• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry fishing event-*-*- miami,florida-*-*-

Are you going?

• Total voters

JorgeGrimnay

:p:shocker:Come join us on an Open carry fishing event on March 26 2010 at the key Biscayne Bridge also known as Rickenbacker Causeway (we would be located after you pass the big bridge to your right) at 11:00 AM in Miami, Florida and show support for the new Florida open carry bill and exercise your 2nd amendment right to keep and bear arms!

Make sure you have your saltwater fishing license with you.

:banana::dude::monkeySEE YOU THERE
:monkey:cool:

Click here to see map

Last edited:

Rich7553

Jorge,

I would ask that you consider postponing any open carry activity in the Miami-Dade/Broward area until at least May. As an Executive Director of Florida Carry, Inc. and the host of the monthly Fort Myers OC fishing event, I applaud your enthusiasm, but believe me when I tell you that by having an OC fishing event in the Miami area without proper preparation, could endanger yourself and your participants as well as causing irreparable harm to the OC movement.

The decision to ban OC in 1988 was formulated by opponents in the Miami area. We have been fortunate enough to have a lot of support for the bill, but one bad incident could doom the bill. Before we ever attempted an OC fishing event, we ensured we had properly notified the county/city attorney and police/sheriff departments prior to anyone OCing anywhere. Especially if the press are involved, it must be handled delicately and properly to ensure that the event presents OC in a good light. The press can take hours of footage at one of these events, but the few seconds someone rests their hand on their gun is what would make it onto the airwaves, along with a diatribe about carelessness and public danger.

Please reconsider your decision and contact me or StogieC personally via PM.

Thank you for your support.

esavinon51

Open Carry in Miami.

Hi Jorge,

For the past couple of months i've done alot of foot work in preparing a open carry event here in Cutler Ridge Area ( Blackpoint Marina). spoke with alot of people park director, police supervisor, county attorney, etc, etc, etc and all were very against the idea. explaining to them the florida statues didn't matter to them. like richard said it's better off to postpone the till then.

Thanks,
Eric Savinon

JorgeGrimnay

Open Carry Fishing Event

Hi thank you for your reply.  Out of respect and because I do not want to bring a Negative feel to the bill, I will wait. However, I would love to be able to fish and expose my beautiful Glock 22. :(

Rich7553

Hi thank you for your reply. ? Out of respect and because I do not want to bring a Negative feel to the bill, I will wait. However, I would love to be able to fish and expose my beautiful Glock 22. :(

And there are many of us who'd love to join you! When OC becomes law, as it is expected to do, you won't be limited to just fishing!

Piolin

I am glad to find people from miami that want to do this!!!

But Rich is right, we need to wait now, congratulation OP

mavidal

I would concur, as Miami is a liberal bastion in this state and the anti-gunners and media would have a field day with you. Best wait till the bills pass then do it. I would join in, living down here.

Mike

Piolin

Jorge,

I would ask that you consider postponing any open carry activity in the Miami-Dade/Broward area until at least May. As an Executive Director of Florida Carry, Inc. and the host of the monthly Fort Myers OC fishing event, I applaud your enthusiasm, but believe me when I tell you that by having an OC fishing event in the Miami area without proper preparation, could endanger yourself and your participants as well as causing irreparable harm to the OC movement.

The decision to ban OC in 1988 was formulated by opponents in the Miami area. We have been fortunate enough to have a lot of support for the bill, but one bad incident could doom the bill. Before we ever attempted an OC fishing event, we ensured we had properly notified the county/city attorney and police/sheriff departments prior to anyone OCing anywhere. Especially if the press are involved, it must be handled delicately and properly to ensure that the event presents OC in a good light. The press can take hours of footage at one of these events, but the few seconds someone rests their hand on their gun is what would make it onto the airwaves, along with a diatribe about carelessness and public danger.

We should thank miss Reno for that

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Jorge,

I chose to defer to this wisdom as well. I'm in a similar Liberal Enclave. While I often come across as unpleasant on this forum, it is only my policy of responding in turn to the uncivilized. Those who aren't bright enough to figure that out would turn their backs and let me sink in the inevitable unpleasant LEO encounter that would come from cops in this area.

This same thing would apply to Miami, and then some.

This house is divided by hatred, arrogance, and an unabashed "Only Ones" attitude, make no mistake. Being an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle wouldn't be helpful to the OC cause. You would go down in flames, and those self-appointed glorious leaders would mock you as they watched.

It can't be beneficial for you or anyone else to have that happen.

Last edited:

DEA HEAT

I was going to do a Broward event but then Rich told me its not a good idea, instead i started WPB event :D.

Your more and welcome to join and bring a few friends...

http://www.meetup.com/Florida-Open-Carry/events/16911792/

Spread the word!

I also just got a new fishing rod and really want to show off the gun my mother bought me and show my support. Sucks living the south..

Last edited: