Thread: OC at Bass Pro Shop

Smile OC at Bass Pro Shop

OC'ed at Bass Pro in Rancho Cucamonga today for about 2 hours (its hard not to get sucked in at that place) -- no firearms-prohibited-issues, no complaints, no problem from the employees, no police called.

While we were at the gun counter talking with one of the employees, he was surprised I didn't have a permit and asked more than once what law allowed me to carry. Had a productive (I hope) conversation about 12031, 626, etc, and why I believe in OC. He started off fairly negative, but I think mostly it was because the employees aren't allowed to carry while at work. :-) Another employee even answered one of his negative-statements by asking him how many school shootings had been prevented because of the GFSZ Act!

All in all.... a good day. And my longest OC outing so far. :-)

Now that I'm all pumped up, any OCDO members interested in a South OC get together?

/Matt

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar
    That particular store has been good to the inland empire OCers. Definitely good to see them continuing their friendly policy.

reply from Dan H. Dugger manager Bass Pro Shops Manteca:

If you are bringing in a handgun in a holster, unloaded and you are openly carrying on your side you are welcome to have that firearm in the store without a trigger lock. If you have a Concealed and Carry permit it can be loaded and concealed in the store. If we see a concealed weapon we will ask if person has a concealed permit. Any other firearms will need to be trigger locked at the door including handguns. I am sorry for the confusion on this issue. If you openly carried into our store we should have let you do so. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and I hope you have a great day.