• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Snail Mail letter writing campaign to urge the NRA to help battle CADL attack!

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
I am told that emails and calls by NRA members are often over looked by the senior management of the NRA; however when they get hundreds or thousands of letters on a subject that gets their attention in a hurry! I urge all NRA members here (I suspect most of you are like myself) to send a letter ASAP! I have included a form letter template that has been posted here below.

Address :
National Rifle Association
Attention: NRA-ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox
11250 Waples Mill Road
Fairfax, VA 22030
===============================================================

Dear Leadership of <Insert the name of your rights group here>,

I am writing you to inform you about recent events threatening firearms rights in Michigan. As you may know, Michigan law preempts firearms regulations by local government. Recently, the Capitol Area District Library in the Lansing area banned firearms possession in its facilities claiming the Library can do so because it is an “authority” and not a local government.

A judge in the 30th Circuit Court for Ingham County, Michigan has issued a Preliminary Injunction authorizing the Library's gun ban and enjoining ALL MEMBERS OF THE GENERAL PUBLIC from openly carrying a holstered firearm in this public library, subject to the court's contempt powers. The Library's director has stated under oath that his goal is to BAN all firearms from the Library (open and concealed carry). The Library is also asking the judge to declare all public libraries as K-12 schools so that under Michigan and federal law they will become gun free zones.

This Court case has chilling implications for the Right to Keep and Bear arms in Michigan. Preemption could collapse as cities around the State create authorities that can ban firearms (Sidewalk Authorities, Park Authorities, City Building Authorities, Downtown Development Authorities, etc.). All public libraries in Michigan could become weapon-free school zones if the Court sides with the Library.

The case is still in the Circuit Court and the discovery process under way through early June 2011. I feel it is likely the case will not be resolved in the Circuit Court as the judge has made her feelings about the issue well known. Legal costs are mounting and may soon become very large. As a member of this organization I IMPLORE you to support Michigan Open Carry, Inc. and the others who have joined the fight to protect our Liberties!

To find out how <insert the Organization's name> can help, please contact the lead attorneys on the case:
DEAN G. GREENBLATT, PLC
4190 Telegraph Road
Suite 3500
P.O.Box 40
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48303
(248) 644-7520

STUART J. WEISS
6646 Tamerlane Dr.
West Bloomfield, MI 48322
(248) 390-8850

Most urgently, in the name of Liberty,

<Your Name>
<Your Identification Number within the organization>
============================================================

stainless1911

Banned
Maybe you're right, but I've gotten to the point with the NRA that I dont even open the envelopes anymore. Theres a trash can installed next to our mailbox for the junk mail, so things like that never even make it to the car. Perhaps you could add that to the letter?

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Maybe you're right, but I've gotten to the point with the NRA that I dont even open the envelopes anymore. Theres a trash can installed next to our mailbox for the junk mail, so things like that never even make it to the car. Perhaps you could add that to the letter?

I understand your frustration: but as with many things in life if you don't ask how can you expect to get? A prime example: I never got a date that I didn't ask for. If my wife is reading this later I love you honey & my 1st date with you was my best "ask" to date. ;)

- CYA brothers...CYA :)

Get2DahChopper

Why do girls got to be like that anyways? I never could approach one.

I think you just have to play the odds! The more you ask the better your chances :D

Think about it even if you only bat a 10% if you ask a hundred girls that's 10 dates! :monkey

Just my unsolicited two cents worth...just saying...

Last edited:

Golden Eagle

... gotten to the point with the NRA that I dont even open the envelopes anymore.
Use those prepaid self addressed envelopes and tell the NRA what you think
icon11.png

Onnie

I understand your frustration: but as with many things in life if you don't ask how can you expect to get? A prime example: I never got a date that I didn't ask for. If my wife is reading this later I love you honey & my 1st date with you was my best "ask" to date. ;)

- CYA brothers...CYA :)

Why do girls got to be like that anyways? I never could approach one.

WOW guys that's SAD! I on the other hand have no common point of reference:lol:

SIGKzoo

Lansing is taking this from two angles then... I think there should be something in this letter about them helping us fight H.B. 4438 & 4439. Also I hope they are behind us and help any way they can with getting H.B. 4009 passed!

Centurion

Letter outbound!

Sent mine today, every little bit helps, I hope? We must defeat CADL or face little micro dictatorships in every town in MI, and possibly the entire USA if this spreads like the herpes it is...sorry for visual -> YUCK :mad:

kubel

Sorry to be so negative, but the NRA will not lift a finger to lend assistance in an open carry case. I would be surprised if they even responded with a "good luck" letter.

(I let my membership expire last year)

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Sorry to be so negative, but the NRA will not lift a finger to lend assistance in an open carry case. I would be surprised if they even responded with a "good luck" letter.

(I let my membership expire last year)

They have responded and referred us to the Michigan NRA/ILA rep who happens to be Steve Dulan. So at this time it's in Steve's hands. They may get involved if it goes to appeals court.

Haman J.T.

They have responded and referred us to the Michigan NRA/ILA rep who happens to be Steve Dulan. So at this time it's in Steve's hands. They may get involved if it goes to appeals court.
That explains why Steve told me he was notified of the letter I wrote to the NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund about the CADL case!