• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Funny CCW Story

Locklear

Not really a "Tale of Self Defense" but I'm posting it here, anyways.

So, I carry 100% of the time, and I carry a S&W Sigma .40. Tonight, I went to a party with a friend, and didn't really know anyone else there. Like always, I'm carrying. So anyways, as the party is dying down I end up in a bedroom with 2 girls and 3 guys one of which was the friend I went to the party with, and he knows I carry.

Anyways, I see a poster on the wall that has the name of one of the girls sororities on it. The first word of the sorority is "Sigma". I ask her what it is, and she says it's the name of her sorority and quotes the Lil Wayne song "Like a Sigma"... Stompin on this beat like a motha****** Sigma.

I tell her Sigma is a gun, and she doesn't believe me. I say "Yes it is! Here, I'll show you!" and reach for something near my pocket. Everyone in the room jumped back in fear as I drew my... cell phone. I was going to show them a photo of a Sigma. People asked me if I had a handgun and me and my friend laughed as I said no.

Funny think is, I actually had my Sigma with me haha

P.S.- Yes, I was carrying while drunk. I do often, as there is no law against it in NH. If you can't responsibly carry while drunk, you probably shouldn't be carrying at all. So don't bother trying to lecture me.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Not really a "Tale of Self Defense" but I'm posting it here, anyways.

So, I carry 100% of the time, and I carry a S&W Sigma .40. Tonight, I went to a party with a friend, and didn't really know anyone else there. Like always, I'm carrying. So anyways, as the party is dying down I end up in a bedroom with 2 girls and 3 guys one of which was the friend I went to the party with, and he knows I carry.

Anyways, I see a poster on the wall that has the name of one of the girls sororities on it. The first word of the sorority is "Sigma". I ask her what it is, and she says it's the name of her sorority and quotes the Lil Wayne song "Like a Sigma"... Stompin on this beat like a motha****** Sigma.

I tell her Sigma is a gun, and she doesn't believe me. I say "Yes it is! Here, I'll show you!" and reach for something near my pocket. Everyone in the room jumped back in fear as I drew my... cell phone. I was going to show them a photo of a Sigma. People asked me if I had a handgun and me and my friend laughed as I said no.

Funny think is, I actually had my Sigma with me haha

P.S.- Yes, I was carrying while drunk. I do often, as there is no law against it in NH. If you can't responsibly carry while drunk, you probably shouldn't be carrying at all. So don't bother trying to lecture me.

Since your joining us March 11th, you have asked a series of neophyte questions, even repeated some on different threads. Now there is no wrong in being new and inexperienced, but suggesting that you now suddenly qualified to say when or how certain behavior is acceptable is NOT in your job description.

I find getting drunk stupid and pointless, but if you must kill your own brain cells at least do so where there is zero chance of your harming someone else. It is most assuredly not of a general consensus here that alcohol is not a negative factor when coupled with guns. Judgment and the whole cognitive process are effected as are reaction/coordination and a host of other things.

I do not claim to know NH law inside and out. It appears that NH leaves much to personal responsibility - that is good; however coupling your view of things indicates a lack of responsibility/good judgment.

Couple driving and alcohol, like doing harm to someone with a gun while under the influence, and let me know how that works out for you and the ones you harmed.

BTW - it was no bother lecturing you. It was not just for you but also for the thousands of other readers here whom I wish to see and understand that your views are most atypical of what we believe and stress.

Also notice that at no time did I say "haha" or "LOL" as this is a subject not to be taken lightly - it is serious business 24/7.

Locklear

Since your joining us March 11th, you have asked a series of neophyte questions, even repeated some on different threads. Now there is no wrong in being new and inexperienced, but suggesting that you now suddenly qualified to say when or how certain behavior is acceptable is NOT in your job description.

I find getting drunk stupid and pointless, but if you must kill your own brain cells at least do so where there is zero chance of your harming someone else. It is most assuredly not of a general consensus here that alcohol is not a negative factor when coupled with guns. Judgment and the whole cognitive process are effected as are reaction/coordination and a host of other things.

I do not claim to know NH law inside and out. It appears that NH leaves much to personal responsibility - that is good; however coupling your view of things indicates a lack of responsibility/good judgment.

Couple driving and alcohol, like doing harm to someone with a gun while under the influence, and let me know how that works out for you and the ones you harmed.

BTW - it was no bother lecturing you. It was not just for you but also for the thousands of other readers here whom I wish to see and understand that your views are most atypical of what we believe and stress.

Also notice that at no time did I say "haha" or "LOL" as this is a subject not to be taken lightly - it is serious business 24/7.

Wow, you are probably the cutest lil guy I have ever come across! Alcohol is a negative factor when coupled with gun? Also, you say to drink when there's zero chance of me hurting someone?

Why is that? To me, it sounds like you don't trust yourself. If you don't trust yourself to drink and have a gun on you without shooting someone, you need to take a long hard look at yourself. I honestly feel bad for you, to be so unsure of yourself.

At no point did the gun come out. I wasn't waving it around or showing anyone. Get off your high ******* horse and quit being so uptight.

Seriously, more people might actually post on these forums if EVERY SINGLE POST wasn't met with a "You handled that wrong" or a "You shouldn't have done that" or "Let me proceed to tell you why you are wrong, and I am right".

Now, I look forward to your elitist, confrontational reply.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
No need for me to discredit you further. You're doing a fine job of it one your own.

KansasMustang

No need for me to discredit you further. You're doing a fine job of it one your own.

Let me preface what I'm going to say with I concur with what Grapeshot has said 100%.

Secondly let me state for myself that I think you're terribly irresponsible, and that you are either just young and foolish, or a Marxist, Maoist Progressive troll that's sitting in his mothers basement in his underwear dreaming up crap to try and discredit the open carry movement. At any rate your actions are totally irresponsible and childish. This behavior and worse the publishing thereof on this forum will not gain you anything but scorn from this community. May I suggest that you re-evaluate your actions and ask yourself what it is you carry for? Is it to "be cool" or is it to defend yourself and those you care about?

If it's the former I would ask that you cease and desist. If it's the latter, then I have some strong advice that always reaches me from my Grandfathers grave when I carry, which is almost 100%. #1 Treat every gun as if it's loaded 100% of the time. #2 Never point your weapon at something you do not intend on killing or destroying. #3 Alcohol and guns do not mix.

Now if you want to make your snide remarks about trusting myself and being elitist and ad infinitum, have at it. I trusted myself through 25 years active duty, and guess what? I still carry a firearm, on duty, guarding and protecting those that guard and protect our country and our constitution.

Now if you really want to "be cool", and get to "Carry 100%" Join the armed forces and volunteer for Afghanistan. Get yourself tested. and See if you can measure up. As a great many of the "Elitist" Members of this forum have. If you don't have the intestinal fortitude to do so, than at least have a little respect for those that have. Who knows, you might even learn something.

Of course I've had to control my rage during the posting of this. If I hadn't this post may have been deleted. If you want me to tell you how I really feel, send me an IM and I'll let fly. Have a nice day.

Last edited:

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
NOT funny -- foolish.

The disgust I feel for this -- poster -- is unbounded. He is everything that we disavow about personal responsibility, especially in the area of safe firearm handling. It is only a matter of time before we read of him being involved in a negligent discharge, a drunk driving accident, or worse.

I can only hope, given his low post count, that he is a troll looking for someone on this board, a board that absolutely advocates safe firearm practices, to approve of his not-funny "CCW story," so that he can spread malicious comments. His trollish attack on Grapeshot only bolsters my opinion that this board would be better represented to the public without his comments.

j4l

1st: Sums up the mentality we're dealing with,right off the bat.:

"So anyways, as the party is dying down I end up in a bedroom with 2 girls and 3 guys one of which was the friend I went to the party with, and he knows I carry.

Anyways, I see a poster on the wall that has the name of one of the girls sororities on it. The first word of the sorority is "Sigma". I ask her what it is, and she says it's the name of her sorority and quotes the Lil Wayne song "Like a Sigma"... Stompin on this beat like a motha****** Sigma." :banghead: :banghead:

Wow,just..wow,the fail..

That sillyness aside, despite their obvious youth, and inexperience-to be fair, the kid did say she didnt produce or display her actual sidearm, she showed a PICTURE of it via cell phone. So no real harm, there.

BUT- the going to a college party to drink and hang out with other immature yahoos, while packing....bad form indeed..

KansasMustang

1st: Sums up the mentality we're dealing with,right off the bat.:

"So anyways, as the party is dying down I end up in a bedroom with 2 girls and 3 guys one of which was the friend I went to the party with, and he knows I carry.

Anyways, I see a poster on the wall that has the name of one of the girls sororities on it. The first word of the sorority is "Sigma". I ask her what it is, and she says it's the name of her sorority and quotes the Lil Wayne song "Like a Sigma"... Stompin on this beat like a motha****** Sigma." :banghead: :banghead:

Wow,just..wow,the fail..

That sillyness aside, despite their obvious youth, and inexperience-to be fair, the kid did say she didnt produce or display her actual sidearm, she showed a PICTURE of it via cell phone. So no real harm, there.

BUT- the going to a college party to drink and hang out with other immature yahoos, while packing....bad form indeed..

SHE??? I assumed it's a HE,,and only "silliness" and "bad form" Methinks it's not just the OP but maybe yourself also that needs to have a deep soul search.

usamarshal

Fuk ya brah....fuk ya...did you get any nookie?

Attachments

• captain-kirk.jpg
    captain-kirk.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 289

SavageOne

Well, just because it's legal in NH doesn't mean you should. Are you only doing it to be cool? What you doing is not excepted by the general public. Didn't you think of all the possible scenarios that could happen?....Wait aren't these the same arguments the anti's use against OC?

So, the OP did something that some feel was irresponsible. So what. He didn't break any laws and exercised his liberty. Was it right? It's not for me, nor any one else to say. He hurt no one else while doing it. Talk all you want about form or judgment or responsibility. It still comes down to his choice. So many on this forum want to talk about liberty and individual rights, they bemoan, how others chastise them for doing something they don't agree with. So what's the difference here?

On a side note, I would add that when I was a member of the armed forces, I drank more than I do now. I was not alone as many around me did. Service is not some magic potion that bestows all with maturity. I am quite glad I didn't choose to carry back then, as I didn't have the maturity and sense of responsibility I believe I do now. I hope I use both of those now when I do all things including carry and when I choose to drink.

JamesCanby

Activist Member
Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
So, the OP did something that some feel was irresponsible. So what. He didn't break any laws and exercised his liberty.

With the right to exercise one's liberty comes great responsibility. As weapons carriers, we have taken on the requirement to act responsibly. No one can seriously debate that being drunk -- as the OP claimed -- does not affect one's judgement. We are still at a point in time where our right to carry defensive weapons is under attack, and the possibility/probability that at some point a drunk carrier will do something wrong is almost certain, and that will harm everyone's rights.

Look at the success that MADD has had on drunk driving in getting the DUI threshold lowered from 0.1 to 0.08 ... a level that is reached very quickly even by the most casual drinker. Why? Because it is recognized that one's reaction time and judgement are negatively affected by that level of alcohol.

Here in Virginia we are now allowed to CC in restaurants that serve alcohol, and I really enjoy having a glass of wine with dinner ... but I *won't*, because(1) I don't want there to be any chance of my judgement being compromised, (2) it's against the law and I don't want to lose my right to CC, and (3) I don't need the imputed liability of "being under the influence" if the shtf. Even though I could OC and still have that glass of wine, I *won't* because of (1) and (3).

To have someone post on this board and advocate carrying while drunk, and to have someone claim "no harm, no foul" is just irresponsible.

KansasMustang

Well, just because it's legal in NH doesn't mean you should. Are you only doing it to be cool? What you doing is not excepted by the general public. Didn't you think of all the possible scenarios that could happen?....Wait aren't these the same arguments the anti's use against OC?

So, the OP did something that some feel was irresponsible. So what. He didn't break any laws and exercised his liberty. Was it right? It's not for me, nor any one else to say. He hurt no one else while doing it. Talk all you want about form or judgment or responsibility. It still comes down to his choice. So many on this forum want to talk about liberty and individual rights, they bemoan, how others chastise them for doing something they don't agree with. So what's the difference here?

On a side note, I would add that when I was a member of the armed forces, I drank more than I do now. I was not alone as many around me did. Service is not some magic potion that bestows all with maturity. I am quite glad I didn't choose to carry back then, as I didn't have the maturity and sense of responsibility I believe I do now. I hope I use both of those now when I do all things including carry and when I choose to drink.

I get the Liberty part, trust me. When I was in the armed forces I drank more than I do now also. I also agree that it doesn't bestow maturity on all, but on MOST it does. Don't agree with it? Yep you're right, it's downright irresponsible and he aught to know that guns and alcohol don't mix. It's not just a matter of disagreeing, it's a matter of SAFETY. It's going to get him into trouble someday and in the state of Kansas it is a felony to drink and carry. So,,just a matter of not agreeing,,nah I don't think so.

eye95

Do you really think that saying something stupid like, "Yes, I was carrying while drunk. I do often, as there is no law against it in NH. If you can't responsibly carry while drunk, you probably shouldn't be carrying at all. So don't bother trying to lecture me," will stop folks from pointing out its stupidity?!?

Drinking impairs judgment. Ironically, it impairs judgment about how much one's drinking has impaired his judgment. Carrying while drunk, while it may be legal in NH (I don't know), is still monumentally stupid.

Yeah, what I said is harsh, but not personal. Please note, I am not calling the OP stupid. He may actually be quite intelligent. I don't know. But, what he said is stupid, and the act of carrying drunk is stupid.

Getting that message out clearly far outweighs any negative impact on his self-esteem that he might suffer if he wrongly assumes that I am calling him stupid.

RussP

Nope, Locklear, not a funny story to anyone but you.

If your claim to fame is carrying while drunk, what's the name of your local newspaper? We'll monitor the site for news reports of a shooting by/of a very young, very drunk person carrying a Sigma.

Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D.

I smell troll, but here's my $.02:

Putting aside the physical risks to yourself & others plus just general bad form, think about the legal ramifications to yourself if you are actually involved in a self defense shooting while drunk.

Now, I'm not familiar with the laws of NH (nor am I a lawyer) but I would be willing to bet if you had to shoot someone in self defense and it came out during trial that you had been drinking, this is going to adversely effect your defense in a big way (especially during a civil case). Why give the prosecutor any extra "ammo" to put you away or increase monetary damages awarded? On this point alone, drinking while carrying is very foolish. Carrying a deadly weapon carries with it a huge responsibility and while doing so, you must conduct yourself with a certain level of bushido.

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm fairly confident that the vast majority of responsible firearms owners do not want to project themselves in the manor you have in regards to drinking/carrying. It may be technically legal for you in your state, but you leave yourself and others open to risk that would not be there if you had not been drinking.

I think we have all been lectured at one point or another (probably for our betterment) - I know I have. It says a lot about a person's character as to how they receive constructive criticism. Are you going to be the type of person who listens to others and takes a good hard look at themselves and maybe changes for the better? Or, are you going to follow down your current path perhaps for the worse? Ultimately, as with most things in life this is up to you. But when you are sitting in a prison cell or are financially destitute don't say that you weren't warned...

Last edited:

Chap

My personal opinion

I would not drink and carry, that's my personal choice.

I could care less if it's legal or not. I do want it to be legal to carry in restaurant and bars, heck any where I wish to visit.

I hope the original poster reads these responses and learns what people are trying to tell them. I hope it doesn't fall on deaf ears.

We were all young once, my actions changed drastically once my son was born.

Chap

Last edited:

SavageOne

With the right to exercise one's liberty comes great responsibility. As weapons carriers, we have taken on the requirement to act responsibly. No one can seriously debate that being drunk -- as the OP claimed -- does not affect one's judgement. We are still at a point in time where our right to carry defensive weapons is under attack, and the possibility/probability that at some point a drunk carrier will do something wrong is almost certain, and that will harm everyone's rights.

Look at the success that MADD has had on drunk driving in getting the DUI threshold lowered from 0.1 to 0.08 ... a level that is reached very quickly even by the most casual drinker. Why? Because it is recognized that one's reaction time and judgement are negatively affected by that level of alcohol.

Here in Virginia we are now allowed to CC in restaurants that serve alcohol, and I really enjoy having a glass of wine with dinner ... but I *won't*, because(1) I don't want there to be any chance of my judgement being compromised, (2) it's against the law and I don't want to lose my right to CC, and (3) I don't need the imputed liability of "being under the influence" if the shtf. Even though I could OC and still have that glass of wine, I *won't* because of (1) and (3).

To have someone post on this board and advocate carrying while drunk, and to have someone claim "no harm, no foul" is just irresponsible.

Actually, someone has every right to be irresponsible, as long as it doesn't hurt or limit anyone else's rights. What's that phrase bandied around here" your Rights end at my nose". As long as the man didn't break the law or hurt anyone, what he chooses to do is his decision. The right or wrong of it is his as well.

Everyone keeps saying he should be more responsible. Who decides what kind of actions that should entail? I have heard plenty of CC'ers state that it irresponsible, stupid, just plain wrong, etc. to OC a firearm. You can't have it both ways. Either, he has the same right to do as he pleases(as long as it's within the law) the same as us, or we all have to accept someone else's definition of what's right and responsible.

And while I can't speak for NH in MO it is perfectly legal to carry while intoxicated.

http://www.moga.mo.gov/statutes/C500-599/5710000030.HTM

Missouri Revised Statutes
Chapter 571
Weapons Offenses
Section 571.030

(5) Has a firearm or projectile weapon readily capable of lethal use on his or her person, while he or she is intoxicated, and handles or otherwise uses such firearm or projectile weapon in either a negligent or unlawful manner or discharges such firearm or projectile weapon unless acting in self-defense;

j4l

SHE??? I assumed it's a HE,,and only "silliness" and "bad form" Methinks it's not just the OP but maybe yourself also that needs to have a deep soul search.

Here's why:

"Wow, you are probably the cutest lil guy I have ever come across!
Alcohol is a negative factor when coupled with gun? Also, you say to drink when there's zero chance of me hurting someone?

Why is that? To me, it sounds like you don't trust yourself. If you don't trust yourself to drink and have a gun on you without shooting someone, you need to take a long hard look at yourself. I honestly feel bad for you, to be so unsure of yourself.

At no point did the gun come out. I wasn't waving it around or showing anyone. Get off your high ******* horse and quit being so uptight.

Seriously, more people might actually post on these forums if EVERY SINGLE POST wasn't met with a "You handled that wrong" or a "You shouldn't have done that" or "Let me proceed to tell you why you are wrong, and I am right".

Now, I look forward to your elitist, confrontational reply. "

Not entirely PC of me, or "hip", if you will, but based on this, I took it to be a gal, not a guy..

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Carrying a weapon when intoxicated is as stupid as driving drunk. But the thing about carrying a hand gun while intoxicated is the anti gun crap heads will use that against the rest of us if some drunk MORON uses his weapon.

Drunk Morons KILL ENOUGH PEOPLE IN CARS.

Responsible people that carry a weapon do it SOBER !

i AGREE THIS IDIOT IS A PLANT & insurgent anti gun lib. So take your dumb posts & your low post count back to the Brady Bunch.

Last edited: