• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Juneau County Open Carry

I'd like to see how many people live in Juneau County and maybe get together at some point for an open carry event. Even those who don't open carry would be welcome(me sadly being one of them as I'm unable to afford purchasing one currently) But get together and discuss open carry and just get to know some new people who open carry in my area.

SIGdude

Not sure who lives in Juneau county around here. I know there are a number of us in Sauk county; by averages there should be a few people from the county over.

oliverclotheshoff

im in juneau county and would definately attend heck i know of at least one guy in sauk who will attend as long as he doesnt have a family thing planned

Awesome. I'll see if a few more people respond and maybe we can get something together. I'd open carry, but I only work helping my aunt run a small shop so what money I do make goes towards other priorities at the moment. But I'd like to get to know others who do. I have yet to see an open carrier in necedah suprisingly though.

oliverclotheshoff

if you want a cheaper handgun go and look at the pawn and gun shop in necedah they have some high points there new for 150 to 300 bucks

also of all the people i have met thru this movement i have yet to meet a bad apple so to speak there all a great bunch of guys and gals

Last edited:

civilwarguy

if you want a cheaper handgun go and look at the pawn and gun shop in necedah they have some high points there new for 150 to 300 bucks

also of all the people i have met thru this movement i have yet to meet a bad apple so to speak there all a great bunch of guys and gals

300 for a hi point is outrageous i got my for just 169 and that was brand new and for that price you cant go wrong good gun that is accurate and comes with a top notch warranty

Wolf1477

Yep, I know the last I looked, the local Ace had the .40 S&W High Point for $149 + tax. One of my brothers has one, fun as heck to shoot (virtually no recoil) for speed shooting, very accurate, very low maintenance, and you can pick up a nice looking holster from WalMart for $13 + tax.

Not too shabby.

Sam, and if you run out of ammo it doubles as a nice brick...thing's *solid*

Last edited:

civilwarguy

Yep, I know the last I looked, the local Ace had the .40 S&W High Point for $149 + tax. One of my brothers has one, fun as heck to shoot (virtually no recoil) for speed shooting, very accurate, very low maintenance, and you can pick up a nice looking holster from WalMart for $13 + tax.

Not too shabby.

Sam, and if you run out of ammo it doubles as a nice brick...thing's *solid*
If you get the 9mm one the $7 crossman airsoft holster works well minus that it is pretty bulky but finding holsters in general for them is where the problem lies

Mlutz

If you get the 9mm one the $7 crossman airsoft holster works well minus that it is pretty bulky but finding holsters in general for them is where the problem lies

Fobus holsters, thats where I got my brick holder. Lol.

Mlutz

New for $150? No way. Last time I was there, (A few weeks ago) he had a 380 marked at $238 if I remember... Then the Wisconsin Carry discount brought it down to $200. Msrp is $135. Don't get m wrong, the guy owns a buisness, he does it to make a buck... But thats INSANE!