• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Now this is Open Carry! The Right to Keep and Bear Arms!!!!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
As a true believer in the RKBA ".....shall not be infringed." This is exactly what I mean.....

Private citizen buys fighter jet!

EVERETT, Wash. — Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen has added a restored Russian-made fighter jet to his collection of vintage airplanes.

The Herald newspaper reports one of Allen's companies closed on the purchase of the MiG-29 last week.

The jet had been restored by another Washington aviation enthusiast and is currently on display at Allen's aviation museum at Paine Field in Everett. The manager of the Flying Heritage Collection says the jet is not expected to stay in Everett.

Allen founded Microsoft with his high school friend Bill Gates in 1975. He left Microsoft in 1983 and has invested broadly in technology, real estate, sports and the arts. He owns the Seattle Seahawks football team and the Portland Trailblazers basketball team, and is part-owner of Seattle Sounders FC, a major league soccer team.

Read more: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2011/03/17/1589014/paul-allen-buys-russian-fighter.html#ixzz1GuxcXctk

sudden valley gunner

Dexter Holland from Offspring beat him to it. :lol:

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/jun/15/entertainment/ca-offspring15

One of his planes is a sleek corporate jet with an anarchy symbol painted on the tail fin (nice touch) while another is a Soviet-era fighter plane imported from Estonia (um, hello, Homeland Security?).

Actually I think he races it or has another pilot race it with others who own private fighter jets.

amlevin

It takes a Paul Allen type to afford this

How would you like to pull it up to the pump and say "fill 'er up" and then be handed a bill for over $6,000

It holds about 1200 gallons of fuel and today's price at Paine Field is about $5.50/gal. for Jet-A.

A full tank will take you almost 1,000 miles unless you really stand on it and take it up to Mach 2.2.

Wonder when Paul Allen will buy one of the US gov's soon to be surplus KC135's to go along with this plane?

BTW, I wonder if Paul Allen Open Carries?

meggers

I've actually seen this aircraft in Paul Allen's hanger at Boeing Field before -- amongst his ~20 other airplanes.

DEROS72

Micheal Dorn (WORF from STNG) owns and flys a Korean war era Mig.
Its not a MIG its an F-86 Sabre from the Korean War.He is an accomplished pilot as is John Travolta who flys his own 727 and is a certified captain for I believe Quantas.

Metalhead47

As a true believer in the RKBA ".....shall not be infringed." This is exactly what I mean.....

Private citizen buys fighter jet!

Someone jump in here if I'm wrong, but isn't Paul Allen a pretty well-established liberal?

If you have the money, it's easy enough to buy figher jets, tanks, military boats, etc... stripped of all armament of course. We'll have made real progress when PA can pull the trigger on a 30mm cannon on that MiG. He could actually afford it :p

Dexter Holland from Offspring beat him to it. :lol:

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/jun/15/entertainment/ca-offspring15

Actually I think he races it or has another pilot race it with others who own private fighter jets.

Anyone else here struck by the irony of the frontman from a punk rock band, historical adversaries of anything "establishment," owning a military airplane, affording a military airplane, holding an advanced science degree, and selling a product through a national big box store?

Not knocking Dexter all, I just find it ironic :D

sudden valley gunner

Anyone else here struck by the irony of the frontman from a punk rock band, historical adversaries of anything "establishment," owning a military airplane, affording a military airplane, holding an advanced science degree, and selling a product through a national big box store?

Not knocking Dexter all, I just find it ironic :D

One of my favorite bands, in many respect, punk was musics answer to Hippie folk and rock music. I had many friends in punk bands over the years who would be considered more libertarian than anything else, well maybe "psuedo anarchists"? :D