Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed carry

Concealed carry

It seems as though the legislation will be a "shall issue" type of legislation. Its still early to declare it as such yet, but this is what's bouncing around. A background check and a fee and your able to carry. Not exactly what we wanted, but it's better than not having the right to carry at all.

Where did you get this information? :-)

It seems our conservative ( smaller govt & less taxes ) legislators are not going to listen to the people that elected them , what I am also hearing is the Bill is already written as shall issue , they are just holding it in cue to be introduced in a few months. They are giving us the finger & telling us, JUST LIKE WHAT WE GIVE YOU AND **** !

Once this legislation get's introduced we have to get their attention somehow. Rally or a Lobby Day, something...or all is lost.
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 03-19-2011 at 12:26 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    It seems our conservative ( smaller govt & less taxes ) legislators are not going to listen to the people that elected them , what I am also hearing is the Bill is already written as shall issue , they are just holding it in cue to be introduced in a few months. They are giving us the finger & telling us, JUST LIKE WHAT WE GIVE YOU AND **** !

Once this legislation get's introduced we have to get their attention somehow. Rally or a Lobby Day, something...or all is lost.
    We could go camp out in the capitol? Court order? Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Snake161 View Post
    It seems as though the legislation will be a "shall issue" type of legislation. Its still early to declare it as such yet, but this is what's bouncing around. A background check and a fee and your able to carry. Not exactly what we wanted, but it's better than not having the right to carry at all.
    What is your source? I talked with one of my reps' assistants and he said there was no bill even drafted as of this week.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Will a Shall Issue permit system rescind open carry rights?
    "In a court trial half the lawyers are wrong." - Captain Nemo

"[There is] a duty in refusing to cooperate in any undertaking that violates the Constitutional rights of the individual. This holds in particular for all inquisitions that are concerned with the private life and the political affiliations of the citizens." - Albert Einstein

gunowners.org ~ lp.org ~ downsizedc.org ~ oathkeepers.org ~ campaignforliberty.com/usa/WI/ ~ goooh.com

You're going to need to post some data to back that up. Speculation only hurts the cause.

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
    Quote Originally Posted by IcrewUH60 View Post
    It is my opinion that some form of carry would have to remain a "right", not a permitted "privilage".
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

McX
    some form of cc on a rainy day would sure help to keep the gun dry.

Quote Originally Posted by IcrewUH60 View Post
    It depends on how the bill is written. I would assume since we can OC now with no permit, that if a shall issue bill was passed and OC without a permit was in there, we could take it to court and win.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Well guys, I can't really reveal my source, but rest assured it is accurate as of now. It could still change in the future. Yeah, apparently they don't really care what we have to say. They want to keep tabs on us, and by going in and doing the background check and paperwork, they will have access to more information and will know that we conceal carry. This is what the United States is all about these days; tracking and quantifying and keeping tabs on everybody in the country. Freedom? Right. I wish it wasn't true.

I like to consider myself a patriot that stays involved, but everyday, the gov. pushes back and says "No, you are not as free as you think. Sit back down".

I see no change to come anytime soon. Even people I have cast my vote for who claimed they love freedom and the constitution are spitting in my face and doing the same crap every other politician does.

The constitution and the deceleration of independence state that we have certain rights when a government becomes too big and unresponsive.

Perhaps it is time all citizens across the country who are tired of this invoke that right.

Sorry, rant mode.....

..........--Moderator Response--
    Caution urged - OCDO does not tolerate other than lawful means to change laws.
    No hint of violence or insurrection is acceptable here, under any circumstance.

Well guys, I can't really reveal my source, but rest assured it is accurate as of now.
    Of course. And don't forget about the zombies...

'Zombies ahead,' warns electronic road sign in SC

(AP) 1 hour ago

FORT MILL, S.C. (AP) Drivers near the South Carolina-North Carolina state line have been warned to be on the lookout for zombies, hunters and tanks.
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...b222dd7d9da7cc

Last edited by HandyHamlet; 03-21-2011 at 11:55 AM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Well guys, I can't really reveal my source, but rest assured it is accurate as of now. It could still change in the future. Yeah, apparently they don't really care what we have to say. They want to keep tabs on us, and by going in and doing the background check and paperwork, they will have access to more information and will know that we conceal carry. This is what the United States is all about these days; tracking and quantifying and keeping tabs on everybody in the country. Freedom? Right. I wish it wasn't true.

I like to consider myself a patriot that stays involved, but everyday, the gov. pushes back and says "No, you are not as free as you think. Sit back down".

I see no change to come anytime soon. Even people I have cast my vote for who claimed they love freedom and the constitution are spitting in my face and doing the same crap every other politician does.

The constitution and the deceleration of independence state that we have certain rights when a government becomes too big and unresponsive.

Perhaps it is time all citizens across the country who are tired of this invoke that right.

Sorry, rant mode.....
    why can't you reveal your source? that makes no sense

Sorry, rant mode.....
    Forgive me for being a "little" skeptical, but why can you not reveal your source?

Maybe the source is a Zombie who wants to remain unknown....

Outdoorsman1

Sorry, rant mode.....
    I hate to be the person that has to point this out, but it seems to me as though this is a post that is fishing for some kind of anti-goverment movement talk. Largly based on the candid nature of the information offered and how quickly it turned into anti government and anti politician talk.

I served my country, and I love this nation as if it were my own family, and nothing in this world will change that. And for that reason I am concerned about this type of talk. If you don't like politicians, vote for someone who is not a politician. After all, political placements were not meant to be full time jobs. But to change a discussion on rights into a political statement that is clearly about over throwing the government is not the way to go about things.

Then again, that is just my opinion.
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

I understand both sides of the discussion. I too am generally skeptical of the information until I can trust the source. But also knowing how some departments and agencies are run, the people "whistleblowing" have things to lose by releasing information. I value people willing to take that risk, and so if I receive info in that manner. I make every attempt to keep that source secret in respect to the source. Even though all the information is public, if the individual is found "releasing" info. It can make that individuals employment very difficult, or possibly end it. Regardless of how right or wrong it is. So keep that in mind as you make accusations of the source. Someone may have risked themselves to reveal that information. Remember there is always at least 2 sides to every situation.
    I have no info regarding the OP statements, I'm "just sayin."
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Quote Originally Posted by CalicoJack10 View Post
    I hate to be the person that has to point this out, but it seems to me as though this is a post that is fishing for some kind of anti-goverment movement talk. Largly based on the candid nature of the information offered and how quickly it turned into anti government and anti politician talk.
    Exactly what I was thinking... anti government to the extreme...

Outdoorsman

--See Moderator comment on post #11--

I support constitutional carry in all 50 States. Having said that, if Wisconsin is stuck with a "shall issue" permit system that requires training to get the "permission slip", I will attend the classes necessary and then provide the course to WI Carry participants "for cost" or "pass the hat" as I would have to travel 3000 miles round trip to do the course.
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Quote Originally Posted by jpm84092 View Post
    I support constitutional carry in all 50 States. Having said that, if Wisconsin is stuck with a "shall issue" permit system that requires training to get the "permission slip", I will attend the classes necessary and then provide the course to WI Carry participants "for cost" or "pass the hat" as I would have to travel 3000 miles round trip to do the course.
    You don't have to worry about that my friend, that's what I do for a living. Lol
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

Quote Originally Posted by CalicoJack10 View Post
    You don't have to worry about that my friend, that's what I do for a living. Lol
    Then Jack, that would make two of us doing it for cost (or free).
    My cats support the Second Amendment. NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, & Personal Protection - NRA Certified Range Safety Officer, Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor.
    "Permission Slips" from Utah, Pennsylvania, Nevada, Arizona, and Florida. _ Verily, thou shalt not fiddle with thine firearm whilst in the bathroom stall, lest thine spouse seek condolences from thine friends.

Any ideas on reciprocity yet? I have MN and non resident PA...if I move to WI and homestead in MN...will I have to get the WI CCW?

Sorry, rant mode.....

..........--Moderator Response--
    Caution urged - OCDO does not tolerate other than lawful means to change laws.
    No hint of violence or insurrection is acceptable here, under any circumstance.
    Our Constitution provides for as many protections as possible to ensure that the Government is subservient to the People and only exists for the purpose of serving the People. However, should these protections fail it is up to the People to rise up against the Government and to put the Government back in it's place. In this capacity, the People act as the fourth branch of government to take control and to override their decisions that violate the Fundamental Rights of the People to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

By what means do the People exercise their authority over the Government? That depends on how resistant the Government is to complying with the Will of the People. In the case of the Declaration of Independence, it meant declaring war on the Government and overthrowing them. This is obviously a last resort after taking other steps less harsh. But clearly the Right and the Duty to overthrow the Government in order to restore the United States as a government to serve the People is clearly established in historical precedent.

It was written into the declaration of Independence by our founding fathers for a reason, so I have to disagree with the Moderator, According to the founding fathers that penned it into the document that founded this republic, it would be Lawful . So no it's not an illegal or an unlawful act if you win

ADMINISTRATOR COMMENT: While nothing you have said is incorrect in a worst-case scenario, we are FAR, FAR from the point that such things would be necessary. We are so far from such an act that it is hard to imagine a scenario under which it would come to pass at all. In fact, we are winning legal and judicial battles across the country seemingly every week! In such an environment, such talk is EXTREMELY counter-productive and not what we are about here at OpenCarry.org. We want our rights protected WITHIN the system and extremist rhetoric in this environment amounts to nothing more than being unwilling to fight in the political arena. And I know that our members will not run from a political battle.
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 03-22-2011 at 12:33 AM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Glock View Post
    Any ideas on reciprocity yet? I have MN and non resident PA...if I move to WI and homestead in MN...will I have to get the WI CCW?
    And this is what frustrates me. We have no clue. I just want someone to introduce a bill, any bill so that 'we' can start working on it. It seems 'they' are all putting us off and telling us that the budget comes 1st. That's fine, it doesn't mean the bill can't be introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    And this is what frustrates me. We have no clue. I just want someone to introduce a bill, any bill so that 'we' can start working on it. It seems 'they' are all putting us off and telling us that the budget comes 1st. That's fine, it doesn't mean the bill can't be introduced.
    True...even though I don't live there yet, is there anything I can do to help hurry it along? Is there someone I can email or call? I have a compelling story to tell that may have some impact.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast