Thread: Doing an ORR? Do not forget this!

Doing an ORR? Do not forget this!

The advent of technology is constantly evolving, as I have found out that my local PD has now installed video & audio to nearly all their squad cars. Also, State Patrol has them as well, these units are turned on several ways, manually or by the emergency lights and siren.
    I am not for sure at this point if these LEO have an external cordless microphone (don't see why not) given the fact that State Patrol has this.
    When doing an ORR, you may not want to forget to request the Audio and or Video portion of LEO contact.
    Just a thought, I had contact w/GBPD this week, some of them need a remedial training in Professional Communication, just cuz you wear a Badge don't make you any better than me, and save your lectures, just do your "investigation" issue a citation/arrest (or not) and move it along.

What does ORR stand for?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar
    open records request
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQ34JTqk0I

In the ashes burns an ember of liberty, We are the fuel to ignite the ember into a flame of liberty.

The embodiment of our founding fathers will not be found in one man , But in Many.

****** give it away ( Our rights ) prostitutes sell it (Mandated training).

Quote Originally Posted by springfield 1911 View Post
    open records request
    Oh boy...brain no worky this early in the morning, especially with no coffee.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

This is how I'm putting it in the ORR for info relating to the incident last night:
    ...all audio &/or video of phone calls, radio traffic, recordings made by all devices worn or held by officers or in patrol cars relating to the incidents at my address on this day (Tues. 22MAR11). Include audio of phone calls which relate to this incident which were made to or from officer's cell phones, and any text messages or emails to or from their phones or in-car computers. Please be sure to include audio & video from the car which transported me...

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    This is how I'm putting it in the ORR for info relating to the incident last night:
    Include all field notes and reports from and to all officers involved.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.