• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I don't need to see the inside of an Oregon jail...

Freedom First

Or the back seat of a cruiser.:cry:

Ok, so I'm driving into Eastern Oregon from Eastern Washington and I don't have an Oregon CPL.
1. Before I cross the border I lock my concealed BUG in a container in the cab of my vehicle for the duration of my stay. Renders it inaccessable even though loaded.
2. I keep my .45 in clear sight on my hip in and out of my vehicle. Classic OC. And if I have to take it off, it also needs to be locked up to drive again.

Did I get it right? Do I pass? Jeeze, I hate silly laws.:banghead:

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher
Urge everyone you know in Oregon to call their legislators and demand they vote for HB 2792, which would recognize all other states' concealed handgun licenses in Oregon.

Historyman1942

Or the back seat of a cruiser.:cry:

Ok, so I'm driving into Eastern Oregon from Eastern Washington and I don't have an Oregon CPL.
1. Before I cross the border I lock my concealed BUG in a container in the cab of my vehicle for the duration of my stay. Renders it inaccessable even though loaded.
2. I keep my .45 in clear sight on my hip in and out of my vehicle. Classic OC. And if I have to take it off, it also needs to be locked up to drive again.

Did I get it right? Do I pass? Jeeze, I hate silly laws.:banghead:

Your should be good, as long as no local jurisdictions restrict loaded open carry, which applies to your vehicle. Only CHL holders are exempt from local prohibition. In this case you can still OC, but ensure that no round is in your .45, or in the mag that is attached to the weapon. Though I do not think any places in Eastern Oregon have any loaded OC restrictions, but be sure to check.

Korben88

I'll be in the Winston Roseburg area. Does anyone know of any restrictions there? Also if there are no restrictions I can carry open and full loaded, and keep a loaded firearm in my vehicle. Is that correct???

willigun

The only restricted cities I am aware of are, Salem, Portland, Oregon City, and Independence. Not sure about Dallas.