I always enjoy our government treating us like adults :p

77zach

To be honest I've never really thought about it. I've always been angry that it's illegal, but until this year assumed that it would never be legalized. I've OCed twice, in VA and NC just to do it. Standing in line at a Chick-Fil-A in NC OCing and two NC state troopers walk in behind me for lunch. I ignored them and they didn't say anything to me. That is the extent of my OC adventures in the USSA.

Kingfish

As a visitor, I will OC on a limited basis until I see that LEO have been educated. If I were a resident, it would be game on...Voice recorder, copy of laws, etc.

77zach

As a visitor, I will OC on a limited basis until I see that LEO have been educated. If I were a resident, it would be game on...Voice recorder, copy of laws, etc.

Do you OC in Georgia often? I have no fear of OCing where I am in the state. If I go to Orlando, Jacksonville, Miami, etc, I'm worried I may get shot by the "Only Ones"

Kingfish

Do you OC in Georgia often? I have no fear of OCing where I am in the state. If I go to Orlando, Jacksonville, Miami, etc, I'm worried I may get shot by the "Only Ones"
I OC 97%-99% percent of the time. There are only 2 places I don't OC.

I could live with an ignorant LEO taking me for a ride here as I would be close to home. But on vacation, my wife would freak out. I do OC in CO, KY, TN and a few other places I know it to be better than average that LEO are informed.

~*'Phoenix'*~

Generally I'll "CC with impunity," and go about my life like I normally do when unarmed:
-in shorts and a t-shirt-
with the shirt over my gun, with no regard or worry given to printing or accidental exposure. If someone wants to see it, they'll know it's there, but the sheep and self-consumed won't notice.
I will OC sometimes, i.e. anytime I'm hiking or kayaking, at home, and driving. And in public when I'm wearing slacks and a dress shirt, in rural, pro-gun areas.
I hope I'll do it more as time goes on, but for now it's mostly 'fearless CC' + parking-lot glove box storage.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
I will open carry everywhere, maybe I'll try to pretend that there isn't a license in my wallet, just to see what freedom feels like...

77zach

I carried sterile in CO some last time we were there and it was quite liberating.

If sb 234 passes, hopefully it won't be another 23 years between OC and constitutional carry. BTW, somehow I got on the Georgia gun owners mail list and they're angry about GA lawmakers trying to give themselves constitutional carry. Big mistake. Let em do it. Then in future sessions make as much noise as possible about how they think they're better than you. It will give a huge boost for any efforts to make ga a permitless state.

Mas49.56

I'm heading to Buffallo Wild Wings and Toys-r-us to get kicked out day one!:p
OCing a big old Glock21, two spare mags and a knife.:eek:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Glock? :lol:

Actually, my Mom adopted my Glock 31, she loves it.

My Avatar should be a dead giveaway.... ;-) I machined, built, and proof-tested .50BMG bolt rifles for 5 years. I find anything less than 7.62x39 to be just plain girlie.

As I've said elsewhere, all .223 ammo should be pink.

I do have a 1911, a Kel Tec, a Llama... But The only reason I own the Llama and the Kel Tec is because I cannot conceal anything of useful size. If I don't have to Conceal anymore, screw that noise! Imma carry the best thing I got.

Last edited: