• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Goldberg Brief Filed with Second Circuit PLEASE READ, COMMENT AND PASS IT ALONG

Edward Peruta

Please visit this link to access the PDF copy of the James Goldberg Brief.

http://www.ctgunrights.com/0.2nd.Circuit/10-4215_Appellant_Brief_Filed_031811.pdf

To all who may be interested:

Attorney Rachel M. Baird has filed James Goldberg’s Brief with the Second Circuit Court of Appeals in New York.

As many of you know, I have been involved with this case since the beginning and openly admit my bias in favor of James Goldberg and the issues along with the legal work of Attorney Rachel Baird.

I personally would like to thank Attorney Rachel M. Baird for her dedication to the rights of firearm owners in Connecticut and the time she has put into various cases in the past 4 years. In my opinion, she has become a driving force in addressing firearm issues with law enforcement agencies in our state.

Regardless of how the Second Circuit rules, I believe this case will have significant NATIONAL ramifications.

By circulating this brief I am attempting to bring attention to the issues contained and the importance of giving this case the support that I believe is necessary.

Please take the time to read this brief and pass it on to others who may be interested.

LQM

I am not a lawyer.

Please visit this link to access the PDF copy of the James Goldberg Brief.

I just finished reading this, and as my title says, I am not a lawyer, but this sounds good to me. Sounded to me (as I already thought) that the State had no case, that the criminal case judge, Judge Norko, was obviously biased in his ruling, and that the Officers did in fact make up law as they saw fit to affect an arrest.

Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D.

Edward, thanks for posting this as it was a really interesting read. I find the decision of the district court very disturbing and as you say it has far reaching implications if this type of judgment is upheld. It is very upsetting to see our constitutional rights trampled on not only in regards to our 2nd Amendment rights but also as to search and seizure. Ms. Baird seems to have given a great argument and she is doing all of us a huge favor in fighting things like this. I don't know if she frequents this website but she does indeed deserve our words of encouragement & support.

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
Mr. Goldberg committed no crime, yet was arrested and his property seized (and ultimately destroyed).

Under what lawful authority was his property seized and destroyed?

Has anything been done, can anything be done, will anything be done to compensate Mr. Goldberg for the loss of his property?

One has to remember, he committed no crime.

Edward Peruta

Goldberg Claim for Damages to be presented to the Legislature

The claims for damages caused by Judge Norko will be presented to the Connecticut Legislature by Attorney Rachel M. Baird sometime before the close of the 2011 session.

The case is really for his father Jack Goldberg who owned the weapon that was destroyed.

The Glastonbury Police Department and Department of Public Safety NEVER gave Mr. Goldberg proper timely public notice that his weapon was seized or to be destroyed.

To decision and order to destroy the weapon was made outside the courtroom by Judge Raymond Norko.

More information will be posted giving notice of when the presentation/claim will be made to the Legislature.