• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

When and where will you OC if SB 234 becomes law?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
...dressed like you just rolled out from under a truck.

I often have done precisely this. How terrible of me.

Perception is reality.

Only for the truly hateful, which is just about everyone.

Your point is taken, but I prefer that such people show me what they're really made of, and if I dress nice, I get the lies instead. I don't want to associate with people low enough to make judgments based on perception. I agree with you, but instead of stooping to compliance, I use it to weed out the well-dressed scum.

I deserve better company because I am better company.

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
That's the thing. I want the same reactions if I am armed or unarmed, so I will wear what I always wear, armed or unarmed. Just a regular guy who happens to be carrying a gun. If we only wear dress clothes while we OC, others will never get the idea that it is OK for "regular" guys to OC.

I usually wear a t-shirt, old-school 2nd hand BDU pants, and flip-flops/birkenstocks. Confuses the hell out of the hippies around here. They'll be a lot less confused when I have an AMD-65 Pistol anchored to my leg...

The 30rd AK mag has drawn little attention tho. I was hoping to have a conversation topic and figure no one saw my tiny little 1911 mags. Only the employees working at a local Asian Restaurant seem to have noticed, and they didn't wig out or avoid me after they whispered to each other.

j4l

I often have done precisely this. How terrible of me.

Only for the truly hateful, which is just about everyone.

Your point is taken, but I prefer that such people show me what they're really made of, and if I dress nice, I get the lies instead. I don't want to associate with people low enough to make judgments based on perception. I agree with you, but instead of stooping to compliance, I use it to weed out the well-dressed scum.

I deserve better company because I am better company.

Hit, the nail on the head. This is precisely the attitude with which we future OC's need to present ourselves, and conduct ourselves at every oppty. If we bond together and do so, collectively, I'm certain the rest of society will look upon us a upstanding pillars of the community-opening their establishments to our frequent patronage,and the works.
Not to mention the open-arms with which we will be embraced by Law Enforcement officials as we stroll merrily down the streets of fantasyland...:banghead: :banghead:

In all honesty,man, are you being totally sarcastic to yank our chains again, or are we actually supposed to take you seriously? I just dont even know anymore.
Between conspiracy-theory rants and childish statements like that above, is it any wonder the cops would rather open fire on you, than give you the time of day?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Hit, the nail on the head. This is precisely the attitude with which we future OC's need to present ourselves

I'm pointing out that this is broader than OC. This is me every day. It's a damn hard life, but I can respect myself for it.

You've made it clear that you're an Only One and that no one else deserves to live but clones of yourself.

I don't know anybody 'out there' and playing dress-up or acting like a degenerate just because everyone else does, isn't my cup of tea.

Life is hard. Even harder when you're stupid. Damn near impossible if you maintain any degree of integrity or intelligence. This is a society of Cannibals and Pirates which has run out of neighbors to attack and destroy. A population of people who's only skills revolve around screwing over other human beings and laughing all the way to the bank. Now that we've run out of neighbors to victimize, what do we do? What comes from a population who has no productive function at all, and knows nothing in life but visiting carnage upon others? Is that going to end well? I decide that the buck stops here. I'm not joining in. "...an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle?" Probably. But someone has to do it. Sure won't be you.

A PERSON can be smart, PEOPLE are stupid and hateful. I wasn't put here to please you or anyone else. In spite of that, I try to be rational and civilized anyways. No matter how much you, or anybody else, attempt to compel me to be otherwise.

I understand the concept of public venue. I'm not here to submit to it. I'm here to change it. I'm here to be 'that guy.'

I'm here because I refuse to sit at the back of the bus. I will probably pay the price, and YOU will reap the benefits as you mock me.

Because of people like me, people like you aren't on the edge facing an ugly reality that you comfortably live in denial of.

Quit pushing yourself on me. Back off.

Last edited:

j4l

Understand where you're coming from and all. Just there are times and places and issues-for such things, and this, I don't think, is one of them.
Here's where Natural Selection, and your impending Darwin Award comes into play.
We arent talking about a harmless fashion-trend like some kind of whacky sneakers or something, we're talking about firearms. Potentially-lethal tools that evoke strong emotions on both sides of the issue.
One of those sides, may well include a paranoid, edgy officer of the law who may take such rebellion as a sign of a less-than-stable person wearing a gun....

I wont mock, though. I'll just chuckle myself silly (and try to avoid spewing my coffee all over this computer) when I get to see the youtube video of your Darwin Moment...

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Understand where you're coming from and all. Just there are times and places and issues-for such things, and this, I don't think, is one of them.
Here's where Natural Selection, and your impending Darwin Award comes into play.
We arent talking about a harmless fashion-trend like some kind of whacky sneakers or something, we're talking about firearms. Potentially-lethal tools that evoke strong emotions on both sides of the issue.
One of those sides, may well include a paranoid, edgy officer of the law who may take such rebellion as a sign of a less-than-stable person wearing a gun....

I wont mock, though. I'll just chuckle myself silly (and try to avoid spewing my coffee all over this computer) when I get to see the youtube video of your Darwin Moment...

Rebellion? Are you even reading my posts? Just seeing want you want to see?

trollmickey.gif

You may well be right. But I'd rather die for something than live for nothing.

Your argument is the same as waht I saw here back when "The OC Movement" first began. "OMG, you're going to wear a gun, visibly, in public?" "you're going to ruin it for the rest of us! stay under the boot, we're safe here!" "The cops are going to kill you!" "You're going to go to federal pound you in the ass prison!"

Who's laughing now?

I've already dealt with dozens of 4th and 1st amendment related police encounters. Even with the vendetta against me, I have yet to see the inside of a jail cell. How do you think I managed that? When have you seen the 2nd amendment violated by cops? Almost never. It's the 4th and the 1st we most often deal with here. Are you even paying attention?

Last edited:

j4l

Rebellion or actin-out or whatever term you wish to use. It's what a lot of us call it when young lads start going around piercing their eyelids, and painting their fingernails and such.. challenging "perceptions" and "the system" and "the man"...

quaint, sometimes even amusing...but it's been done before...

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Rebellion or actin-out or whatever term you wish to use. It's what a lot of us call it when young lads start going around piercing their eyelids, and painting their fingernails and such.. challenging "perceptions" and "the system" and "the man"...

quaint, sometimes even amusing...but it's been done before...

I guess it's easy to burn your own Straw Man.... Just wanted to give you all that rope first....

77zach

I usually wear a t-shirt, old-school 2nd hand BDU pants, and flip-flops/birkenstocks. Confuses the hell out of the hippies around here. They'll be a lot less confused when I have an AMD-65 Pistol anchored to my leg...

The 30rd AK mag has drawn little attention tho. I was hoping to have a conversation topic and figure no one saw my tiny little 1911 mags. Only the employees working at a local Asian Restaurant seem to have noticed, and they didn't wig out or avoid me after they whispered to each other.

I'd be afraid of over penetration from that kind of gun. I couldn't care less if you carried a .50 Barrett on your back but if you had to use it in a self defense situation knowing your target and what's behind it would be all important.

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I'd be afraid of over penetration from that kind of gun. I couldn't care less if you carried a .50 Barrett on your back but if you had to use it in a self defense situation knowing your target and what's behind it would be all important.

Isn't that always important? ;-) A near miss on a .22lr could be subjected to the same argument as overpenetration.

I find the gun to be far more accurate than the short barrel and short sight radius of 'conventional' hanguns. Also, the positions of the hands; not in the same spot, contributes to more accuracy and a steadier hand. I was also, at first, saying to myself "this is ridiculous, but fun!" But it's really grown on me. I'm seeing all the positives instead of all the excuses and rhetoric against it.

Just like OC.

I have a more granular control over what I aim at. In a panic situation, you're only half as good as you are at the range. I can pick an eyeball at 50 yards with this sucker! Can you do that with ANY conventional handgun?

Who cares? If your target is 50yds away, how can they be a real threat to you?

Defense of others, forcible felonies, etc...

As I just said, in a real-world situation, adrenaline, etc... I won't be that good. My odds of missing with this thing are virtually nil. Your 'normal' handgun? Good luck!

If I am clear beyond the target, let er rip. Not clear? Still have to take the shot to save the good guy (be it me or someone else)? Sternum, or any hard bone. I can make tight shots like that with this gun. "Normal" handguns just can't give you that.

Some people choose not to care.

What if the bad guy takes a hostage? Can you make that shot with your 3 inch barrel and equivalent sight radius?

What if he finds or makes cover? Can your .380 beat that door panel and still be effective?

Having a Right is not the same as having the ABILITY. With my AMD-65, I get to set the stage, not the bad guy.

Besides, your gun might say "Not a victim," Mine says "Are you effing kidding me? Not in a bajillion years should you even be having that thought!"

Will it be more attention-getting? Probably; but I'm not painting any part of it orange, and I'm building a retention holster with proper trigger cover for it. I'm not going for theatrics or challenges. It's my new favorite gun, I'm more comfortable with it, it extends my options and abilities by several orders of magnitude.... It's just good all around.

I also don't have to learn two sets of shooting skills. 1-point sling, and the stance and hold is very much like a rifle; which I'm already really damn good with. I'm not really a handgun guy to begin with, so this extends my extensive rifle skills as well.

It's just a damn good choice FOR ME no matter how I look at it.

Last edited:

77zach

Isn't that always important? ;-) A near miss on a .22lr could be subjected to the same argument as overpenetration.

I find the gun to be far more accurate than the short barrel and short sight radius of 'conventional' hanguns. Also, the positions of the hands; not in the same spot, contributes to more accuracy and a steadier hand. I was also, at first, saying to myself "this is ridiculous, but fun!" But it's really grown on me. I'm seeing all the positives instead of all the excuses and rhetoric against it.

Just like OC.

I have a more granular control over what I aim at. In a panic situation, you're only half as good as you are at the range. I can pick an eyeball at 50 yards with this sucker! Can you do that with ANY conventional handgun?

Who cares? If your target is 50yds away, how can they be a real threat to you?

Defense of others, forcible felonies, etc...

As I just said, in a real-world situation, adrenaline, etc... I won't be that good. My odds of missing with this thing are virtually nil. Your 'normal' handgun? Good luck!

If I am clear beyond the target, let er rip. Not clear? Still have to take the shot to save the good guy (be it me or someone else)? Sternum, or any hard bone. I can make tight shots like that with this gun. "Normal" handguns just can't give you that.

Some people choose not to care.

What if the bad guy takes a hostage? Can you make that shot with your 3 inch barrel and equivalent sight radius?

What if he finds or makes cover? Can your .380 beat that door panel and still be effective?

Having a Right is not the same as having the ABILITY. With my AMD-65, I get to set the stage, not the bad guy.

Besides, your gun might say "Not a victim," Mine says "Are you effing kidding me? Not in a bajillion years should you even be having that thought!"

Will it be more attention-getting? Probably; but I'm not painting any part of it orange, and I'm building a retention holster with proper trigger cover for it. I'm not going for theatrics or challenges. It's my new favorite gun, I'm more comfortable with it, it extends my options and abilities by several orders of magnitude.... It's just good all around.

I also don't have to learn two sets of shooting skills. 1-point sling, and the stance and hold is very much like a rifle; which I'm already really damn good with. I'm not really a handgun guy to begin with, so this extends my extensive rifle skills as well.

It's just a damn good choice FOR ME no matter how I look at it.

I'd be interested in pics after you have the holster built.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I'd be interested in pics after you have the holster built.

It's gonna require latches on the gun, and no typical rail will be possible. It's going to be built along the same principles as the AK itself; crude, but effective. I doubt anyone will want to copy it.... ;-)

bushwacker

Right on Bushwacker. I do hope you guys can right some wrongs in your state and get it back on the right track. It would be good to write the newspapers and write something about OC in your other forum sig lines when you write on other boards.

good idea ...i just gotta figure out how to do the sig line thing...thanks

Rick H

Tee Shirts

I plan to make tee shirts with the wording something like this

"Open Carry is legal in the State of Florida as of "DATE"
and the Florida State Statue 790.06 an act relating to firearms;
Providing that a person in compliance with the terms
of a concealed carry license may carry openly.
The licensee must carry the license, together with valid
identification, at all times in which the licensee is in actual
possession of a concealed weapon or firearm.
But this Approval of FSS will not under any circumstance
prevail in anyway to allow my Constitutional rights to be
trampled on and such trials will result in a just lawsuit
against any and all person(s) or entities attempting to do so.
The mere presence of a firearm does NOT give probable Cause
to be detained or questioned.

Something like this anyway.

Last edited:

WwRGSwW

I will OC anywhere I can... Its much more comfortable then CC'ing for me, I dont have to worry, and people are fully aware, rather then shocked if they see my shirt ride up...

I OC in MI all the time when I am there with no issues.

77zach

I plan to make tee shirts with the wording something like this

"Open Carry is legal in the State of Florida as of "DATE"
and the Florida State Statue 790.06 an act relating to firearms;
Providing that a person in compliance with the terms
of a concealed carry license may carry openly.
The licensee must carry the license, together with valid
identification, at all times in which the licensee is in actual
possession of a concealed weapon or firearm.
But this Approval of FSS will not under any circumstance
prevail in anyway to allow my Constitutional rights to be
trampled on and such trials will result in a just lawsuit
against any and all person(s) or entities attempting to do so.
The mere presence of a firearm does NOT give probable Cause
to be detained or questioned.

Something like this anyway.

And on the back a big picture of your CWFL.

Rod0990

OC

I think we all need to take a step back and look at the big picture. When OC becomes legal what most of you are saying is absolutely correct, in the fact that no one can tell you that you cant OC and its your right etc.

However since the police cant legally strip you of your weapon if you're carrying it in a lawful manner, nor will they illegally try to without a cause (causing them to violate your right) they will probably do what most people do in these situations, try to go AROUND the problem.

How will this be done? Maybe they'll try to make you upset, incite an emotional reaction, try to get you to say something in anger or use verbal abuse to THEN maybe have a reason to take it from you.

Ive personally seen a cop approach a bunch of teenagers that fit a specific description, raggedy jeans, sandals, ripped khaki pants, dirty t-shirt etc. Mind you these kids werent causing problems, nor were they committing any crime or social disruption. They simply made some of the elderly population "nervous".

So this cop came and I watched....

At first he talked to them, and they replied in a polite manner. Something to the effect of they were all waiting for one of their parents to take them somewhere blah blah blah.

Then the cop threw in some personal attack about their clothing and not having a job and being bums etc.

One of the teenagers replied with some cuss words and body language and next thing you know they were all being searched.

At the time I commented to my wife "Man I bet all the other kids wont be hanging out with that boy again lol".

But thinking about it now, thats the attitude people use when they want something and have no legal means to aquire it, they try to go AROUND the problem, the police officers intention, when approaching that group was TO SEARCH THEM. He just started to work his magic and knowing teenagers...it worked. He got what he wanted. The search.

None of the kids had anything and the officer left without action.

In short, when I get stopped by an officer and asked for my OC license, I will comply.

If he wants to disarm me for his safety while hes looking at the license....fine. (I know I dont have to, this is a personal choice.)

I will remain calm.

I will remain polite.

I will inform him or perhaps remind him of the laws, not sarcastically, not in a rude or demeaning way.

I bet when OC is legal some people will be looking for a LEO encounter so they can "show them" and "teach them not to mess with OCers".

They will strut around the streets and going out of their way for people to "see their piece". These people love the shock value of the way they dress and act, when people give them looks or whisper they look at it with martyrdom.

Unfortunately thats unavoidable to have those folks. Its the people that will give OCers a bad name, and hopefully not remove this right that were fighting so hard for.

Last edited: