• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at Bass Pro Shop

moonbootmatt

OC'ed at Bass Pro in Rancho Cucamonga today for about 2 hours (its hard not to get sucked in at that place) -- no firearms-prohibited-issues, no complaints, no problem from the employees, no police called.

While we were at the gun counter talking with one of the employees, he was surprised I didn't have a permit and asked more than once what law allowed me to carry. Had a productive (I hope) conversation about 12031, 626, etc, and why I believe in OC. He started off fairly negative, but I think mostly it was because the employees aren't allowed to carry while at work. :) Another employee even answered one of his negative-statements by asking him how many school shootings had been prevented because of the GFSZ Act!

All in all.... a good day. And my longest OC outing so far. :)

Now that I'm all pumped up, any OCDO members interested in a South OC get together?

/Matt

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
That particular store has been good to the inland empire OCers. Definitely good to see them continuing their friendly policy.

Iopencarry

reply from Dan H. Dugger manager Bass Pro Shops Manteca:

If you are bringing in a handgun in a holster, unloaded and you are openly carrying on your side you are welcome to have that firearm in the store without a trigger lock. If you have a Concealed and Carry permit it can be loaded and concealed in the store. If we see a concealed weapon we will ask if person has a concealed permit. Any other firearms will need to be trigger locked at the door including handguns. I am sorry for the confusion on this issue. If you openly carried into our store we should have let you do so. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and I hope you have a great day.