Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Finally Stopped

  1. #1
    Regular Member mobodyguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    kansas city, mo
    Posts
    149

    Finally Stopped

    Ladies and gents of open carry Missouri especially those of the greater kansas city area. For those of u that know me i always talk about for the three years i have been open carrying i have never been stopped.

    Well I was stopped today in line at the walgreens on linwood and prospect in kansas city missouri. The officer said excuse me sir and i just played him off, he said it again and i turned around and he waved me over and i came and he said " do u know that u need to leave that in your car" and i said no and he asked if i had a CCW and i said yes. he asked me for id and i said no.

    He said that if i was going to be carrying i needed my id and i said not if im open carrying. I asked him was he a law enforcement officer he said yes, then i said well if u r then u should know the laws and know that i dont need a CCW to open carry. He keep asking for my ID and i keep saying no and i asked him was i free to go and he just waved me off (like saying just leave), i went back to the counter and checked out. LOL

    Law enforcement officer need to know the laws that they our enforcing, i need to just go and complete my P.O.S.T training and teach these officer how to properly enforce Laws. Later Open Carry of Missouri

  2. #2
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,622
    Nice job.

    BTW - paragraphs help in reading this stuff.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  3. #3
    Regular Member protect our rights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by mobodyguard View Post
    Ladies and gents of open carry Missouri especially those of the greater kansas city area. For those of u that know me i always talk about for the three years i have been open carrying i have never been stopped.
    Well I was stopped today in line at the walgreens on linwood and prospect in kansas city missouri. The officer said excuse me sir and i just played him off, he said it again and i turned around and he waved me over and i came and he said " do u know that u need to leave that in your car" and i said no and he asked if i had a CCW and i said yes. he asked me for id and i said no.
    He said that if i was going to be carrying i needed my id and i said not if im open carrying. I asked him was he a law enforcement officer he said yes, then i said well if u r then u should know the laws and know that i dont need a CCW to open carry. He keep asking for my ID and i keep saying no and i asked him was i free to go and he just waved me off (like saying just leave), i went back to the counter and checked out. LOL
    Law enforcement officer need to know the laws that they our enforcing, i need to just go and complete my P.O.S.T training and teach these officer how to properly enforce Laws. Later Open Carry of Missouri
    Good job. One LEO at a time.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence ... From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable . . . The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that is good" - George Washington

  4. #4
    Regular Member mobodyguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    kansas city, mo
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Nice job.

    BTW - paragraphs help in reading this stuff.
    yes sir for now on just for u

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    159
    Good story. Whenever I'm lucky enough to move back to Missouri, I'd like to attend one of your get togethers.

    I am getting tired of hearing the bold face lies being told to OCers about ID.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Superlite27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    God's Country, Missouri
    Posts
    1,279
    Quote Originally Posted by mobodyguard View Post
    I asked him was he a law enforcement officer he said yes, then i said well if u r then u should know the laws and know that i dont need a CCW to open carry.

    If he said he was a police officer, you should have turned the tables on him!

    Ask him for his I.D.!

    If he was truly a police officer, you couldn't be expected to comply with his demand unless he could prove he was actually an officer.

    Then after he did, I'd continue to inform him that you are only required to show your CCW only if you are concealing....which you weren't.

  7. #7
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,622
    Originally Posted by mobodyguard
    I asked him was he a law enforcement officer he said yes, then i said well if u r then u should know the laws and know that i dont need a CCW to open carry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlite27 View Post
    If he said he was a police officer, you should have turned the tables on him!

    Ask him for his I.D.!
    If he did not produce his ID, I would have put in my own call. Impersonating a police officer is an offense.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  8. #8
    Regular Member mobodyguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    kansas city, mo
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlite27 View Post
    If he said he was a police officer, you should have turned the tables on him!

    Ask him for his I.D.!

    If he was truly a police officer, you couldn't be expected to comply with his demand unless he could prove he was actually an officer.

    Then after he did, I'd continue to inform him that you are only required to show your CCW only if you are concealing....which you weren't.
    Next time i will do that, and yes i did inform him that i only needed to show my CCW if i was concealing, but he keep demanding to see my ID, but thats when i asked him am i free to go

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    st louis
    Posts
    640
    i would of made him walk up to you. id be mad that he made me get out of line.

    i would of said there is no city ordinance restricting open carry, but short and sweet. good to ask the "am i free to go" very early on IMO

  10. #10
    Regular Member mobodyguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    kansas city, mo
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by kylemoul View Post
    i would of made him walk up to you. id be mad that he made me get out of line.

    i would of said there is no city ordinance restricting open carry, but short and sweet. good to ask the "am i free to go" very early on IMO
    the sooner the better

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    St. Joseph, MO
    Posts
    100
    Woo! I've yet to stopped by law enforcement, and I've actually only had one person ask me about my gun outside of our meetings.

    It was, funnily enough, the automotive manager at Wal-Mart while the wife and I were getting our tires changed. It basically went like this:

    "Are you a cop?" (Oh god...)

    "No, I'm not, just a citizen."

    "Why do you have that gun there?"

    "For my and my wifes personal protection."

    "....in Wal-Mart?" (lol)

    "Yes, anywhere it's allowed, and Wal-Mart's corporate policy follows the state and local laws regarding carrying, so it's legal in Missouri and the city of St. Joseph."

    "Ok, I was just wondering since you didn't look like a cop haha, I'll have to look that up."

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    st louis
    Posts
    640
    well yea...its walmart. always full of crazies.

    google "people of walmart"...im sure most of you have already.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    pottsboro,texas
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by chakragod View Post
    Woo! I've yet to stopped by law enforcement, and I've actually only had one person ask me about my gun outside of our meetings.

    It was, funnily enough, the automotive manager at Wal-Mart while the wife and I were getting our tires changed. It basically went like this:

    "Are you a cop?" (Oh god...)

    "No, I'm not, just a citizen."

    "Why do you have that gun there?"

    "For my and my wifes personal protection."

    "....in Wal-Mart?" (lol)

    "Yes, anywhere it's allowed, and Wal-Mart's corporate policy follows the state and local laws regarding carrying, so it's legal in Missouri and the city of St. Joseph."

    "Ok, I was just wondering since you didn't look like a cop haha, I'll have to look that up."
    next time it mite be good to say something like, well I guess you haven't googled shooting at wal-mart and seen the long list, humm maybe that why wal-mart has those color codes for level of threat. and what color is the one that says man with gun ?can you remember?
    Our ancesters, veterens, and people of the service gave and are giving their time and sacrifice to preserve and defend our rights . it''s up to us the people to show appreciation by not sacrificing but investing time to exercise and preserve those rights.......the bushwacker...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •