• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Map of Kimberly Gun Free Zone

Spence

Correct, yes. Right, no way.

Do you have an Idaho CPL? My understanding is that you can ignore the 1,000' rule if you have one.

As far as I know, in Idaho, I can only carry while taking kids to/from school, even with a conceal permit, unless given permission from the school board.

aadvark

The State of Idaho DOES NOT Reconize The 1000 Foot 'School-Safety Zone' Rule..., but The Federal Government does.

Applicable Idaho Statute: 18-3302D.

Applicable Federal Statute: 18 U.S.C. 922(q), with an Exception for Concealed Carry Licensees under Federal Law 18 U.S.C. 922(q)(2)(B)(ii).

Spence

The State of Idaho DOES NOT Reconize The 1000 Foot 'School-Safety Zone' Rule..., but The Federal Government does.

Applicable Federal Statute: 18 U.S.C. 922(q), with an Exception for Concealed Carry Licensees under Federal Law 18 U.S.C. 922(q)(2)(B)(ii).

Excellent, thank you for the clarification.

Now to update the Sherriff's deputy that told me otherwise.

ISRAEL

Señor Aadvark, most weekends I take my 4 grand kids to a park that is next to a school and in front of a Catholic church,the school has a cyclon fence all around and on saturdays is closed, and I always wonder if it was legal for me O.Cing in that park,( I been doing it). It seems to me that you know a lot of Idaho laws, I will apreciate your help in this maner, Muy agradecido por su respuesta, grácias.