• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Regional CWFL Processing Offices

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
As it seems to be a big deal lately, I wanted to post this information more prominently.

You can get your CWFL a lot faster if you go to one of the Regional Processing Offices. The Mailed-in forms, the Classes at Gun Shows and Gun Shops usually use this method, take much longer. You don't have to drive to Tallahassee, there is probably a [REMOVED] CWFL License Processing Center near you. COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Inappropriate

Here is the map and addresses:

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/staff/regions.html

I'm not sure if it's sticky-worthy, but someone already drove all the way from Orlando to Tallahassee for no reason... With these gas prices, it's gotta hurt.

hvtopiwala

i was the one that drove to tally :)

i had to drive to tally cuz they were the only ones with available appointments within the time frame i could go :/ all the other regional offices were booked up to 2 months! lol

maps761

A friend at work made an appointment yesterday for the one here in Tampa. His appointment date is mid May!!!

The number of people applying is astounding. Normally, each month, around 15,000 - 20,000 people apply for their CCW license. The month before 9/11/2001 there were 15,000, the month after is was 45,000. Nice knee jerk reaction there.

The past two months there was over 40,000 applications, almost as high as the 9/11 aftermath. I don't know if this is related to the Open Carry bill being in the news or what.

FLEMTP

I dont understand why people are making appointments. I went to the regional office in Punta Gorda, and walked in with no appointment and they took care of me right then. I also know of several friends who went for their initial application and didnt make an appointment and were also taken care of on the spot. YMMV