• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Went to the Reber Ranch Dog Park

Aaron1124

I recently took my Great Pyrenees pup to the dog park at Reber Ranch (A tack and pet store) in Kent. It's the first time I had taken my puppy there. I decided to go back to my roots and throw on my cowboy hat. (I do gotta admit, my combination of the cowboy hat and my pistol did look pretty cool) :) and I had never encountered so many firearm-friendly folks in my LIFE! Especially at one time! Wow. When I walked through the gate, a couple came over to me and said "nice pup.. and... nice pistol!" and then went on to ask me the general questions of "are you a police officer?"

I told them all about it, and then it was to my surprise that they actually knew that OC was legal in WA, and we started talking about firearms, open carry, and the law on it. A few others nearby overheard our conversation, and decided to wander over and join in. It turned out that about 3/4 of the people in the dog park were very intrigued by OC and and firearms in general.

I stayed for a little over an hour. I chatted with everyone while our pups wore themselves out, and covered themselves with mud and murky water the entire time. I honestly have not had that much fun with engaging in a general firearms discussion. Talk about a great experience!

I also had many compliments on my hat as well, which was nice to hear people felt it flowed together :)

kenzmad

Very cool. Reber Ranch is 3 minutes from my house. Let me know when you are going again and I'll bring my Lab. Oc meetup at the doggy playground.

jamie

amlevin

Very cool. Reber Ranch is 3 minutes from my house. Let me know when you are going again and I'll bring my Lab. Oc meetup at the doggy playground.

jamie

When his "pup" grows up you'll need to bring two dogs just to keep it even.

Those critters can grow rather large

Great%20Pyrenees-2%20years-White-1183928051.jpg

Last edited:

SpyderTattoo

I live kinda' close to there too. I've been there with my dog a couple of times. Mostly I go there to buy dog food. I've been open carrying there for a long time. The folks there are cool with it.

kenzmad

When his "pup" grows up you'll need to bring two dogs just to keep it even.

Those critters can grow rather large

Great%20Pyrenees-2%20years-White-1183928051.jpg

Well then, we better get together soon while my pooch has the size advantage. neat looking dogs, but who the hell wants to pay to feed em or clean up after them?

jamie

sudden valley gunner

Uh, no. Go to Klickitat County and all you will see is a bunch of hippie liberal signs up....

Interesting thing is that I find a lot of hippies to be more libertarian in nature. They understand rights. And want gov. out of their lives. I know quite a few hippies that are gun owners too.

Of course there are a lot of Psuedo hippies who are really just rich college kids who are very "leftists" in nature and latch on to a group who doesn't mind their personal use of chemicals.

amlevin

Don't confuse Leftists with Hippies. I lived the 60's and the last thing the culture of the day wanted was Government telling them ANYTHING!

The Leftist's of today want he Government to run all aspects of our lives.

Liberal and Hippie are terms as different as Black and White.

sudden valley gunner

Don't confuse Leftists with Hippies. I lived the 60's and the last thing the culture of the day wanted was Government telling them ANYTHING!

I agree.

Aaron1124

Yup. REAL hippies seem to be really cool people who support our rights. They just tend to be peaceful in nature. I think a lot of people confuse the new era of "hippies" (lefties) who THINK they're doing good for humanity, when they really (IMO) make things much worse.

amlevin

Yup. REAL hippies seem to be really cool people who support our rights. They just tend to be peaceful in nature.

Could that possibly be that most were constantly conducting "Pharmaceutical Research" with Cannabis, LSD, Peyote, and Cheap Wine?

I remember an old T-Shirt that said "Reality is for People That Can't Handle Drugs"

It should be noted, however, that many of todays Liberals in government are children of those old Hippies. Could it be that all that drug use actually did cause genetic damage?

Lovenox

Interesting thing is that I find a lot of hippies to be more libertarian in nature. They understand rights. And want gov. out of their lives. I know quite a few hippies that are gun owners too.

Of course there are a lot of Psuedo hippies who are really just rich college kids who are very "leftists" in nature and latch on to a group who doesn't mind their personal use of chemicals.

+10