• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Preferred CC Handgun

Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D.

How's the reliability on your 3" 1911? I always struggled to make them as reliable as I liked for carry. I think it might have been more of a grip issue for me though. I was just wondering what your experiences were and if mine were the norm or not?

I had the same issue with my 3". I really wanted it to work as I loved the way it carried/shot. It just wasn't close enough to 100% reliable for me (I had some stove pipe issues even after some custom gunsmithing. I have a 4" now and have to say I'm pretty happy with it (it took some work to get it reliable for carry however).

Hymay

The S&W Bodyguard 380, IF you can actually get some. Since they dropped the MSRP, they've pretty much disappeared off shelves. Cabela's has a waiting list that was 40+ deep when they priced it at 350. With built in laser, its a nice little pocket rig.
For something larger, I am partial to the XDM compacts, in 9 or 40. Not sure how my likes fare with popularity though, plus they are a pretty new release.

ApacheBunny

Bucks Gun Shop

Gang:

Appreciate the feed back... You can check out my site and see some of the new firearms that I have listed... You will note that several of the ones suggested on this site are now in my inventory...

Thanks.

G20-IWB24/7

Gang:

Appreciate the feed back... You can check out my site and see some of the new firearms that I have listed... You will note that several of the ones suggested on this site are now in my inventory...

Thanks.

One thing... the photo on your site for the P229 is a P226 E2... Other than that, nice site, very straightforward. Wish I was closer, I'd stop by for a visit. Good luck!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
My favorite CC handgun, which I also OC is my Sig P250 subcompact (.40 S&W).

p250Lighter.jpg

My favorite BUG, which by definition is a CC hangun and also a deep concealment handgun, is my Keltec P32.

IMG_0172.jpg

Tawnos

NO, surprisingly it is not. DAO and a very smooth 4.5lb trigger pull.... a very cooperative firearm.

You haven't had any issues with it? Sig recently introduced the 290, and as I read reviews for it, many unfavorably mentioned the 250.

1245A Defender

well,,,

NO, surprisingly it is not. DAO and a very smooth 4.5lb trigger pull.... a very cooperative firearm.

that sig is a real sweet shooter!, unless youre a girlyman...
real nice trigger, recoil is normal, gentle, reasonable,
shooting guns is not a gentle happy thing, but a sig IS!!!

they are costly, but worth it, plus secret service lighters are rare!!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
You haven't had any issues with it? Sig recently introduced the 290, and as I read reviews for it, many unfavorably mentioned the 250.

No. None and I have tried to have it FTF or FTE but it shoots and feeds perfectly. The 290 is a completely different firearm. They really are not a comparable firearm.

that sig is a real sweet shooter!, unless youre a girlyman...
real nice trigger, recoil is normal, gentle, reasonable,
shooting guns is not a gentle happy thing, but a sig IS!!!

they are costly, but worth it, plus secret service lighters are rare!!

Thanks, actually the 250 goes for around $475

Tawnos

No. None and I have tried to have it FTF or FTE but it shoots and feeds perfectly. The 290 is a completely different firearm. They really are not a comparable firearm.
Have you actually tried the 290? I didn't think it was generally available yet.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Have you actually tried the 290? I didn't think it was generally available yet.

Yes. It is fine but I wouldn't buy it as I have no need for another small CC firearm and I don't carry 9mm. (I have a friend who owns a gun shop)

The 250 is a interchangeable firearm, several different sizes can be acquired without buying a different gun as the trigger mechanism is removable from the gun...