• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Preferred CC Handgun

Bucks Gun Shop

Gentlemen & Ladies,

I am getting ready to place an order and thought what better place to find out what the top models are than to survey this crowd. Now, I understand that OC is preferred, but when you need to CC - what is your go to gun, or what would be your go to if you owned it?

Appreciate the help in thinking through a CC order.

1911er

My preference

My vote Is A compact 1911 style hand gun it weighs A lot less than the full size 1911. My personal carry piece is A COLT officers lightweight .45 acp with a three inch barrel.

skiingislife725

Glock 26. Nice to just have the 10 rounder with the +3 extension for concealing...and then have the G17 magazine for when I'm OCing. The short length helps with appendix carry vs. the G19/G17. That said, I'll be getting a 19 or a 17 (or both? hmm) because I almost never CC now.

Last edited:

Tawnos

Walther PPS or S&W Airweight are my CC of choice. My girlfriend has an XD SC she's CC'd before (she carries much less often than I)

G20-IWB24/7

Were I to be putting together an order for CC weapons, I think my list would look something like this:

Glock 26/27/30/36
S&W 442/642/637 etc...
XD9SC/40SC
Ruger LCP/LCR
Keltec P3AT/PF9
Kahr CW9/40
Bersa Thunder .380's

Speaking business-wise, it is very difficult to order a bunch of compact 1911's, Sigs & HKs because most of the people wanting one of those know exactly which specific model they want, and to 'stock' those at $700-1200+ a piece would get very expensive, very quickly. The above would be a "quick and dirty" list of guns you could move fairly easily.

Personally, I carry a G30 (OC/CC) and a Kahr MK9 Elite '03 (BUG).

oldkim

So always back a step or two...

What I like or what other's like's is one thing...

What you like is another...

So if you are 1911 fan - a compact "officer's model" would be nice.
If you are a Glock guy - Glock 26.
If you are M&P or S&W....
If you like CZ - P-01

For really concealed... the 380 models are quite nice for pocket carry or even a simple revolver...

What do you have or like? What's your "budegeted" amount. What guns have you tried and like?

How concealed do you want it? and where are you going to wear it on the body? Many factors to consider. It also depends on your body type and what type of clothes (suits to street wear...).

Also will this be a range gun too? Some conceal carry guns (the really small micro/compact models) are very hard to shoot a lot for the range. Not impossible but it does make for a little more abuse on the hands, etc.

SpyderTattoo

Were I to be putting together an order for CC weapons, I think my list would look something like this:

Glock 26/27/30/36
S&W 442/642/637 etc...
XD9SC/40SC
Ruger LCP/LCR
Keltec P3AT/PF9
Kahr CW9/40Bersa Thunder .380's

Speaking business-wise, it is very difficult to order a bunch of compact 1911's, Sigs & HKs because most of the people wanting one of those know exactly which specific model they want, and to 'stock' those at $700-1200+ a piece would get very expensive, very quickly. The above would be a "quick and dirty" list of guns you could move fairly easily.

Personally, I carry a G30 (OC/CC) and a Kahr MK9 Elite '03 (BUG).

I'd rather see a Kahr PM9/40 than a CW9/40 on that list.

G20-IWB24/7

I'd rather see a Kahr PM9/40 than a CW9/40 on that list.

I don't disagree with you. Having been in the business.... I know that PM-series don't move like the CW's do. Personally, I've owned 3 PM9s, 3 MK9's, 2 K40's, 1 K40 Covert, 2 K9's, & a T9. So you see, I have no love for the CW's, but they sell much better (to a gun store owner) than stocking the more expensive Kahrs...

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Pf9

I have a Kel Tec PF9. Also I am one of the "meatheads" who wants to make an order. How much (if you can get one) for a Kel-Tec SUB 2000?

o2ryan

I don't understand why CC equates to smaller handguns. I dress around whatever I am carrying, OC or CC, which is currently a Ruger SR9. I would gladly EDC a full size 1911 if I had one.

Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D.

There are so many choices out there it all comes down to personal preference. I really like the Glock 33. The .357 Sig hits pretty hard and the G33 has a decent capacity. Downsides are you will pretty much be deaf after firing it with no ear protection (also the recoil is a bit "snappy" which effects the speed of followup shots).

I also switch between a 1911 (4"), Kahr PM9, Glock 19, & Glock 36. If you can afford to have a couple options this is ideal as you can switch between them for different situations. Also check out the Springfield EMP line (9mm or .40 S&W). They are expensive for what they are (they get beaten in terms of weight & capacity by all of the polymer pistols). They sure are nice looking pistols though....

If I had to choose to keep one of my pistols it would be a tough choice between the G33/Kahr PM9 as they are so versatile. I would hate to give up any of my .45 ACPs though...

irish52084

Me too !! love that 3 inch barrel

How's the reliability on your 3" 1911? I always struggled to make them as reliable as I liked for carry. I think it might have been more of a grip issue for me though. I was just wondering what your experiences were and if mine were the norm or not?

ApacheBunny

I would go with my FNP-40 CC or OC, 4 in barrel and its light weight, I can conceal it in my jacket with a shoulder holster, bonus, comes with 3 mags, con, each mag is $45 a pop (stainless steel only) and only 10 rounds for the .40 and .357 Sig, i believe 15 for 9mm and 12 for .45 don't quote me on that though. But I am happy with it, I dont know who needs more than 10 rounds for one attacker or 2.

Also it has Sig like controls so if you are familiar with Sig controls it will be a plus, I don't really think this is a downside but it has only a decocker for the standard model, so if you chamber, first shot will always be DA during carry. the USG is a cock and locked model, decent price for it, and aesthetically different from the standard FNP. god sounding like an FNH spokeman.

Just for giggles, S&W 460 XVR yes I have a long coat that could conceal that beast and trust me I would attempt it for laughs at a range meet. (sadly dont have one)

Last edited: