Thread: Went to the Reber Ranch Dog Park

Went to the Reber Ranch Dog Park

I recently took my Great Pyrenees pup to the dog park at Reber Ranch (A tack and pet store) in Kent. It's the first time I had taken my puppy there. I decided to go back to my roots and throw on my cowboy hat. (I do gotta admit, my combination of the cowboy hat and my pistol did look pretty cool) and I had never encountered so many firearm-friendly folks in my LIFE! Especially at one time! Wow. When I walked through the gate, a couple came over to me and said "nice pup.. and... nice pistol!" and then went on to ask me the general questions of "are you a police officer?"

I told them all about it, and then it was to my surprise that they actually knew that OC was legal in WA, and we started talking about firearms, open carry, and the law on it. A few others nearby overheard our conversation, and decided to wander over and join in. It turned out that about 3/4 of the people in the dog park were very intrigued by OC and and firearms in general.

I stayed for a little over an hour. I chatted with everyone while our pups wore themselves out, and covered themselves with mud and murky water the entire time. I honestly have not had that much fun with engaging in a general firearms discussion. Talk about a great experience!

I also had many compliments on my hat as well, which was nice to hear people felt it flowed together

Very cool. Reber Ranch is 3 minutes from my house. Let me know when you are going again and I'll bring my Lab. Oc meetup at the doggy playground.

jamie

Quote Originally Posted by kenzmad View Post
    Very cool. Reber Ranch is 3 minutes from my house. Let me know when you are going again and I'll bring my Lab. Oc meetup at the doggy playground.

jamie
    When his "pup" grows up you'll need to bring two dogs just to keep it even.

Those critters can grow rather large

Last edited by amlevin; 03-19-2011 at 01:29 PM.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

I live kinda' close to there too. I've been there with my dog a couple of times. Mostly I go there to buy dog food. I've been open carrying there for a long time. The folks there are cool with it.
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    When his "pup" grows up you'll need to bring two dogs just to keep it even.

Those critters can grow rather large

Well then, we better get together soon while my pooch has the size advantage. neat looking dogs, but who the hell wants to pay to feed em or clean up after them?

jamie

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderTattoo View Post
    I live kinda' close to there too. I've been there with my dog a couple of times. Mostly I go there to buy dog food. I've been open carrying there for a long time. The folks there are cool with it.
    I would hope so, considering the theme of the store!

I don't think I know what you mean. What does the "theme" of the store have to do with it. It is a feed and tack store.
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderTattoo View Post
    I don't think I know what you mean. What does the "theme" of the store have to do with it. It is a feed and tack store.
    It's a country store. Country folks tend to support our nation's constitutional rights. I know the owner, Todd, certainly does.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron1124 View Post
    It's a country store. Country folks tend to support our nation's constitutional rights. I know the owner, Todd, certainly does.
    Uh, no. Go to Klickitat County and all you will see is a bunch of hippie liberal signs up....
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Uh, no. Go to Klickitat County and all you will see is a bunch of hippie liberal signs up....
    Most country folks that I know support our constitutional rights.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Interesting thing is that I find a lot of hippies to be more libertarian in nature. They understand rights. And want gov. out of their lives. I know quite a few hippies that are gun owners too.

Of course there are a lot of Psuedo hippies who are really just rich college kids who are very "leftists" in nature and latch on to a group who doesn't mind their personal use of chemicals.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Don't confuse Leftists with Hippies. I lived the 60's and the last thing the culture of the day wanted was Government telling them ANYTHING!

The Leftist's of today want he Government to run all aspects of our lives.

Liberal and Hippie are terms as different as Black and White.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Don't confuse Leftists with Hippies. I lived the 60's and the last thing the culture of the day wanted was Government telling them ANYTHING!

I agree.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Yup. REAL hippies seem to be really cool people who support our rights. They just tend to be peaceful in nature. I think a lot of people confuse the new era of "hippies" (lefties) who THINK they're doing good for humanity, when they really (IMO) make things much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron1124 View Post
    Yup. REAL hippies seem to be really cool people who support our rights. They just tend to be peaceful in nature.
    Could that possibly be that most were constantly conducting "Pharmaceutical Research" with Cannabis, LSD, Peyote, and Cheap Wine?

I remember an old T-Shirt that said "Reality is for People That Can't Handle Drugs"

It should be noted, however, that many of todays Liberals in government are children of those old Hippies. Could it be that all that drug use actually did cause genetic damage?

It should be noted, however, that many of todays Liberals in government are children of those old Hippies. Could it be that all that drug use actually did cause genetic damage?
    Or they grew up on NPR....

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Interesting thing is that I find a lot of hippies to be more libertarian in nature. They understand rights. And want gov. out of their lives. I know quite a few hippies that are gun owners too.

Of course there are a lot of Psuedo hippies who are really just rich college kids who are very "leftists" in nature and latch on to a group who doesn't mind their personal use of chemicals.
    +10

Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar
    I live by the newer dog park on 248th. I don't have a dog though.