• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wow, easy way to find ex leo, just mention Open Carry...

amzbrady

I had a remarkable conversation with a gentleman at Kennewick Safeway this evening. Started off in line at the deli, just kinda talking back and forth. We got on the subject of age and I mentioned how my hand was bothering me and it was my shooting hand. He mentioned he is an instructer at http://www.practicaledgeshooting.com/default.htm, and they taught ambidextrous shooting skills. This is where the conversation turned, I told him if I learned to shoot left handed then I could both open carry and conceal carry a rig on each side. Oh boy did his demeanor change. He said that he was ex leo and that he strongly advised against it unless I wanted to go to jail for breaking the law openly carrying like the guy in prosser. I asked him why the guy was arrested for not breaking the law. He said the guy in prosser was arrested for some "in fear law" (but of course could not quote an RCW). He said that if a mother was shopping with her child and was in fear for her childs life because of my gun, she could have me arrested. He also said that if I didnt carry concealed that criminals know who has a gun and who to take out first, (same arguement - different day). He then told me if I walked down the sidewalk here in Kennewick to expect all kinds of officers to stop me. I could see he is one of those bull headed guys who thinks he knows everything and is always right, ( Cliff Claven syndrome). I told him to have a nice day and walked away. It's a shame people cant have a two sided conversation nowadays...

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Just show him this....

and ask him why we were not arrested by the SPD in the background?
washingtonoclicense.jpg

amzbrady

and ask him why we were not arrested by the SPD in the background?
washingtonoclicense.jpg

It's funny you posted this. As he was stating his fictional law about some fear something, this picture came to mind and I was biting my tongue wanting to mention this and more, but I had already sensed everything said would fall on deaf ears. Just mentioning OCDO, which he seamed like he knew of us, he started talking about askewed facts that are posted here. I felt I should just walk away the better person and not argue with him about how, here on OCDO, any facts posted are backed up with the source, unlike LEO, Brady Campaigners, and Wa ceasefire.

They have a facebook page, you should befriend them and post this for them, esp since the nice officer to the right was so happy to stand there doing nothing since you indeed were not breaking any laws. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/PracticalEdgeShooting

Last edited:

Freedom First

I've been looking for a local training opportunity. For me. Not for him... It would be fun though to go through their training as an OCer. I wonder if "the customer is always right" would apply with a bunch of ex and current LEOs?

DEROS72

Or this one of about 7 SPD NOT bothering me.Print these and the one with Nick in front of the Governors office and show him if you run into him again.

oneeyeross

on the other hand, if you feed the squirrels, they just come back for more nuts.... In this case, I doubt you could/would change the mind of the former LEO, since he "knows" what he is talking about....

ApacheBunny

"fear of" law my arse, going out on a limb here, I don't see myself in the slammer because I scare people with my forward slouch and frown all the time, and they cant call the cops for fear that your handgun is gonna open fire full auto all over the store. It's sad this ex LEO isn't a supporter of OC if he was an LEO.

amlevin

This begs the question

Why is he an "Ex Leo"?

I always wonder why some of these guys are "Ex Leo's", especially when they are the younger types. I've met several over the last couple of years and noticed that they shared a couple of traits. Aggressive personalities, not all that smart when it pertained to the laws on carrying a firearm, and last but not least, UNEMPLOYED.

skiingislife725

By process of elimination, it looks like the only former LEO on their instructor page is from Los Angeles. Go figure. Well it's too bad you weren't OCing at the time.

Lovenox

why is he an "ex leo"?

I always wonder why some of these guys are "ex leo's", especially when they are the younger types. I've met several over the last couple of years and noticed that they shared a couple of traits. Aggressive personalities, not all that smart when it pertained to the laws on carrying a firearm, and last but not least, unemployed.

lol!

amzbrady

Why is he an "Ex Leo"?

I always wonder why some of these guys are "Ex Leo's", especially when they are the younger types. I've met several over the last couple of years and noticed that they shared a couple of traits. Aggressive personalities, not all that smart when it pertained to the laws on carrying a firearm, and last but not least, UNEMPLOYED.

The badge he flipped out of his wallet while looking for a business card for the practicle edge training said "retired".

bushwacker

So I take it that he is saying the fear of law has jurisdiction over the 2a . next time (if you see him again ) tell him that you have been really looking for where it that the" fear of law" (and make sure you throw those quote signs in the air , you know how people just hate that) has mastership over the 2a that you can't seem to find it and would he be kind enough to help you out

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The truly funny part of all of this is that an ex-LEO is working selling deli meats - where is the credibility, the affirmation of RKBA knowledge, next to the bologna? :lol:

No flame intended to LEOs.

amzbrady

The truly funny part of all of this is that an ex-LEO is working selling deli meats - where is the credibility, the affirmation of RKBA knowledge, next to the bologna? :lol:

No flame intended to LEOs.

Naw, he wasnt selling deli meat, although I'm sure after hearing what he had to say that his brain resembled chopped ham. He was in line for a 8 piece chicken.

amzbrady

Now, that's ironic, considering how quick he was to "cite" the in fear of law.

Funny how they support one cause but not another. He said he thinks every citizen should be armed and conceal carry, But open carry is what get people ambushed and stabbed from behind. I had said I had not ever heard of an open carry citizen ever being targeted for their gun, and that, that only happens to officers since criminals have something to prove. I also told him that criminals dont want to go where they know there are guns because they dont want to be where the odds are even. He did agree that we should be allowed to carry on the job, and at college campasus. He is just totally against Open Carry.

I need to get a new recorder...

tobyjones

I'm not sure I would take life or death instruction from someone with such a confused thought process.

As with any business feel free to vote with your wallet and don't be shy about letting others know how you feel. Thanks for posting this amzbrady.

Last edited: