• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Doing an ORR? Do not forget this!

qball54208

The advent of technology is constantly evolving, as I have found out that my local PD has now installed video & audio to nearly all their squad cars. Also, State Patrol has them as well, these units are turned on several ways, manually or by the emergency lights and siren.
I am not for sure at this point if these LEO have an external cordless microphone (don't see why not) given the fact that State Patrol has this.
When doing an ORR, you may not want to forget to request the Audio and or Video portion of LEO contact.
Just a thought, I had contact w/GBPD this week, some of them need a remedial training in Professional Communication, just cuz you wear a Badge don't make you any better than me, and save your lectures, just do your "investigation" issue a citation/arrest (or not) and move it along.

MKEgal

This is how I'm putting it in the ORR for info relating to the incident last night:
...all audio &/or video of phone calls, radio traffic, recordings made by all devices worn or held by officers or in patrol cars relating to the incidents at my address on this day (Tues. 22MAR11). Include audio of phone calls which relate to this incident which were made to or from officer's cell phones, and any text messages or emails to or from their phones or in-car computers. Please be sure to include audio & video from the car which transported me...