Thread: I don't need to see the inside of an Oregon jail...

I don't need to see the inside of an Oregon jail...

Or the back seat of a cruiser.

Ok, so I'm driving into Eastern Oregon from Eastern Washington and I don't have an Oregon CPL.
    1. Before I cross the border I lock my concealed BUG in a container in the cab of my vehicle for the duration of my stay. Renders it inaccessable even though loaded.
    2. I keep my .45 in clear sight on my hip in and out of my vehicle. Classic OC. And if I have to take it off, it also needs to be locked up to drive again.

Did I get it right? Do I pass? Jeeze, I hate silly laws.
    Freedom can never be lost, only given away by ignorance, by choice, or at the point of a gun. Here in America we can still choose.

Freedom First 1775

"I aim to misbehave..." Malcolm Reynolds

State Researcher
    Urge everyone you know in Oregon to call their legislators and demand they vote for HB 2792, which would recognize all other states' concealed handgun licenses in Oregon.
    James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Admitted to practice in West Virginia and Florida.

Founder, Past President, Treasurer, and General Counsel, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
    Life Member, NRA

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom First View Post
    Or the back seat of a cruiser.

Ok, so I'm driving into Eastern Oregon from Eastern Washington and I don't have an Oregon CPL.
    1. Before I cross the border I lock my concealed BUG in a container in the cab of my vehicle for the duration of my stay. Renders it inaccessable even though loaded.
    2. I keep my .45 in clear sight on my hip in and out of my vehicle. Classic OC. And if I have to take it off, it also needs to be locked up to drive again.

Did I get it right? Do I pass? Jeeze, I hate silly laws.
    Your should be good, as long as no local jurisdictions restrict loaded open carry, which applies to your vehicle. Only CHL holders are exempt from local prohibition. In this case you can still OC, but ensure that no round is in your .45, or in the mag that is attached to the weapon. Though I do not think any places in Eastern Oregon have any loaded OC restrictions, but be sure to check.

I'll be in the Winston Roseburg area. Does anyone know of any restrictions there? Also if there are no restrictions I can carry open and full loaded, and keep a loaded firearm in my vehicle. Is that correct???

The only restricted cities I am aware of are, Salem, Portland, Oregon City, and Independence. Not sure about Dallas.

I think I read Newport is also.

Newport and PDX are both loaded ban.

They're on page two of this pamphlet.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/at...4&d=1280899231
    Last edited by Cremator75; 04-10-2011 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Spelling

Be very careful, the farther west you get the more likely your chances of trouble with LE become.