• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Snail Mail letter writing campaign to urge the NRA to help battle CADL attack!

detroit_fan

They have responded and referred us to the Michigan NRA/ILA rep who happens to be Steve Dulan. So at this time it's in Steve's hands. They may get involved if it goes to appeals court.

That's good, because this is going to have to go to appeals. After reading this judges last nonsense it is clear that she is not going to rule based on law, but her personal feelings and beliefs instead, just like the ferndale judge.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
That's good, because this is going to have to go to appeals. After reading this judges last nonsense it is clear that she is not going to rule based on law, but her personal feelings and beliefs instead, just like the ferndale judge.
From MOC, Incs attorney as posted on MGO...

"I spoke to someone at NRA-ILA this morning and was referred to Steve Dulan. I spoke to Steve this morning as well. Steve Dulan provides some legal assistance to MCRGO. He is also the representative for NRA-ILA in MI.

NRA will not be involved at a trial level, which is where we are right now, but NRA is likely to be involved at the appellate level, which is where this case will be going. That is NRA's usual pattern. We might be at the appellate level by fall.

MCRGO is likely to become more supportive in the litigation at the appellate level as well.

MCRGO is actively involved in seeking a legislative fix to the preemption issue. Dean and I have both spoken to Steve about this and the ideas about legislation from some MGO posts and from Dean and me are being heard. I want to recognize PDinDetroit - I have discussed some of his ideas with Steve and one or more of those concepts may well end up in a draft to be introduced in coming weeks.

It sends a very positive message to MCRGO, NRA, and the opposition that MGO will soon file a motion to intervene. That indicates a growth in and broader support for the litigation and a showing that this is about all gun rights and not open carry.

The key message that must be sustained is that this case is about gun control and the ability of governmental entities to do whatever they want when it comes to regulating guns, and not about open carry. As soon as this theme gets derailed and becomes only about OC, there will be problems in sustaining support.

As I and others have emphasized - patience and sustained contacts with the other orgs helps."

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Thanks for the update Venator ;) CADL may find that they have woken a slumbering hive of patriots.

The objective of all who oppose freedom in our country has & always will be to do away with the second amendment. With it gone, none of the rights guaranteed in the constitution can stand alone against these tyrants. God save us all if they ever achieve their goal!

Last edited: