Thread: MOC Litter Pickup SW MI at the Hartford Exit on I-94 on 4-16-11

MDOT Adopt-A-Highway SW MI at the Hartford Exit on I-94 on 4-16-11

We will be meeting at 8:00 AM on April 16th at the Panel Room Restaurant. There will be a short Safety meeting (required by the state) and I will hand out needed materials. We can plan to eat breakfast/brunch at the Panel Room and then we will load up and head over to the I94 and get to work. Remember this is a heavily traveled stretch of road and a great way to visibly get the word out!

Many hands make light work and a short job of it!!

I would recommend a pair of gloves and some sort of tool to pickup litter with! Bags will be provided.

As this will be in April showers are not out of the ordinary so dress accordingly! The good news is the bugs and heat should not be a problem!!

Post in this thread or the one on OCDO or MGO if you can do this so that the Events Coordinator can get an accurate count thanks!!

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=maps&o...N&hl=en&tab=wl

Last edited by autosurgeon; 03-18-2011 at 09:36 PM.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Thumbs up much success & Be Safe out there

I'm sorry that I cant make the April 16th Adopt-a-highway event, thats my grandmother's 92 Birthday and I shall be celebrating the afternoon and evening with her and family.
    & I have a pre-scheduled event in the morning

Carry On
    Last edited by Master Control; 03-18-2011 at 09:58 PM. Reason: type-o
    "Liberty's too precious a thing to be buried in books...Men should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives and say: 'I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't. I can. And my children will."
    ,,, So Mote Be

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.-- JC

I'll be out there after work
    No one has ever walked away from a gunfight complaining that he brought too much ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by hopnpop View Post
    I'll be out there after work

Thank you sir!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

btt

This is next Sat see you then!

2 days to go! We still need help with this one!

I plan to be there, work permitting. I did tell my shop foreman that I had prior commitments, we shall see...
    "Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
    —John F. Kennedy

"If a man neglects to enforce his rights, he cannot complain if, after a while, the law follows his example."
    —Oliver Wendell Holmes

Quote Originally Posted by Mosnar87 View Post
    I plan to be there, work permitting. I did tell my shop foreman that I had prior commitments, we shall see...
    Thanks Bro!

Thumbs up

I plan on being there too... I didn't want to promise to soon and not make it.
    The news media plays politics more than the politicians do.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Eagle View Post
    I plan on being there too... I didn't want to promise to soon and not make it.
    Look forward to seeing you there! Bring a rain jacket and hat as we are going to have some showers in the area. trust me when I say rain is much preferred to heat!!

See ya all in the morning!

Thank you to all who came out and helped! We started the day with three and ended with five as some came out after work or other obligations were completed.

Great Job Ryan on organizing this!!! Thank you to those who came out to volunteer. Your effort and support is greatly appreciated!!

My pleasure. Well, the weather wasn't all that pleasurable, but what can ya do? Glad to have been able to help out.
    No one has ever walked away from a gunfight complaining that he brought too much ammo.